or Connect

Posts by joiji

RTW is styles produced en-mass on standard lasts. MTO is styles produced to order, with last/materials/sole/etc chosen by the purchaser. MTM is styles produced to order, with last/materials/sole/etc chosen by the purchaser, as well as the ability to make alternations to an existing last (I am unsure of what restrictions are placed on these alterations.). Bespoke is starting a last from scratch.
  Danite, imo. Full rubber > Combo of rubber/leather.
  Those are lovely. Wish I wore ties more.
    My opinion may differ from many, but I dislike this idea. While an increase in competition is fine, these retailers are countries apart, from what I have gathered. It seems unfair to pit them against each other so we may benefit, when they already spend time contributing money and time to the community, fielding questions and enabling wild proposals which ultimately gain them no sale. I'm sure they all have sales from time to time, which they will publicise here, but...
  Vass does no RTW to speak of, from my understanding. All orders made outside of their store (by phone or by email) are done as a MTO, but without charging for such. You select a style and leather, sole options and such, or just email Rezso a picture and say: 'Make me this on the ... last in size ...' and they are shipped around 4 weeks later. I'd imagine the MTO fee would be incurred if you wanted to create a new design they did not have an existing pattern for, or have...
  Be careful with these unless they have sorted out their US to UK sizing issues. IIRC the massive G&G sale from Barney's left many disappointed by receiving shoes which did not match the sizing scale displayed on the drop down menu.
Looks a lot like F last...
Just posted a classified add for some shoes I'm trying to get rid of. http://www.styleforum.net/t/339751/aus-shoes-alden-loake/0_100   Alden #8 Chukkas in 11D US Alden snuff suede PTBs in 10.5D US Loake brown cap toe oxfords in 10.G UK   Also have a pair of Meermin snuff suede chukkas NIB in 10.5 UK to sell if anyones interested.    Should have some more to add next week.
J.Crew by Alden #8 Chukka's. Size 11D on the Barrie last (Fits 11.5D US)   Worn, but ton's of life left in both soles and uppers. Metal toe tips added by cobber. Never worn without socks.   $250 plus post within Australia   Leather Soul by Alden Snuff Suede PTB's. Size 10.5D on the Barrie Last (Fits 11D US)   Worn ~6 times. Metal toe tips added by cobbler. Never worn without socks.   $250 shipped within Australia   Grenson 'Frank' Cap toe boot in British Tan....