or Connect

Posts by joiji

I'm the same with the brown pindot from last season :<
    Starting out, yes. With the larger collection, no.
  I don't think they lack any offerings, style wise. They seem to be willing to change their patterns too across lasts, which is nice. Wider fittings for existing lasts maybe? Created on demand for MTO orders might be a nice idea. I know a few people dislike the fact that most shoes don't offer wider (or narrower for that matter) widths for all of their lasts.    I don't think they need many more lasts, necessarily as they already have lasts for both casual and formal...
  I think so. I'd love to see Vass expand to other countries, but I also don't want to lose their ability to customise every order if people want to. I'd love to see them build up a small set of staple models which are stocked in store, with a vast MTO system for people who are willing to wait. That way, us forum denziens can still fiddle with designs and get something unique, and Vass can set up an online store, produce a set of shoes constantly for restocking purposes,...
Tom, are Vass able to handle rapid expansion? Say 200 or 300%? As we've seen with Meermin, the increased expansion has led to quality control problems, sometimes major ones, as well as lengthy wait times. I'd love for Vass to become more well known, as I'm sure it would open up possibilities we don't currently have with them as customers, but I'm wary of either: massive price increases to reduce the new demand created by iGents interest, or dilution of a very well...
  I'd honestly probably still pay using wire transfers, but the PayPal option would give new customers some security, outside of hearsay on forums. I believe they don't accept credit card transactions due to different standards between US and EU banks, but I could be wrong.
I agree with the website/blog suggestions, but one major stepping stone for them would be easier payment. While PayPal is quite expensive, I imagine it'd encourage buyers, rather than deter them as the need for wire transfers does.
I believe Saphir make something in an aresol for this purpose, invulner?
Tweeds sound interesting. Good to hear about the MTO's too!
Hey Jason, any chance of some plain coloured cashmere ties for the upcoming seasons? I don't remember you mentioning cashmere ties, only scarves/gloves.