or Connect

Posts by joiji

Adopting a Harris Scarfe business model maybe?
  What does 6'4" equal?
  The common idea is buy the best you can afford, but if you're only rotating with one other pair two pairs of Loakes (either a second black or a burgundy pair for versatility) may be a better option if you're going to be wearing them day in day out.
  I believe C&J are happy to resole them if you're willing to send them to the UK. That said, they're just standard goodyear-welted shoes, so somewhere like B.Nelson in the states can take care of them just as well.
OneOne assumes you did not watch the Horween cordovan video posted a couple of pages back?
  It's fine. I'd encourage you to wear them before doing it though, as you might as well break the shoe in first.       You can, it's just not common in Australia. Somewhere like B.Nelson in the states will do a danite or commando sole on a welted shoe easily. I think the best we can do here is a glued addition. This brings up a valid point actually. Does anyone know of anywhere which will resole danite soles?
  Oooooooooooooh. 30% off retail isn't bad.
  Would you be willing to make them with a wool outer? Something from your Dugdale fabrics?
  Ah, my mistake.
  Might be of lower quality than you'd hope, but there's an option out of NZ for ~$40   http://www.hallensteins.com/product/Merino-Cardigan?i=7860420&v=7862350