or Connect

Posts by joiji

I'd be tempted to try Olfe/New Rey to start if I had a below average width foot.
  If you can justify the shipping cost I've used Valmour in the past with good results. If you're wanting to dip your toe, so to speak, Double Monk stocks most of Saphir's line, think this was noted above.    I'd get  cleaner, conditioner, cream, and a neutral wax if you aren't sure. Ideally you want a decent range of waxes because you can glaze different colours ontop of each other to add hues, but I'd start with neutral ontop of same-colour-cream for a while.
  Pink Socks did a good job explaining, I don't like a super high shine on my calf from day to day, so tend to skip the wax step, or just add one coat to toe/heel for some protection/glow.    In regards to changing colour, long term you can impart significant amounts of colour with polish, and control where the colour is/how it blends as it's a slower process. A quick change is dye, but this tends to tricky unless you're dying black. You might have to practice some first.
  Jacket sleeves are a little off on both, but other than that nice work. 
  Anyone done an order from Australia from TCNY? If I remember right Gerry got a jacket?   Rough prices?
  So long as you get the right size and the last works for your feet, they are exceedingly comfortable. Double leather sole is lovely to walk on, and a nice change for a loafer.
  C&J for RL cordovan.
  I disagree. Were the gap to continue to widen and the stitching loosen, there would be significant issue, but this looks more like the adhesive used to bond the sole to the welt failing, which is less important. The splits which most people posted in here were very minor, and while it would be nice if they didn't happen, I wouldn't have lost any faith in the shoes construction. Remember, you've got a constant stream of impacts pushing the sole and the welt together each...
Suede shampoo would be a good start, imo.
  That's the thing, that isn't related to the way the shoe is welted. It's how the welt is stitched to the sole of the shoe. While they may have split, the stitching won't let the sole come off completely. The gap may widen, but the sole shouldn't separate any further than the stitching will allow. In theory at least.