or Connect

Posts by joiji

Not sure I agree. Loake still uses a lot of polished leather and goodyear welts, which leave a lot to be desired in comparison to hand welting and higher end leathers.
 For those interested in this MTO, we will likely be basing the boot on this model   But in black shell, blind or black eyelets/hooks.
 More temp wise than rain/etc, I'm not phased by water spotting on shell, but understand this is a consideration for some.
Any interest in doing a EB black shell jumper? For those that opted out of the Frankenstitch because of the heavy stitching, this might be more suitable? At 7200SEK, it should only be ~100USD more expensive than an identical boot from Carmina, around 850USD, or 1100AUD, in my local currency.   Would be looking for something for winter, personally, so double danite soles, flat welt, top half speedhooks. Last is somewhat flexible, we'll have to do some research into what...
  Agree on Carmina's execution of a split toe, have a pair of cordovan loafers with this toe and unfortunately the stitching actually tears the upper material slightly. Not enough to make me hate the shoes, but enough to notice if you're looking for things to nitpick. Not a traditional NST either, just a split front apron/toe. Traditional NST has the front split leather going out from the seam, look at Vass for examples.
 Last I heard the price increase for Carmina was only going to be 3%?
Typo on the deposit page, should be 75% instead of 50%.
 On this note, I have a Vanilla and Amber from these I would like to onsell if anyone is in Adelaide. Fragrances are lovely, just don't suit me.
 I'm fairly sure that double danite is thicker than a danite 500, though?
Definately want a double or 500 sole for a casual boot.