or Connect

Posts by joiji

Alrighty. The shaft of the tree is fixed in place by two press fit pins, one at either end. This makes dis-assembly problematic, but not impossible. If you'd still like to go ahead, I suggest you centre punch them, then drill through them. This should allow you to remove the shaft from the tree, exposing the internal spring. Then just match this spring to something reasonably similar at your local hardware store, they shouldn't mind you opening a few packets to make...
  I am unsure. I'll dig mine out and get back to you shortly.
  DYEL?   I find the same thing, I wouldn't worry about it. If you find you can't deal with it, replace the spring with a softer one.
  Yes. I was just saying it's probably pointless looking at MTO Carmina when Vass will charge similar money for a handwelted shoe, with the same MTO options, and imo at least, better materials.
  Part of it could be a difference in height, and thus difference in large blade length needed. I find it very hard to get enough material  width with most standard length ties to get a dimple, so I just end up with a knot and a smooth round of material.
  MTO Carmina calf is on par with Vass shipped with lasted trees, so I'd honestly just go that route. Skab have a reasonable amount on Danite though, for RTW options, iirc.
  I've got one pair of Classic currently, and have handled a couple more from the same line.   The value from Meermin, imo, comes from being able to buy 3 or 4 pairs quickly for a reasonable price. If you're trickling a collection together or just wanting to try out some new makers, I'd look elsewhere. They seem to have either quality problems or huge time delays on most of their orders, except for the group MTO's people are running through the Meermin thread here.    I...
  No, it corrects you regarding their use of cork.   In regards to why the shoes were so wet, I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to the quality of sole bends used by Meermin. I get the impression that their sole leather is very porous, which would explain the shoes getting so wet so quickly. Regardless, it's just a case of letting them airdry, they shouldn't suffer for a soak every now and again.    Romp, if you're wanting to help the soles resist water more, something...
  I'll just leave this here: