or Connect

Posts by joiji

I organised one recently in the dedicated Australian Members thread, but it might be worth checking in there for interest.
#instagrease
  Any chance you can supply your cobblers details? I had not heard of any in Australia offering the service and it might be both a simpler and cheaper option than sourcing them myself.
  A flush mounted one like the picture?
  I wasn't aware that any cobbler in Australia provided the service to do this?
  I did think about this, but I've had my cobbler install a similar thing in rubber already, so I can't imagine these creating any challenge for him. Of course, everyone potential experience may vary in their confidence of their local cobblers ability. I'd be happy to order an extra box and divvy them up to interested parties so they aren't all out a significant amount of money if it doesn't work, but an order requires a wire transfer so an individual purchase isn't an...
So I ended up researching into where I could get those flush metal toe plates that we keep seeing around the forum from places like Meermin, Vass, as the shoe-makers didn't seem to be able to supply them unless they were on a pair of shoes. I've found a supplier and am going to place an order, is anyone else interested in joining in?   Image attached for clarity. If there's any interest I can flesh out pricing details.  
  Pretty sure DM will ship orders if you email/call them.
Really impressed with that U-cap design guys, well done.    Unfortunate that it seems other retailers are going to reap the benefits of your hard work, or do you have exclusive rights to the design for X amount of time?
Can anyone care to comment on the white oxford fabrics they have received, or have swatches of? Got a white oxford shirt recently (Not Luxire) and it's somewhat transparent. I'd like to order half a dozen or so white shirts from Luxire in a white oxford fabric but am worried about having a similar problem.    Have emailed Luxire regarding the same, but would appreciate community opinions/experience too.