or Connect

Posts by joiji

Nope. Bride wanted certain things and I let it be. Groom's suit sleeves went unaltered because she didn't want any shirt cuff showing, for instance. We ended up in charcoal suits with off white shirts, ivory ties, black shoes.    Ties were great, and Jason was very helpful with swatches and options. We ended up with a tie that's colour was a dead match for the brides dress, 7 fold, self tipped, date on the keepers. Both bride and groom were very taken with them.   I...
  I had some made earlier in the year by Jason and was very pleased. They break the $100 price barrier, but not by much.
What are peoples thoughts on taking half a size down from the F last calf, to a P2 shell shoe? Rezso quoted that the P2 is 1/4 size larger in the toebox than the F, and reports here are that shell fits looser than calf?   EDIT: I should note, 44.5 on the F last fits me really well in the toebox, which makes me think a same size P2 shoe may be too wide.
If anyone has a pair of the Forest brogues from Matches in 10.5UK they don't want let me know.
  Unfortunately not. I was on the hunt for 11's, but he said he only has 10 and 12 in the wingtip and 12 in the blucher, or some combination thereof. Might be worth a call just in case though.
  Only 10s and 12s left in both the blucher and wingtip. Didn't ask, but they also have tassel loafers in stock in some sizing. Nothing for me unfortunately, but for anyone else they're great shoes if you can be bothered chasing them up.
  Checked out Malford of London? He said he was putting up 1200 pairs or something, good quality, from what I remember.
  Any chance they had more? :D
Have a couple of pairs on the F last, wanting something similar in the heel, instep, toebox, but with a less elongated toe. I assume this points towards the P2 last?
  Didn't the guys who sold out of Church's go buy Cheaney?   PS: 550 doesnt seem too bad when they want mid 400 for non 1880 Loakes.