or Connect

Posts by joiji

Indeed. Quite ironic really, as I seem to remember him complaining on occasion of Foo's extravagance (particularly in regards to 'The One Shoe')
 Indeed. Luxire are exceedingly accommodating. In fact, I have a surprise coming in a month or so.
Indeed. If you like the styling of TOJ they're probably the best value for money out there atm.
Have a feeling they are Meermins.
 And with a shorter lifespan/more fragile construction, comparatively.
My understanding of the Goodyear process is that originally, it is as you described pB. The machine would cut its own holdfast from the insole (by slicing the insole and rotating the flap up to allow it to be stitched too), then the shoe was lasted and the welt stitched as normal. Over time, the canvas rib beat out the original process due to cost factors (one would assume). You then have hand welted shoes which use a different method to create their holdfast, using a...
 I wondered the same thing, and then took the same size. Instep is a little lower, fore foot a little wider, and around 5mm shorter, but with a more rounded toe. I'll try and take a comparison for you when its light out.
 Can I throw my vote in for all eyelets too? As well as double danite, but that's more personal preference for double soles though.
 They are also GYW, rather than hand welted (bespoke not withstanding)
 Card case and kull excess keys? I'm not sure I'm that much of a fan of Ettinger, tbh. If memory serves their products are fabric lined and mostly glued, rather than stitched (although looking at Ovlov's picture, I may be wrong about the latter.). Have you looked into a smaller leather products producer? There are a million around and they should be able to deliver you a comparable product for substantially less, and will be saddle stitched rather than machine stitched.