or Connect

Posts by joiji

Okay, hopefully this helps some people in regards to the leather colors. These are mine, with a shot straight out of the camera. Colours are fairly true to life, but I'd welcome Charlie to weigh in and say how close he thinks they are.   Top to bottom: Black, Dark Havana, Aus-Nut, Burgundy, Aus-Nut (Bakers, Chocolate suede. They're all 1.25 or 1.5 inch, with satin stainless buckles, and I'm very pleased with them. Must admit, if I were to order again I may stick entirely...
NOBD, how much in the way of pattern refinement have you done? Those shirts seem to fit you very well, just wondering if its the standard luxire pattern with your measurements or you've had them change things?
 Overcast as anything today, will try again tomorrow.
I've heard every couple of months to half a year. Depends how often you wear them and the conditions, really.
 Might be worth emailing Betty and seeing if they're making this boot in burgundy? http://www.shop.carminashoemaker.com/articulo.asp?idarticulo=4582226 I know there's some other companies making shell boots, Trickers, Meermin, Septieme Largeur, if that helps. 
 Sales are your friend. RL is doing their sale atm, Lindricks for ~650ish before shipping. Alden shell is becoming overpriced for what it is, imo, but they are an accessible option. I'd be looking at Carmina at the moment with their free shipping offer. Vass shell is probably going to end up around $900 or so, which puts it out of the same sort of range as Carmina, Alden, etc, unfortunately.
I'll see if I can take a photo tomorrow, I have both you're talking about and find the Bakers much better as a burgundy belt than the burgundy Sedgwick, as strange as that sounds.
 Didn't notice those when I linked that, yoink.
Not sure if it's still relevant, but for those of you that were looking for a field jacket: Country Road seems to have a reasonable option in their outlet store.   http://outlet.countryroad.com.au/shop/menswear/clothing/casual-jackets-and-coats/60153447-3137/4-Pocket-Field-Jacket.html
 I took the same size on Rezso's recommendation. They fit very similarly, but with the P2 being slightly wider, and less elongated.