or Connect

Posts by joiji

Looking to sell these if anyone here is interested.     Vass - Punch captoe derby, black calf. F last, size 45 EU (10.5/11UK) Single leather soles, sole protector applied. Worn less than half a dozen times.   $425 shipped within Aus, happy to split shipping outside of Aus.
 No code, email the forum affiliate account to get their best price. If memory serves they're only getting rid of large sizes in a few models, though.
 I was under the impression Vass 'balanced' their HAF soles with added heel layers?
 I assume so. Black, burgundy, dark brown, light brown, are Vass staples.
 Vass do produce a 5 eyelet derby, I believe it's called the 'London' model. Should be easily produced, but Vass don't do a split welt like on that Alden model, only flat welts or norwegian welts, so you'll have to pick between.  Last wise the F last should suit you. It's Japanese more than Italian, but it's fairly sleek.
 I was under the impression it was just Meermin using more of the hides to economise the production, which lead to poorer quality leather being used for certain portions? Be interested to hear if Ileca was actually sending lower quality hides out during their hiatus.
AS has done odd size, as well as odd width pairs, as part of GMTO's, so I can't see why they wouldn't do it in a single MTO. 
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/overunderlacing.htm
 I heard a little under 1k EUR including VAT recently.
 inb4 hatchgrain.