or Connect

Posts by maplefuturist

I've been doing SS for just over a month. You got the book? I was 120 pounds initially so I started with the empty bar and took extra time to focus on technique. Not sure how you can be confused.
If I get 74g of 220g protein from two whey shakes, am I relying to much on whey? It's 30g of whey per shake. They don't really feel like 500 calories. Feel like I'm cheating.  
I'm prone to fainting. Always had a bit of a medical phobia. Only recently could get through blood tests. Since lifting I noticed I get that light headed feeling on my last few reps.
Did you track when you started?
  Saucepan. 1/2 cup oats, just over 1 cup water. Bring to boil, turn heat to low and stir continuously for 5 minutes or until consistency is to your liking. Add milk, butter, and honey. Add mashed ripe banana. Mix together, eat.
About 180cm. I haven't weighed myself this week yet (tomorrow), but I've done 10lbs in just over a month. Took picture before I started, but deleted it off my HDD. I posted it in this thread but it was so long ago I can't find it. I have a picture from week 3 though.   I'm not sure how long I'm going to do SS for. I think eventually I want to try oly lifting.
2600 sounds low but I started at 56.2 kg. In the book he recommends 3500-6000 calories, but that was for a bodyweight significantly higher than me. I'm up at 3000 now anyway so I'll see how that goes this week.
I've been sleeping 9 hours a night. Generally feeling OK, haven't been sick or anything, just sore from training. I was eating 2600kcal for my first 4-5 weeks doing SS, which seemed sufficient for me at 56.2kg. After failing to complete my work set last Wednesday, I increased my calorie intake (starting Thursday) to 3000. I've been gaining on average 1 pound a week which seems OK. Like stinger mentioned, it's probably not enough now. I train three times a week (Monday,...
Couldn't complete my squat workout again yesterday. Work set was 50x5x2 (like Wednesday). On Monday I was able to do 50x5x3 but I fear I overtrained, wasn't quiet getting enough calories, and did too much gardening over the weekend. At this point I'm not sure whether to attempt 50x5x3 again next week, or to go back down to 47.5. Soreness in legs is pretty extreme.
        Being a newbie I was hesitant to post this, but I thought it might help:  I decided from the beginning to shoot for 30/40/30 while doing SS. I worked out my diet beforehand and I eat the same thing everyday of the week, though I rotate through a few different dinner meals. I tried logging at the end of the day but that didn't work at all. I found I had to plan my shit beforehand and just stick to the same foods. I logged my typical day and left it at that until I...