or Connect

Posts by maplefuturist

Hit 3900 calories today. Going to be as phat as Rip soon. 44% fat, 38% carbs, 18% protein (164.8g).
Went to another gym today run by the local council. They had a small weight room with brand new gear. It looked like nobody uses it. Everything was Hammer Strength. They had a power rack, but unfortunately no platform. They only had Hammer Strength plates which I think were bumper plates, but they were sized like regular plates. 20kg placed the bar at the correct height off the floor for the deadlift, but the others were too small.   The power rack seemed OK...
Lots of useful replies to my last post. Thank you. Quick question: I’ve found most gyms push some sort of fitness assessment at sign up. I’m guessing I should just avoid these and get on with SS?
I think it’s more because I’m such a skinny, de-conditioned bitch that he’d want me to do all this stuff so I’m getting results and thus don’t make the gym look bad. Like I said, it’s a very hardcore gym. From memory, Frontline incorporated general fitness stuff and was done out front. I think he mentioned something about prowler sprints? I could be wrong. They have plenty of pictures on Facebook. I don’t know the names of most exercises other than the basic...
Checked out the Pit today. Don’t even know where to begin.   First off: a very, very hardcore gym. The majority worked in teams. The gym owner forgot about me and was an hour late. Most people I spoke to disliked SS and Rip in general. One dude (the biggest and strongest in the gym) said the squat technique in SS is dangerous. I think he holds a few state or national records (can’t remember). There was only one dude training alone doing clean and snatches, and he...
Double post.
Start training at the Muscle Pit on Wednesday.  It seems the dude that runs the place also acts as a personal trainer. He seemed a bit hesitant that I was doing SS. I think they all do ‘Westside’. Started eating more too. Up to 3500 calories today and I haven’t had my after-dinner snack yet. Also, how the hell do I work out how many calories is in my homemade Bolognese sauce? Does 300 calories per serving sound to low for a meat sauce with mince and chunks...
Brown is safe and versatile. I would get something that is a different shade to the trousers though.
Thanks for the reply. Skinny fat is accurate. In the past I have been able to go from 56 kg to 64 kg just be eating more. Though as you can imagine, it’s just a bit of fat and no physical activity = none of the other benefits of exercise. Milk is no problem for me, I drink smoothies daily. It’s just a matter of not being a pussy and being able to force them after meals.   Please explain.   Sure, aesthetics is part of the reason, but not the only reason. I also want to...
  After reading the Programming chapter of SS I’ve been a bit put off. He recommends up to 6000, though I think that might be excessive for my goals. I’ve dropped down to 125 pounds (my height is 5' 11"). I do no physical activity whatsoever at the moment, and I generally feel like shit and have no focus in my life. My clothing fits like shit. My goal weight is 70kg (154 pounds). I don’t know, maybe if I reach that I’ll realize I’d look and feel physically better with...