or Connect

Posts by GuP

Ahh you guys are right about EMP. I quickly glanced through the menu and thought the price was 145/person but it is indeed 102/person for a 4 course meal. I am guessing 102 + 102 + 50 (wine bottle) = 254 + 20% = ~300. Do you think there is a bottle around 50 or is everything over a 100? Gramercy Tavern has a dinner tasting menu for 110. I am guessing the total will be about the same as EMP. Another restaurant I considered was Bouley. The tasting menu is...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Eleven Madison Park. Three star chef that's not (yet) priced as three star. That is a nice restaurant but it is in the same price range as Daniel.
Gentleman, my lady's birthday is coming up soon and I want to take her to a nice restaurant in NYC. I initially had Daniel in mind but after calculations the dinner + wine + gratuity would cost around $400. That is a bit steep for me and I want to stay around $300 for the grand total. Can you guys suggest a place? I was looking at places like Babbo, Cafe Bouloud, etc. I am not too familiar with these places. The other restaurants that come highly recommended from...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bill Smith I would go with the suit but wear a colourful Etro shirt and ditch the tie. I don't have an Etro shirt...
So navy suit with a bright pink shirt and AE PAs? Is the pink shirt okay? What kinda tie will be ideal?
Gentleman, thanks for the suggestions. I, too, was wondeirng if you keep your jacket on all the time. And now I know! The suggestions about the sportcoats - the thing is that I don't really have any sportcoats. I just have this one navy suit. I guess I can always go out and buy a sportcoat but I rather not. HomerJ - I just looked in the closet and found a pink shirt that I have never worn before. It's a tyrwhitt shirt with cufflinks. I bought it on impulse and have...
I am going to be taking my girlfriend to Daniel's, a fancy NYC restaurant, for her birthday. I was wondering if you guys could recommend what to wear. The restaurant states explicitly that a jacket is required. I was just thinking of wearing my navy suit, with a skinny navy tie and some black AE PAs. Is that an acceptable choice of clothes? Or would it be too much of a business-meeting look? I don't really have another suit that I could wear. The navy is the only...
Should I size up or down for a Thayer? I wear 11D in AE Park Ave and Burton. Also, what can I wear this calf monkstrap with? Jeans and a t-shirt? Dressy clothes? Usually, the calf comes off as too dressy but I was wondering if I can pull it off with jeans/shirt to go out in....thoughts? The suede seems to be out of my size.
Why do all the good deals on shoe come in tiny sizes? Serioulsy, how tall do you have to be to wear a size 8? Are there no 11/11.5 shoe deals left?!?!
what is the upper thigh measurement on these? thanks.