or Connect

Posts by GuP

Thanks. I was being sincere. I will try that. Good to hear about the shipping.
Grenson - your instructions are very clear. I am very impressed with your computer skills. If only I had the computer skills, I could do the same with my shirt pics above dam Edit - just saw your comment about sloping shoulders - doesn't a sloping shoulder cause mismatching of the sleeve length i.e. the sloping sleeve is longer than the non-sloping sleeve and, if so, do you ask for different sleeve lengths on long sleeve shirts?
Do you guys specify the exact tweaks in measurements to Luxire? For example, if I send in the above shirt, I would want to increase the forearm width, decrease the armhole size and/or get a NOBD collar. Would I have to specify how many inches/cm for each? I suppose I can guess the forearm width asking for an inch wider, but the others would be more difficult to objectify.
Agreed. However, I'm not sure if I can nail in two fits as the reference I am starting with appears to need significant adjustments. Furthermore, I'm not sure which way to adjust what exactly to nail the fit.
That is also an option. I think the gist of the recommendation was that I go somewhere "in person", whether that be MTM or bespoke, and have a shirt made to use as a reference. I do see your point and may just opt for that as it is the easiest. Thinking of sending in the shirt worn above and asking for the recommended tweaks...
Ah I see. That is likely the culprit because the sleeve length was measured and then re-measured plenty of times. Only issue I see is that with PC, there is no option to specify forearm width. They only have "slim" and "traditional" - this is already their traditional/looser fit. However, they do have an option for "sleeve/bicep width" and "watch allowance" - I am not certain if these will alleviate the issues the pictures show.They also do not have an option for...
Actually had this one made at Proper Cloth, which is kind of local - about an hour or so away.Trying to see if I can nail the fit before having replicas made. Have to find another MTM/bespoke spot in/around NYC.
Which sleeve is longer or are they both equally long, i.e. left vs right? I ask because my right arm sits lower and necessitates a longer sleeve by 0.5 inches. I can ask luxire to reduce left sleeve by 0.5 inches. In the above pics, both sleeves are same length and the left may look bunched or more bunched.Arm holes - hmm I didn't even think of those...
I had the shoulders/yoke smaller before by an inch. This led to the rippling all across the chest area - fix was to increase the yoke/width and this is what it is now.Yes, standing naturally - built like a brick lol j/k
Is this a good fitting shirt to send to Luxire for copying? Any tweaks recommended? I have a dropped right shoulder by about 0.5 inches, necessitating the right sleeve length increase accordingly.