or Connect

Posts by GuP

I gota pair of old burgundy cole haans that will do. socks to match? I rather wear a tie and then go to an open shirt afterwards. Any shirt + tie combos that you recommend? Or is white the best? A pocket square - Is that a bit much + I don't have one....
I am going to graduation and was wondering how to make a navy suit look more spicy. I only have this suit at the moment and have usually worn it for interviews with white or blue shirts with a red tie. I don't want to wear the interview outfit to graduation and was wondering if you gentleman can suggest some shirt, tie and socks combos that are a little more fancy. I have black shoes (AE PAs) that I will be wearing with the outfit. It would be ideal if I could pick...
aNY more updates?
whats the rise on the skulls? can the hem be let out to make them longer? have they ever been worn? thanks.
If the above guy does't take them, I will take them. I am in the CON USA. Let me know. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC If you don't know wine why drink it? Why not just have cocktails? Always thought wine was supposed to accentuate or even enhance the dining experience when paired correctly....but this may just be a buncha bullshit as I haven't had this experience yet.
Thanks for the tips about the starting brands!! Now just need to find a shop to smoke in...
After reading this thread, I went out and tried a gimlet along with a Manhattan. Maybe she didn't make it right or maybe that's just the way it is, but the Manhattan was DAMN strong - almost like whiskey on the rocks! I was thouroughly impressed by the gimlet. It was smooth and had the just the right touch of lemon. After one Manhattan and 3 gimlets, I was feeling very nice. Next time, I'll be sure to try and Old Fashioned and a Mint Julep.
Quote: Originally Posted by whoopee That tasting menu will not go that well with just a red or just a white. Maybe a rose champagne, if you must. Easiest is to ask them to pair a couple glasses with the menu; the sommelier will surely have some in mind. That would be my recommendation. A safe choice would be to get a glass of champagne and a red burgundy/Pinot Noir. Or an Alsatian Riesling or Pinot Blanc, more useful than an off-dry German...
Where's a good smokeshop in NYC? I want to hit it up with my girl and check it out. I have only smoked cigars a couple of times before but have always wanted to indulge myself into the cigar world. Any tips on where to go and what to smoke?