or Connect

Posts by Liam O

Actually, it's just that most people think my area of study is really cool because of the way some of the subject matter has been adapted in pop culture. Then they ask questions or tell me things they think are facts.Then they ask what I do, and I try to make it as simple as possible, but because I've spent so long in my little ivory tower I'm incapable of explaining anything in laymans terms and their eyes invariably gloss over and they stop talking to me as quick as they...
I read that four times before I figured out what you meant. God I'm too old to be 27. In my defense, since I've been in Denmark I rarely talk to people under the age of 30 unless I'm giving a lecture to undergrads. The only people I know my age are in my field and might as well be 50.
Why can't everyone just speak/write in english? OR Why can't I learn languages faster? Fucking Academia. You need to be an idiot savant to write a paper in my field. Unfortunately I only got the first part, no savant.
I was just randomly looking through some texts and found textual corrrespondences relevant to my thesis topic that seem to have been largely missed by the academy. This means I can make a substantially better argument, but its going to be a fuck load more work.
I was just randomly looking through some texts and found textual corrrespondences relevant to my thesis topic that seem to have been largely missed by the academy. See pissed off thread for more details.
A) congrats on presumably new GFB) congrats on having a GF who is adorably foreign.
Carlsberg Master Brew. Tastes like shit and people think you're homeless (especially with my current beard situation and the way I dress) but one can completely negates a stressful day.
Lol that was the joke, i just assumed you'd seen the video. The milkman is my favorite. "tusend takk" looool. There's a few germans in my department, one speaks understandable danish but pronounces it far too clearly (literally pronounces godt goDT) she's studied for about a year in germany and been here as long as I have. the other one has been here for probably four or five years and speaks perfect fluent danish but it sounds a bit like german and he over enunciates as...
Jo okej, må være at jeg er bare dreng, så. Hvis han er tysk dette er mærkeligt, Danske sproget er ikke vanskelige for tyske folk at laere... Jeg kan forstå han (ikke vel), men han lyder som en norske fjols som kom fra nord af landet. Han endnu snakker beder en mig. Eller jeg. Jeg ved ikke hvilket. So du mener "Chips" og ikke "chips".. hvad betyder "kamelåså" på engelsk? ;)
overslept.