or Connect

Posts by Velazkez

I've had very good luck with proper cloth shirt fits. My worst shirt from their fits better than any shirt I've ever bought. And the first shirt qualifies for a free replacement. But, they have very little decent Oxford cloth at the moment if that is what you desire. I need more shirts, but they have no cloth I want at this moment.
Is it a mistake to buy a used bespoke tweed jacket on ebay?  The best alternative for me seems to be J. Crew, but I'm having a hard time getting over the narrow lapels since I'm relatively tall.  If the measurements are good, is this likely to work, or is there something I'm missing?  
I'm thinking about wearing a tweed jacket this fall, and so I was looking at these from J....
How does the brown alpine grain color on the AWW compate to the brown on the Indy boot (405)?  I assume they are the same color, but when I see the AWW in pics, it looks much more yellow/tan than the red/brown of the 405 Indy.  
Any ideas where to find LWB's in #8 or a dark brown of any type in size 12B?  I think I found black in that size, but I can't find non-black.  
What would you pair this bowtie with?   http://www.pantaclothing.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=bowtie15   I don't wear many white shirts.  And I'm not sure a blue/white college striped OCBD would work.  Not sure if I should pull the trigger on it, though the textures are interesting . ..
Hi just got Alden Indy boots.  Traditional problem: the tongue slides to the outside of my foot, exposing my socks.  Can I do the stitchwork to tack the tongue to the boot myself?  Do I need a special type of thread?  Will I need a spciat needle to make it thru the leather?  How long should the stitch be?  
Posted this in the quick questions thread.  No answers.  Maybe here?     I picked up 3sixteen sl-100x for my first pair of nice jeans.  I'm pretty happy with them, but if I'm honest the rear rise/seat of the pants is a little too full and baggy(I can move the rear of the waist up an inch above where I wear it).  I'm wearing a  size 34 (knee 9.1, opening 8.2, rise 11.7), and I don't think I can really afford to go any slimmer at the thigh, knee or opening --...
  I picked up 3sixteen sl-100x for my first pair of nice jeans.  I'm pretty happy with them, but if I'm honest the rear rise/seat of the pants is a little too full and baggy(I can move the rear of the waist up an inch above where I wear it).  I'm wearing a  size 34 (knee 9.1, opening 8.2, rise 11.7), and I don't think I can really afford to go any slimmer at the thigh, knee or opening -- I'm just too tall (I also chose these jeans because of the 37inseam).     So,...