or Connect

Posts by apack

That's good to know, and I will stop by those places next time I'm in San Francisco. However most people probably don't have access to those socks locally. Quote: Originally Posted by apack eBay seller snowboarder3311 has a nice selection of Marcoliani socks available for $20 ea. Normal price for these is >$30. I restricted myself to just two pairs of Merino argyles. I think these are something like $22 for mid calf wool and $24 for over the calf wool in stores, no?...
eBay seller snowboarder3311 has a nice selection of Marcoliani socks available for $20 ea. Normal price for these is >$30. I restricted myself to just two pairs of Merino argyles.
I have suits by Canali and Pal Zileri, and sportcoats by these and Samuelsohn and Zegna (mainline) and other makers at a similar level. Out of all of these, I like Pal Zileri and Samuelsohn best and Canali least.  All RTW and then tailored locally.  But a lot of this comes down to personal preferences.
That went fast.
  I think it's at the right level where it is.  I own Zegna, Pal Zileri, Corneliani, Canali, Faconnable Tailleur, and Samuelsohn, and have handled most of the rest in the "good" category, and I'd say that all of these are generally comparable in terms of quality of fabric and construction.  Keep in mind that there will be large variations in fabric and cut for each maker, and also most of them will have different specifications for their own lines and for contract work....
Well now this is the most simultaneously arrogant and ignorant statement I've read in a while.  My friends in Chile consider themselves American quite truly and correctly just as much as we do in the USA.  There are two American continents and the USA does not fully occupy either of them.
new Weston black derbys in size 8D US, $125 BIN: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-new-J-M-Weston-black-leather-shoes-/330833092948   new Lidforts also in size 8 US, $100 BIN in an "interesting" color http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-100-authentic-Lidfort-men-shoes-size-8-Italy-/120984586491
Kappelan, I find this to be an extremely nice tie.  What's the make?  
I have a couple of knit ties but basically have stopped wearing them.  Why would I wear those when I can wear more interesting things like the following:   Drake's wool-cashmere blend     Luciano Barbera wool-silk blend (actual colors play a lot darker than this)       Atkinsons poplin wool-silk blend       At other times of year:   Brooks Brothers linen     Cocktail collection lightweight silk       There are a...
  The links are helpful, thanks -- interesting reading.  But I'm looking for shoes, not boots.  If there is a major snowstorm then I will get out serious gear (Asolo goretex trail shoes or boots).  My work environment is eclectic so casual shoes are normally fine, and in the Chicago area everyone makes allowances for bad winter weather anyway.  Here I'm looking for something more intermediate in terms of weather threat.  What are the options at the level of brands like...