or Connect

Posts by apack

These are very, very high on my wish list.  If I had normal-size feet then I would have bought a pair in the end-of-year sales.  As it stands, it seems that I am probably limited to Alden, Carmina, and Allen Edmonds to get these boots in a narrow size.  Here I must say that shelling out (ha ha!) a lot of money for boots that might not fit is unappealing, so I might go with ones that I can try on in a brick-and-mortar store.
For an academic setting, I would still avoid plain black captoes, as they will probably get very little wear.  So, unless you *need* formal shoes for a wedding or other similar event, I would buy something more interesting in black.  There is a good overview of standard options at: http://www.blacklapel.com/thecompass/how-to-build-your-dress-shoe-wardrobe/ My personal preference would be black wholecuts and medium brown semi-brogues or monkstraps, but there's plenty of...
Black wholecuts. Formal enough to wear to academic ceremonies, weddings, and funerals, but more interesting than a pair of basic business captoes. Brown is more versatile, but if you want something appropriate for formal events then you probably need black. Complement the blacks with a pair of medium brown wholecuts or monkstraps or brogues or loafers or some other versatile style would have you set for most occasions.
Hi, can you guys please help me ID the model of these Church's shoes:    Here's my understanding of these:  Pre-Prada Church's, size 9.5D, last 73, in brown calf.  I just cannot read the model name (bottom-left word in the interior description) as the script is illegible.  Can anyone ID this model and give me an approximate date on the shoes?
Yes, Sassetti is a maker:http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2010/08/silvano-sassetti.html
For comfort, the most important thing is a good-quality leather footbed with perforations for ventilation. Beyond that, it is a matter of the type of support you need. In particular, you should figure out how high your arches are, and where you need both space and support in your shoes. If you do need some degree of arch support, 3/4 leather insoles from Pedag or Tacco are a good place to start. Full insoles from those makers or from Ecco are good too, if you have...
Big shout-out to englade321 for hooking me up with these sweet shells. They cleaned up really well. Here they are in the wild (x-post rock your socks thread)
Here are a couple from last week AS, Pantherella argyles, Incotex To Boot (surprisingly good ones), Pantherella argyles, Bills Please excuse crappy cellphone pics.
Thanks Cleav! They are a really interesting vintage shell.
Vintage Keith Highlander shell PTBs courtesy of englade321, Pantherella tweed socks, and Bills Khakis