or Connect

Posts by twelvedozn

Barneys Warehouse now has a number of Serapian bags at deep discounts.     Here's an example --   http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/serapian-two-compartment-briefcase-00505035282198.html   They're absolutely not what I'd purchase at full prize -- or what I'd purchase if I weren't subject to a budget -- but they look pretty nice for under $500.   Does anyone have any experience with the brand?  I'm hoping to go into a store to look at the leather on some other models,...
Yup, the Margiela eboutique was actually 40% off until about a week ago (at least in the U.S.).  Also, C&J and Church's pretty much always make to at least 40% off in the Madison Ave. Barneys (on the ground floor) -- the only issue will be sizing.  Not sure they're there yet, but lots of shoes are currently 40% off.  If you're somehow get to NYC (I realize this is a stretch), you might also want to check out Tom Austin's -- they don't have much left, but had some Alden's...
Is there a sale going on at the corner?  I remember old postings but can't seem to get anything up now.
Hahah - agreed.  $75 was 70% off of the original warehouse sale price, so prob. 80-85% off, making the discount 50-60% off.   I think the bigger issue is the lack of selection for small guys like me . . . . 
I went at lunch for the Sacai . . . but, sadly, there was none.   That said, here's a quick report on what I did find --   1) No Sacai for men. 2) (A very limited amount of) Folk and White Mountaineering in the back - ask- it's not on the floor!  Prices are so-so. 3) Some nice Tim pieces, but almost nothing in small sizes.  Prices were mostly high. 4) Modest selection of CPs (mostly lows) for $175-250; didn't see any training boots. 5) Tons of Cheap...
you should listen to artishard -- the one i tried on (but didn't purchase) wasn't from p&b.
interesting - and odd.     on an unrelated note, how did you find the blazer?  i can't get anything to come up if i search p&b for plokhov (and plokhov doens't appear listed in the designers list).
i tried on the plokhov blazer ELSEWHERE back in feb; it fit ELSEWHERE slim.  i'm a tts 36 (maybe even a little smaller) and the 46 was too small for me.  it's also v. short (but you can tell that from the fit pics).
hate to rain on the jil parade, but you guys should try to get a proxy for the next jil overstock sale.  although the most recent one was pretty lousy, there were lots of knits as nice as that one (and new!) for ~$100 at each of the last few sales.   separately, someone might want to kop these from reborn -- they've been around forever: http://www.reborn.ws/shop/AlexandrePlokhov/plfw11001/ -- but always looked pretty nice (if you can pull them off, at least)...