or Connect

Posts by emiristol

BCK has a rather shorter nap than KUD; also, KUD is really soft all around, which means it stretches a lot more. personally i prefer BCK since in my experience it's more hard-wearing, although if you don't intend to beat them up then KUD is definitely not a bad choice
 i really don't know why people think suede gets destroyed by rain---on the contrary, it's the best material (bar synthetics) for it! i've completely soaked my SCs suedes in water and after a couple days a quick brush is all it takes to get them back to looking new. even better if a good waterproofing spray is applied, and any loss of color can be reversed by saphir's suede spray
just my two cents on the suede business: my shoe rotation is (compared to most on this site) small and almost entirely suede. i usually end up wearing either my pair of suede lobb lopezes or my SC suede chukkas (the same ones i recently posted pics of) on a day to day basis; i've had both for a couple years and so they've each easily gotten 100+ outings.   since i also live seattle and regularly walk 5+ miles each day in often inclement weather, the difference in suedes...
 the higher price might have something to do with the fact that i went through the armoury. as for the insole, now that you mention it, i'm not sure whether it was actually replaced; the sock liner definitely was though. actually, i'm not sure whether it's even possible to replace the insole if only the half-resole was done since both the insole and welt extend back to the heel (i think). 
 $300 for resoling, with an additional $35 for the toe tips; done through the armoury in ny. they can either do a half-resole (as seen in my photo) or a full resole, which replaces the pegged waist as well. since the waist doesn't get much (or any) wear at all they recommend just doing the half-resole.  at least in my case, the shoes were fully re-welted and the insole, etc. were all replaced; also the suede was `refreshed' and looked a lot better than when i sent them in....
 gorgeous stuff! where is the channel cut? is it from the side of the sole? 
 my exact reaction a few weeks ago. just got them back though---this is the first time i've had a pair of SCs recrafted, and i have to say that i'm impressed. when i sent them in they were in incredibly bad shape due to my constant abuse, and actually had water damage all the way to the insole. all fixed upon return --- i know SC is good, but even this is surprising 
 personally i would go for the 633 for non-suede makeups, but 575 for suede makeups
as always, excuse the messy room and poor lighting   
a poorly lit photo of SC  wingtips on a rainy day: