or Connect

Posts by Len

I have worn and enjoyed Hilditch shirts for around 30 years and do not recall a problem. Roger Talbot, their US rep, was a personal friend, too. It was so simple, and always a pleasure, to visit Roger when he was in NYC and order a few. That said, since he's retired it has become even easier for me to order. We became their US representatives, so now I don't even need to leave the store!! How easy is that?? Leonard
Since my Carnaby Street days I have cut the selvedge off every scrap of fabric I give my tailors that they use to make a garment. It was laziness that saw the selvedge left on any garment and, to my eyes, it was an ugly statement. It saved the tailor from turning an edge in before sewing. And just about every Savile Row house had garment makers that worked for them that used this method. So, to see this in a pocket of a bespoke garment tells me nothing of where it was...
George Glasgow made mine at Cleverley. I've had them for around 15 years. No special need required. You just have to enjoy them as the patina increases. Logsdail
I made all the clothes for Denzel Washington in American Gangster, but I wasn't in it. I did have a small part in Wall Street 2. In that movie, I clothed Michael Douglas, Shia Lebeouf, Frank Langella, Josh Brolin. No Scabal fabrics in Wolf. At least, not on Dicaprio. He wore Kemp & Hewitt, Holland & Sherry, Gladson, GRM and Lesser. I did clothes a few others for this movie and, if you have anything specific you would like me to look up, I happily will. Logsdail
I could find anyone else who agreed with you regarding my acting ability!!! The first movie I was in, I had lines. The second, I had lines, but they were cut. And the third movie I was not given lines at all. So I'm not sure where I go from here - except back to my cutting board! And I'm happier there. Logsdail
Regretfully, I cannot help you much.I looked at my order book and see that the blue stripe suit and the gray flecked suit I made for Tucci came from fabric that Ann Roth, the costumer designer, brought in herself. She did some scouting around old stock in order to find fabric from the period. The only cloth numbers I found appertained to a linen jacket from Dugdale, number 8603, and a pair of gray taupe gaberdine trousers from Holland & Sherry, number 290004.I wish I...
I'm on my way back from a week-long trip to Dallas where I set up a booth for my hunting clothes. Later in the week, once I have had time to get back on my feet at work, I will look at the order for that movie and give you whatever information I canLogsdail
You're smack on target. He is wearing a double breasted doeskin cashmere from holland & sherry with smoke gray mother of pearl buttons.The character Sam plays is a copy if a real life black news caster with a flamboyant dress style. Hence the color of this jacket is a deep purple and, if I remember correctly, he wore it with a pair of silver gray flannel Escorial trousers with fabric from Kemp & Hewitt. All the clothes I made for Sam had purple in them. I even...
Style never goes out of fashion, but fashion goes out of style. I've often said this, but found I had to use this with my son the day we prepared for the scene in Wolf of Wall Street. When we arrived, because so many people knew me, we were ushered past all the long lines. One of these lines held about 40 men all waiting to have their hair cut in the style of the movie scene, which was 1988, I believe. We were sent to the front of the line to the head hairdresser. My...
She was, quite pretty. And a knitter. I swear she knitted almost a complete sweater that day. There are many stories appertaining to the movie world that I could tell. Not necessarily about the clothes - but certainly because of them. At some time, I will tell a few of them Logsdail