or Connect

Posts by Dino944

I like the design of the Ingenier, but its movement is a bit uninspiring.  When they re-introduced Ingeniers several years ago I believe the time only model used their own in house movements, however its currently using either an ETA or Sellita as a base movement.  While they are good strong work horse movements, I'm just not excited about them in a watch at that price point.  If I had my heart set on a Ingenieur, I might search for pre-owned model from several years ago...
As RFX said, they aren't as difficult to obtain as they once were.  None of the ADs near me will give discounts on any steel Rolex, but hearing that a few places are discounting them is a good sign (at least for buyers).  I really like the BLNR and it could eventually end up being the first Rolex purchase I've made in nearly 10 years. 
RDs collection has always been kind of hit or miss for me.  I really love non round dress watches, (none of my dress watches are round), but I'm kind of lukewarm on this one's dial (it might be more appealing if they nixed the minute track and small seconds).  Also the size is a bit too much, as square and rectangular watches tend to wear larger than round ones.  My favorite RDs are the Monegasque line.  If my list of "Must haves" were complete...I would give some serious...
Clearly RFX and I see things differently and neither of us will be able to convince the other of our respective positions.  I believe we are both fine with that.  If our Hublot discussion carried on for too long, I apologize for my part in it.  If you find my posts bothersome or otherwise disagreeable, please feel free to ignore them.  
I'm glad to hear that you are not angry.  I'm not either.  Watch discussions don't personally upset me, I usually find the disagreements/discussions entertaining.   As you know I did credit Hublot for being the first to use rubber straps on their watches.  However, other companies started using rubber straps on their watches before AP did.  The original PP Aquanaut used a rubber strap, and now everyone from Patek, VC, AP, BP, Breguet, Cartier, Omega, GP, Breitling etc,...
I don't hate Hublot, and I never used that word so please do not misquote me.  You are the one who said you can't understand that flack Hublot gets or why there is so much disdain for the brand.  I think at least with many AP fans the answer is rather obvious, largely they are garish caricatures that borrow far too much from the AP RO/ROO designs.  I'm not really sure why that is so difficult for you to understand.   The movements in Hublots don't bother me as they started...
That's pretty cool.  Those have actually been around for quite some time.  I did a project in school back in the 1980s regarding braile and I remember reading about these watches, but I've never seen one in person.   Sorry my friend, but I'm just not getting what you are not understanding?  Just as you are free to like Hublots, other are free to dislike Hublot for what it pretends to be.  You are also comparing Hublots and APs as though they are equally creative and...
IMHO, Hublot is a merely a garish copy of an AP RO or RO Offshore.  If I were to credit them with anything that was a break though in the industry it would merely be that they were using rubber straps on their watches back in the 1980s.  Beyond that, I see them as fairly insignificant watches.  I personally don't fault them with sponsoring athletes or celebrities, personally that is of no value to me.  I wouldn't buy a watch just because athlete A or actor B wears one.  ...
Not a fan of the HMS1.  I have to agree that with Kaplan on many issues.  I find the design very unappealing.  For a dress watch, I find the hour markers incredibly large and clumsy.  Its like they tried too hard to match them with the hands, when something more basic and simpler would have worked better and given it a more elegant appearance.  In addition, although its tough to tell from images rather than in person, but I'm not sure I like the proportions of the bezel...
Realistically, you may never have an issue come up during the warranty.  Over the years I've owned 20 or so nice watches, and only 2 ever went back to the manufacturer for warranty repairs. Its just something to consider, particularly on high ticket items where an out of pocket repair could be $1,000-2,000, which could eat up any savings a person may have gotten  by going with the gray's price over an AD's discounted price. Unless you actually encounter the issue, you...