or Connect

Posts by Dino944

Thanks!  Yes, I like diving watches also.  Its another example of a purpose designed watch that has become mainstream.  They tend to be a great choice for active people as they can be worn for almost any activity or event, other than when one may really want a true dress watch.  Blancpain, makes a very nice product, but for what they cost there is almost always something else I would rather own.  Not to mention, I do not like the Bathyscaphe, which I find very generic...
Thank you, and I'm glad you enjoyed my post.  Its always nice to share thoughts on watches with like minded people.  The 1815 is a great watch and I've met many people that really have enjoyed owning them.  However, if your heart is pulling you toward the L1, maybe you need to save up a bit longer, and see whether it is a possibility. Yes, there are other models from Lange with lugs screwed on, but I don't know if that is true of all of their watches.  Personally, I have...
I think even watches designed with substance being a primary concern need some element of design that goes beyond substance/function (although, I'm not sure I'd call it design for show).   If everything were purely for function, we would probably have a very limited choice of watches, or some very bland pieces.  For me the right watches tend to have some design for substance, perhaps some design for show, and maybe a bit of history in the mix.   Just speaking generally, if...
Not sure if the 5296 is specifically your desired watch and that is why it's being compared to the Lange 1.  However, your statements about thickness would still apply to the VC and the Patek 5054 that I referenced, both which are closer to a L1 in terms of offering similar additional functions to telling time.   Ah yes, I recall your dislike of the gold chatons.  Its all personal preference, but much of what happens with watch designs is a way of distinguishing themselves...
It isn't really fair to compare time only pieces or ultra thin watches to a Lange 1.  If one wants a thin time only watch, or if that is how one in categorizing a true dress watch well then that's fine, but then one should be comparing a time only Lange to time only PPs, APs, and VCs.  Then at least you are comparing apples to apples.  While I agree in general Lange's peers are Patek, VC, AP etc. I still don't think there is a Patek, VC, or AP that has as unique of a the...
Not surprised, most modern cars have evolved into much larger versions of their ancestors.  Ever seen the photos of a 991 next to a 1989 911 and a late sixties 912?  My least favorite thing about modern 911s (991s/997s) are the larger dimensions.     Also while looking for the above photos I found this.  Looks like a 911 and a 1970's AMC Pacer mated.
Not very interested in their products.  To me they will always be a pen maker, regardless of what company they acquired to make their movements.  Also, these days the term limited edition is over used and is often a gimmick to make people believe something is truly special and rare.  Not to mention most watch companies release several limited editions every year.  Skip these and move on to something else.  Obviously, if you aren't in love with it then nothing else matters....
Lots of people are selling 116520s to pay for a ceramic Daytona (when they get "The call") so it's definitely a good time to buy. While there are never any guarantees, at least historically when new Daytonas have been released people start selling recent ones and prices are depressed for a while. However, eventually prices recover and go up again.$8,500 might get you an early model, in need of service, so so condition & no box and papers. I'd rather have the newest one...
I've never cared for the YM.  I think the dark blue dial version looks better than the gray dial version, but I've never found any of them appealing enough to consider purchasing one.  To me there is little draw in a blingier, less useful version of a Sub.  I'll stick with the original, the Submariner. 
Back in the early 1980s, MB had basically stopped importing their smaller entry level gas engine cars, until the 190E 2.3 was brought into the US starting in late 1984.  Around 1981/1982 MB had stopped importing the smaller gasoline powered 230E, 280E, and 280CE (coupe) into the US, leaving the US with an entry level  4 cylinder 240D (not turbocharged), the 5 Cylinder 300D Turbodiesel, 300TD Turbodiesel wagon, 300CD Turbodiesel Coupe, or the 300SD Short wheelbase S class...