or Connect

Posts by Dino944

Definitely the JLC.  I find them more versatile, less cluttered looking, although some may disagree.  The quality of all are very nice, but for me the JLCs would be the front runners.  The best thing to do is try them on in person and go with which every one really makes you smile!  Congrats on the new addition!  It looks great!  I like all three of these far more than the one you were considering over the weekend.  The Blue Azzuro was interesting, but on a Rolex I prefer...
Goes is a relatively soft metal.  White gold, YG, RG, they all show scratches more easily than steel.   The bigger issue with white gold was raised below by Journeyman, the plating of white gold. Most white gold watches are plated with rhodium, another precious metal.  The reason why is depending on the alloy composition, WG is generally a sort of gray color, and not a bright white color that we expect to see.  Its often the reason why WG version of a watch costs more than...
I don't mind the tutone models.  I also don't mind the fluted beze,l which hides scratches better than a smooth bezel.   However the dial as others have said really ruins this watch.  I've never liked their gray dial on tutone watches.  One of my relatives had a tutone with gray dial with Romans, and I always thought it was unattractive and difficult to read the time at a glance. The gray color never worked well with yellow gold of the tutone, it seemed to fight it.  In...
  They heard you singing their praises and decided to "Reward" you!  Although, it probably feels more like they are rewarding themselves!  
Hey, congrats my friend !  I guess until your more recent post it (or perhaps I missed a post), I didn't know that you bought the new Rolex Oyster.  You definitely make a great case (no pun intended) for the basic Oyster.  I wasn't initially sure about the dial from stock photos, but in you post its a really rich interesting color...and the new clasp is very cool !  Congrats again and wear it in good health my friend.   
Chubb definitely has a great reputation for insurance coverage, and for being relatively easy to deal with when you have to file a claim.  The $25K per incident without a schedule and without an appraisal is great for a lot of folks.  Still one  should remember to add a schedule and send appraisals for specific items once the aggregate of your collection exceeds the $25K per incident.  One might think well the average price of your watches might be $10K, and if you got...
Never used them, but I heard they are a good company to deal with.  As for 1.1 vs 1.6...the number I gave you was what I was quoted years ago.  It could have changed since then.  I really haven't checked to see if they or others have raised the premium.  The other thing to consider, is with some companies once the value is more than a certain amount, the premium/percentage could be higher.  Do some homework before you decide.  However, I wouldn't own really nice watches...
I'm no fan of insurance companies either, but its important to do your homework and get it through a company with a solid reputation.  I work in an industry that deals with insurance companies all the time.  I can tell you that they are NOT all the same.  There are some auto companies I would avoid like the plague.  Back to your question, "Why in the hell are you paying a premium of $X per hundred/thousand of the insured amount?" Because it goes back to the old saying, "He...
I don't use State Farm, so I have no experience with what they will or won't allow you to do.  Call and ask them if they will let you insure it for less.  As long as you understand that it will only be insured up to maximum stated value that you chose, I don't see why they would have a problem with that.  However, if they insist on an appraisal, bring it to a respected watch shop and get a more accurate appraisal.  That way you aren't paying a premium well above what the...
Wait and see how much the wedding costs, it might make your engagement ring seem quite reasonable .   Who knows, if you are lucky maybe you will be surprised with a wedding gift.  Mrs. Dino surprised me with a Rolex Explorer 2 as a wedding gift.  Wishing you luck with your wedding!     Yes,  but its generally a stated value, and you pay a premium based on the piece being insured for X amount.  Some policies offer the option of a value increase each year to keep up with...