or Connect

Posts by Dino944

Sorry, but I really dislike the dial.  I wouldn't have been a bit fan of the black Romans, but could have lived with them if it didn't have that single white stick marker at the 9 position.  It just looks out of place and ruins it IMHO.   I can understand that opinion.  For me the cyclops isn't a make it or break it feature on any of their watches.    Some watches can go up a size or so and its not an issue.  To me the DJ going from 36-41 is too drastic.  I find the DJII...
Yes, I had checked on that.  I believe it was another SFer who suggested it was 47.  That being said, generally once watches get into the 42 mm and larger range they are large enough that they will be noticed, so I stick by my statement their size makes them flashy.  Nothing wrong with a little flash if it makes the owner happy.  Some people are more averse to it than others.   
Thanks bro!   I don't see the BLNR as flashy at all.  Yes, I might have preferred brushed center links over polished, but I still think its not a flashy watch.   The trade you are suggesting wouldn't interest me at all.  I've never found Panerais all that comfortable to wear and besides like JB, I think a big honking watch like a Panerai tends to be flashy just based on size alone.  How can one expect people NOT to notice a watch that is about the size of a tuna can...
Great watch!  I recently tried on its sibling with a black dial, and liked it a lot.  It has definitely been cold and dreary in the north East.   Today I'm wearing this VC 1972 to combat the cold. 
Very nice choice!  Congrats and I look forward to seeing you post a few wrist shots once you have your new Sub.  I think you nailed it.  When one looks at a Sub on one of the old rivet bracelets, its narrower than the later bracelets, and fits in such a way that there is sort of squared off difference between the lugs and the bracelet.  They do not flow together as much as later ones.  Great example! Congrats on your new addition and in completing your own personal...
I think Frills really gave you a great response listing the various pros & cons.    Whether something is worth the additional money is something only you can decide.  I really like the SD4000, mostly for its matte black dial.  Its different from any of the Rolex watches I currently own.  That being said, I do think the price difference between the SD4000 and the SubDateC and ND Sub is a bit ridiculous, and I'm just not sure I think its worth it.  Years ago the price...
Its Pasha with an S...not a C .  As Stitchy pointed out that is the 42mm, which was the last of that series. It used a JLC base. There have been various sizes of Pashas over the years, with the smallest at 35 mm (not counting smaller ladies models), and the largest of the standard production models were 42 mm.   I agree, people often speak of finish and decoration as those they are the same..  You can have a watch with a movement that is well finished, but basic in terms...
Beautiful Pasha.  Often an under appreciated watch, but IMHO another great design from Genta.  I love my Pasha 950 chronograph.  Its very distinctive, and it was one of the higher quality pieces from their non-CPCP line.  Hope your boss gifts it to you!   Its an interesting watch and the first truly successful sports watch from VC.  Although, they did have some teething problems, with the GP movements in some and also that bracelet was prone to links locking up at times....
So many variables.  Are you just speaking of exterior finish?  JLC makes a great watch with superb workmanship and very nicely finished in house movements.  Sadly, they don't offer much that I would want to own other than a Reverso.  IWC, great case and bracelets, the current dials with the cut out in the dials showing three dates are ugly, some of their movements are a bit pedestrian, and they haven't offered anything in years that really interests me.  Rolex offers very...
Very nice!  Congrats on both the wedding and the watch!!!  A watch is a great way to commemorate a wedding.  Wishing you many years of happiness with both your bride and your watch.     The 3706 and 3713 are two IWCs I have always admired.  That's also the original style bracelet for the 3706, and I greatly prefer it to the later bracelet.