or Connect

Posts by Dino944

A little late checking out SF today.  Congrats on your new Daytona and OP.  Both are great watches...and wow, I love how the blue on the OP looks under different lighting conditions!  Simply fantastic.  Congrats again on your recent acquisitions!  Cheers! 
That Tank Basculante looks great on a dark brown strap!  Nice choice!
Of the round watches you are considering, I like the BLNR.  The blue OP is fine, but doesn't do anything for me.   Rectangular & Square watches fit and look very differently than round watches.  I find with round watches, although we may look to see that the lugs don't go beyond a certain point on our wrist,many people tend to focus more on the round section of the watch, and the lugs which are sometimes angled downward and curved, become sort of secondary.  So the round...
Love that you had to run down and check them out!   I the new ultra thin Tank XLs are thinner than mine, but slightly larger in length and width.  So if you have a small wrist it may look or feel a bit large.  My old XL is a perfect fit, for me.  I'm not sure if I would want to go with a larger size.  The model with the date and power reserve is the size of my old Tank XL...but I know the rg model with complications is now well over $20K, and personally I think its a watch...
For a steel watch dress watch, its really a tough watch to beat especially at that price.  Wishing you luck with your decision.  The dial is silver, but its does have a cream tone to it.  Unlike the previous CPCP Tank XL, this has a smooth dial, without a guilloche.The dimensions of the current Tank XL Ultra thin are 40.4mm x 34.92 x 5.1.  Rectangular & square watches always wear larger than round ones so the numbers can be deceiving and its important to try them on to see...
+1  The Louis Cartier Tank XL is the classic case that most people think of when they hear Cartier Tank.  I also think its cleaner looking without the date and seconds hand.  It cost more, but you then get the F.Piguet movement and the entire case is gold (not to mention, it is pretty cool to have a rectangular ultra-think, most ultra thins I've seen in recent years are round). 
Just so you are aware, the rose gold Tank Solo, does use steel for part of the case.  I do not believe its gold plated, but possibly the case back is steel on the Tank Solo.  You would need to check on this yourself as I've never looked at that model.  However, in the on line description when you click on the word "details" it says case in 18Kt pink gold and steel. If you do not have a pink gold or rose gold watch, I highly recommend choosing one.  I tend to wear round...
Great watch!  Congrats on your BLNR!  You owe us some wrist shots .  Hi Moo, Thank you.  CPCP stands for Collection Privee Cartier Paris.  It was Cartier's high end watch line, which drew inspiration from many of the the famous designs of the past.  Watches from this line had a rather limited production, for example my Louis Cartier Tank XL is one of 200 made in RG.  They also made 50 in platinum.  Most used top quality movements from JLC, Piaget, F.Piguet, THA, and then...
Cartier is very good watch maker, and has a strong history in the world of watches.  People that say its just a jewelry company, are generally people that aren't familiar with the company and their history.  They do make several watches with in house movements, and they have made/make some watches that have great movements from outside sources such as Piaget, F.Piguet. JLC, THA etc. The Tank is one of the most classic and elegant dress watches.  Its been around for nearly...
Initially, I wasn't a fan of the blue Milgauss, but its grown on me considerably.  I like the Milguass, but I have several time only watches so I'd probably rather have a BLNR for the few times when I travel to different timezones.  Just my 2 cents.