or Connect

Posts by Dino944

So many variables.  Are you just speaking of exterior finish?  JLC makes a great watch with superb workmanship and very nicely finished in house movements.  Sadly, they don't offer much that I would want to own other than a Reverso.  IWC, great case and bracelets, the current dials with the cut out in the dials showing three dates are ugly, some of their movements are a bit pedestrian, and they haven't offered anything in years that really interests me.  Rolex offers very...
Very nice!  Congrats on both the wedding and the watch!!!  A watch is a great way to commemorate a wedding.  Wishing you many years of happiness with both your bride and your watch.     The 3706 and 3713 are two IWCs I have always admired.  That's also the original style bracelet for the 3706, and I greatly prefer it to the later bracelet.
Interesting choice.  I'm not sure how the OP would feel about its size...in the large auto size its 37mm IIRC.  A friend of mine had one of many years and it was a versatile design, that looked good with casual clothes or a suit.  However, I do know that some of them had issues with the movement (base movement was a GP).  I'm not sure if it was all of the original Overseas large autos, or if the later ones by say 2001/2002 were OK.  Interesting suggestion.  
Those are definitely the two best choices out of the ones you are considering.  I think the Explorer 2 is a great watch, but definitely more sporty and not really as suited (no pun intended) for nicer functions.  My only issue with the Mark XV is that even though the movement is modified, its just an ETA movement.  Its a good solid movement but nothing special, and even with what IWC does with it, it doesn't thrill me.  That being said I like the case and dial a lot.  If...
That seems reasonable at least where I am for the normal versions of the 16520 Daytonas (with Zenith based movements).  Rarer versions with Patrizzi dials or early versions with dials where the word "Cosmograph" is described as "Floating," its sort of separated from the rest of the wording with a big space...fetch a premium beyond that. I used one for a daily wearer for 5 years.  Great watch, one of my favorites.  If you are really tough on watches, I'd maybe get a current...
My last grail was the RO ultra thin 15202. Funny thing is since I've owned it, I've been so satisfied with it that I haven't encountered a new grail. I've seen and tried on many great watches that I would be happy to add to my collection, but nothing that I feel I absolutely must have.
100%.  About 18 years ago I got "The call" for what in the mid 90's was my grail watch.  A steel Daytona 16520 (with Zenith based movement) at list price $4,350, back when most places in the US had long waiting lists of a few years, or you had to know someone, or be willing to pay nearly twice the list price to get one.  The only thing was it had a while dial, rather than the black dial that I truly wanted. However at that price I couldn't pass one up.  A few months later...
 I used to really like some of the IWC products in the 1990s, the Novecento Perpetual Calendar, the 3713, and a few others.  Sadly they haven't made anything of interest to me in years.  If I ever do get an IWC, it will be something from their past. Beautiful!!!  Their workmanship looks very impressive.  Great watches!  The 15450 looks like a much better fit for you, especially in the side photos you posted.  After 2 years of RO ownership, its definitely the watch that...
They used to produce a few models in 40 mm cases.  Its not a brand that I follow, so I don't know if they still do.  One of my former ADs for Rolex, VC, JLC, Piaget, Lange, BP, Breguet and Panerai...said he couldn't give the 40 mm Panerais away once "Big watches" became popular. 
Whats incoming...PAM or Tank?