or Connect

Posts by Dino944

Have you considered contacting small AD's outside of NY?  I've done lots of looking in NYC, but I've always been able to get far better deals on watches at smaller AD's in other states.  Tourneau and Wempe generally never offer a deal worth considering.  I'd only buy there if its a watch no-one is discounting or its hard to get piece selling over list price and you can get it there for list.  Cellini sometimes does better, but they weren't competitive compared to an AD I...
Few bothered as the early cars reportedly back then burned through clutches like crazy.  Also many folks don't like the "Grand Prix pattern" where 1st is a dog leg down and to the left below reverse (same in older Ferraris and Lamborghinis).  928s are pricey cars to maintain.  My dad had an 86 928S when they were still new back in the 80s.  It was a tremendous GT car that was entertaining to drive considering its size and weight.  I was a teenager at the time and getting...
There are also lots of boutiques in NYC such as AP, Breguet, Journe, VC, Rolex, Omega, etc.
Sounds like a modified version of what they used to call the Porsche World Roadshow.  Glad you enjoyed it.  When I did the Road show it was fun.  I'm glad I got to do it a few times, but if it had been a significant distance from me I wouldn't have bothered.  At least in the past you either have to get an invite, or know someone with passes.  Then you sign up, and if you make the cut (they get more people who want to go than they can accommodate), then you get notified of...
I don't think anyone can help you unless you give more information.  Are you looking for an SUV, a sports car, a 4 door sedan, something that gets great gas mileage, and what is your budget?  Your idea of reasonable in price and someone else's idea of what is reasonable in price could be drastically different.  
  Quite possibly the 1 watch I'd keep if I had to be a 1 watch kind of guy.  Love the RO 
The Cartier Rotonde Day/Night is an amazing piece from their discontinued (or as they like to say "Retired") Privee Collection.  One of my friends has this Rotonde Day/night in pink gold and its as much artwork as it is a horological masterpiece.  It's definitely an interested way to tell time.  Production on these was very limited.  They have done I believe 2 variations of the day/night watch since this original model (at least one of the newer versions incorporating a...
Even less reason to be concerned about it, ...I just looked it up on line and Porsche's website says they discontinued the Porsche World Road Show (at least in the US).  Sorry, when you initially wrote is a Porsche/Corporate event...I thought you meant it was being done by Porsche Corporate.  Thanks for clarifying. As for what to wear, I guess it depends on what your "Corporate culture is like" and will you have clients there or not?    
I really like the GO Senator line of watches (actually, the only GOs I don't like are the Panos).  The Senator has classic looks that are not trendy, and will stand the test of time. We can all agree that their movements are very high quality and their watches are generally a good value.  I haven't seen the new Senator Excellence in person, but it sounds very promising.  Of the watches you have tried on, the Senators are my favorites.   As for Nomos, you already own one,...
I wouldn't lose sleep over it.  If you have nothing to do on a Saturday/Sunday morning and you only live 30 minutes or so from the event, then its not a bad way to spend part of the morning.  You really don't get that much seat time...so when a friend told me he was invited and could bring a guest, but he is 2 hours from the facility where they are holding it (in his state), I said no thanks.  Definitely not worth traveling more than an hour to get to.