or Connect

Posts by Dino944

I don't like it on that strap, but I don't have to wear it.  So if it makes you happy, enjoy !!!
Congrats on your RO 15300.  Looks great!  Enjoy it! Its definitely worth saving for.  I love mine.  
Hi Academe,   Unless someday they do something amazing with a next generation Daytona, or I went vintage (which is now serious $$$), I think I'm set with the ones I have.  Besides I have this 16528 which has developed a rosey patina so hopefully this covers your suggestion.   As for dress watches with black dials, of the ones you posted, I like the standard production 2 hand Jules Audemars the most.  I like the officers case of the Patek a lot, but I find its dial a...
Sorry my friend, I hope my pix are not driving you too crazy .   I will try to be a better friend and not to tempt you with any photos of APs I tried on at the AP trunk show. As for swapping dials, it depends on the country where you reside.  I hear in Europe it is far easier to buy a spare dial, swap it and keep the original.  Rolex USA, has a policy that if you want swap dials, its on a "trade in basis."  Meaning, you pay $ x amount for the new dial, but they keep the...
Belligero -  Nice dial choice.  I've owned black and white dial Daytonas.  The white is easier to read at a glance, but I prefer the black dial, particularly on the current version.  On vintage Daytonas, its a closer call.     Below are some quick photos of my 16520 Daytona with cal 4030 based on the El Primero, and below that is a my current 116520.  
Hi Hayward, Thanks for clarifying your statement regarding Titanium.  I can't speak from experience in terms of handling a Ti Sinn or Ti Seiko.  However, I have handled IWCs, older Porsche Design watches(made by IWC), Omega Seamasters, and a RO all made of Ti.  Personally, aside from the lightness and strength of Ti, part of what l liked was both the texture and darker color.  IMHO, it added a different dimension to a sports watch in terms of feel (texture and less weight...
 Not sure what you mean by luxury finished titanium watches?  However, other brands such as Omega, IWC, and AP have all made watches out of Titanium, and all were well done and reasonably successful.  However, its my understanding that it takes specific tools/dies to make watches out of titanium because its rather difficult to work with.   NS....I love your watch shrine!  Its great seeing these watch artifacts/accessories from the past.   Sound interesting, but I think it...
 She didn't explicitly say that they were moving toward using in-house movements, so I don't want to put words in her mouth.  However, what she said above, and the way she said it seemed to suggest they are moving away from outsourced movements.  The Day & Date is actually a design that dates back to the 1980s, and the Dual Time was originally in some AP dress watches in the late 1980s and it was eventually released in a 36mm RO case, I believe in the early 1990s.  IIRC AP...
Hi Academe, I was at an AP Trunk show this past weekend, and I met AP's retail director,  Jasmine Bapic.  She is very lovely.   They had several novelty pieces from SIHH, in addition to their current models.  She informed me that now they were only producing the Jumbo, or Jumbo variations in 39 mm cases, and that the RO Dual Time and RO Day-Date were out of production.  However, Jasmine said they still have some available in their stock, but once the stock is gone it is...
NS, Congrats on your ROC! Looks great I hope you enjoy many wonderful years with it! I look forward to seeing more pix of it soon!Great shot of your dual time. Just found out the RO Dual Time is now out of production. It's my understanding the only 39mm ROs they are going to make are Jumbos and Jumbo variations. So enjoy your now "Vintage RO," its a great watch.