or Connect

Posts by Dino944

I can totally understand that. When you get something that is brand new with boxes/ papers etc from an AD, its easier and cuts out any potential drama or unpleasant surprises.  Wishing you luck with it.  
 If the choice were between those 2, it would be the DJ.  As others have suggested, maybe you should look at a Milgauss or a 39mm Explorer.   I am not a fan of the current IWC products, which is a shame because I like several of their older pieces.  Sadly, today most of their watches do nothing for me and I find their "Limited Editions" a really tiresome marketing exercise (so in general, I'd rather have a regular edition).  They have so many limited editions, that I find...
I agree with Goodman.  Keep the Speedy and see how things go through the DJ's honeymoon period.  Once the newness wears off the OP can decide whether to sell one, or if he finds he actually wears both, keep them both.  Two watches is far from excessive.  Its not as though most people just have one pair of shoes, or one jacket, and different activities or events could call for a different watch. 
Not necessarily.  Both are really nice watches.  I think the 116200 is a bit more versatile, but if you like and using the chronograph function, well the 116200 isn't going to do the trick.   It just depends on what you want.  
Hi Nuke,  Yes, the only new polished surface with the introduction of the present 116520 were the lugs. Obviously, we all have to decide in what direction we want to go with our collections.  What may be missing or a gap in one person's collection may be redundant or unnecessary in another.  IMHO, while they are both black dial chronographs, both are different enough (bezel, movement auto v. manual, subdial layout and colors, bracelet, water resistance, screw pushers v....
 Hahaha...thanks for the laugh!Bring it back to Cartier, they will make it right.  Several years ago a friend of mine got a 38mm automatic Cartier Pasha GMT/2nd time zone watch as a graduation gift.  I can't remember exactly what his issue was with it.  He brought it in they serviced it under warranty.  He continued to have a problem with it, and it was either on the 2nd or 3rd time he brought it back under warranty, that it was sent to the Flagship store in NYC, and they...
Even if seeing a quarts kills you a little, do yourself a favor and buy her what she wants.  First she will have a much greater selection of watches if you go quartz for her, second ladies watches really aren't as collectible as men's watches so on some level its not as relevant quartz vs. mechanical, and third but most importantly - its what she wants.   There are lots of great options be it from Cartier, Chopard, or countless other brands.   Funny thing is my wife has...
A steel Daytona hasn't been available new with a black bezel in more than 25 years.  I find on the vintage manual wind Daytonas the ones with black bezels are a bit sportier looking. I'm not Belli, but as someone who has owned several Daytonas I never thought the steel bezel made them blingy.  In fact a steel bezel was on option when Daytonas were released over 50 years ago.  So its not something new, its sort of a traditional look for Daytonas. IMHO, the polished lugs...
Great write up and a beautiful group photo!   
Yes, even on all steel watches I would avoid refinishing them or if you must get them refinished don't do it with every service that a watch undergoes. There is some metal loss when polishing watches because often what you are doing is leveling the surface above the scratches, to the level of the scratches or small dings. You probably don't have to work as hard to polish out very light scratches, but hair lines will be back in no time, so its sort of a waste.   To be...