or Connect

Posts by Dino944

You look well equipped to handle the cold.  Its going to be a warm weekend around here, and I might spend some time on a friend's boat, so I'll probably give this one some wrist time.... 
To be honest, I've found that people use which ever book best suits their position.  If buying they use the one with the lowest numbers, if selling they use the one with the highest.  Do some research and go on dedicated car forums to get a sense of what the cars are actually selling for.  Wishing you luck!
Definitely stay away from the Saab.  In addition to no manufacturer support, they're really difficult to unload if you don't like it or it has issues.  About 10 years ago our local MB dealer refused to take them in trade.  It also took one of my neighbors quite a while to unload a newer Saab than the one you mentioned, when they were buying a new car.  
Funny to see your list of cars are basically the cars that were the somewhat reasonably priced performance/fun cars when i was a teenager.  Some of the kids in my high school had cars such as the 300ZX on your list, the 1st gen MR2, 2nd generation RX7, an 87 Toyota Supra or occasionally were using their parents 3 series BMWs. I have a soft spot for cars of the 80's and 90's, so I always think its great when people keep them going and enjoy them.  A few of my friends and I...
+1 I can wear up to a 42 mm watch depending on the case and lugs, but I always feel most comfortable in the 36-40 mm range.   The 1912 is a great watch.  A friend has one and the articulated/hinged lugs help it wear comfortably and are a very interesting detail. 
+1 Reminds me of when I see someone post on some forums, "I wear my giant XYZ watch and it gets more compliments than any of the finer brands I have owned in the past."  First, if the guy bought a watch for compliments, he bought the wrong watch...he probably should have spent the money on some form of therapy, and  second, the people complimenting the watch are probably being polite since they can't help but notice a watch that's far too large for the wearer. Dedicated...
I don't think it would really affects discounts or used prices.  I've heard the early really small ladies Datejusts are tougher to resell and these days have a lower value as many women want a midsize or larger watch rather than a traditional ladies size.  Even if men were to move away from 36 mm watches, with lots of women moving up to 34 and 36 mm pieces, I don't see calling an OP a ladies watch having much effect sales, discounts, or value on 36 mm watches.  A friend of...
993s are nice cars and are well built.  However, you are talking about a 20+ year old car, and not everything that wears out or needs replacing is just based on mileage, some of it can be age related too.  When was the last time the fuel lines and brake lines were replaced?  When were the tires last replaced (IIRC, tires on the rears have a rather short life depending on driving style). Also AC/Heating units can be expensive to repair/replace if they die.  Are you going to...
Great to hear he's a good teacher.  It could save me a lot of stress, headaches and a clutch!  +1  Trying to teach a spouse to drive a manual could practically be grounds for divorce    All kidding aside, I started teaching my wife before we traded in our last Porsche.   She started to get the hang of it, but its probably much easier and less stressful when spouses are not the teachers and its not on your own car!  I might as well let a pro finish the job.
Great find!  I might bring my wife up there to improve her manual shift driving skills.  She has learned the basics, but some additional help would be worth it!