or Connect

Posts by Dino944

Congrats!  I'm not a Panerai guy, but I really like that model's use of a brown dial.  I tried one on a while ago, and my wife liked it on me a lot, but It was chunkier than what I'm comfortable wearing.  Anyway, enjoy it, it looks great!  Very nice! I like it a lot more than your previous ROO and I think it sits a bit better on your wrist.  Congrats and enjoy!!! Looking forward to seeing more pix when it arrives.  My friend has the Santos Galbee XL and he loves it.  He...
Its high quality, its a Patek, and it does absolutely nothing for me.  It's just not a watch I've ever been able to warm up to. I think Frills nailed it with value of what it costs vs. some actual perpetuals out there.  However, its got to put a smile on your face or it isn't worth doing.   It should weight more than a GMT, its larger.  I like the Tudor BB, but its larger than what is ideal for me, and if I were going to buy a Tudor, I'd probably search for a vintage Tudor...
Congrats!  Looking forward to seeing pix soon!  
Very nice.  Greatly prefer the 5905 to the 5960.  I've seen the 5960 and just can't warm up to it.  Its one of my least favorite models from them.  Wishing you luck with whatever you decide.  Congrats!  Very nice choice...love it with the blue dial !Incredibly boring designs, and my local dealers were always unloading them for 40% off MSRP, then eventually both ADs dumped the brand altogether.  Never interested in anything other than their 50 Fathoms...but for what it...
Whether you brought it to Movado or someplace else, they should give you an estimate for the cost of what they are recommending.  Then you can decide whether to proceed with having them fix it or not. 
Don't bother.  Most clothing design companies don't make watches worth buying.  I'd rather have a Seiko, a Hamilton, or maybe something vintage/preowned.  There is a thread for less expensive watches and they may have some good suggestions for you.  Wishing you luck!
Bring it to a Movado service center and they will advise you as to what they can do with it.  I'm not quite clear about the construction of your watch as you talk about metal under a black coating. Some watches can be polished if they are steel, gold, platinum etc. Others if they have some type of coating may or may not be able to be recoated after the scratches are buffed out.  Good luck. 
Interesting interview.   AP is the original luxury sports watch.  For me when considering getting a watch in its class, the only watches I seriously considered were the RO, Nautilus, and VC Overseas.  I prefer the RO just a tad more than the Nautilus, but IMHO they were both notch and just a bit above the VC in terms of finish and but far beyond it in terms of design.   IMHO, there are enough differences between the AP and PP that even though they have similarities (even...
@Tried and True Not sure where you think I said one has to stick to the manufacturer's recommended service schedule.  In fact I said the opposite. Maybe its time for new reading glasses?
I'll take your word for everything you say about Gibsons.  I'm not a musician and I know very little about guitars.  It's clear that you love your vintage Sub and Sea-Dweller.  Your passion for them is rather catchy.   Still at no point did I suggest one should judge a watch by its accuracy or its value.  However, there are folks who are easily swayed by rarity, or having something with a very high value.  When Paul Newman Daytonas were new, dealers couldn't give them away...