or Connect

Posts by Dino944

If you look a few pages back you will see there was a recent discussion about the Milgauss, and several people here seemed to like it a lot.  +1 Belli really raises the bar to new levels when it comes to analyzing the dials on watches!   One of the most important things about a watch is its dial, as we look at it several times a day. Yet its often one of the most overlooked aspects of a watch.  Something as simple as going from Arabics to Romans or vice versa can have a...
 The bezel with numbers rotates.  Years ago the Turn-O-Graph was also known as the Thunderbird, and was affiliated with the US Air Force. Yes, the bezel rotates.  
 I find it amusing marketing, but something to be taken with a grain of salt.  I think the variations in quality and design, are things that some will overlook.  Many Pateks go up in value at least in the short run by a few thousand dollars, the minute they go out of production.  People start speculating on value and some will buy a watch just to get into a brand that has a reputation for appreciating.   Beyond their ads, I've seen sales people discuss vintage pieces and...
Elevated prices for new Rolex models is quite common in Rolex history.  Things usually drop and normalize once production ramps up and supply catches up with demand.   Others have already stated some of the issues with your suggestion.  However, in addition to what they have stated even if you could swap the bezels, the 24 hour hand would still be green as would the words "GMT Master II" so they wouldn't match the bezel of a BLNR.  So you'd have a "Franken-watch at best....
    You guys crack me up!!!  Thanks for the laughs!
The only person I ever knew that regularly had issues with a watch being magnetized was my wife.  She wears an automatic Cartier Tank Francaise and her watch became magnetized 3 times in a roughly 2 month period of time.  We figured out that the issue was her department was next to the MRI machines in the radiology Dept.  She briefly started looking at anti-magnetic watches, but then her department moved to a newer part of the hospital and no more issues...so she spent the...
Only Rolex knows for sure.  However, that model was in production for a very short period.  The Vintage Milgauss most people know, and the ones I've seen in the catalogs were the 1019s which actually, looked like DJ, but with different dials and hands.   Perhaps the polished vs. brushed is more an old school thing.  I'm a bit older than you and when I started buying Rolexs none of the SS professional models had polished lugs, or center links.  No worries, plenty of Rolies...
Yes, I remember that post.  I wasn't a fan of what your friend did to his GMTC.  But its his watch and if it makes him happy, that's what matters.
I don't personally find it a "Professional watch" in the way that say their Sub/SD, Exs, GMTs, etc are, which look drastically different from a DJ.  However, I suppose they considered it that way because it was built with a specific purpose to be worn by people in work environments that have stronger than usual magnetic fields.  So it fits the theme of being for a particular purpose (much like the original Subs, Explorer 2s, GMTs etc.  I have an old catalog from the 1970s,...
Sorry my friend.  I was trying to get a better look at the photo you posted and compare to other models before posting.  I can't be sure if the one you tried is real or not, but I did address some of your concerns about weight, case backs, finish, etc.