or Connect

Posts by Dino944

I love the stepped case shape. It's interesting, elegant, and it's curvature makes it very comfortable on the wrist.Sadly, I don't love the dial. They have made variations of the Toldeo for at least 20 years, maybe more. The version from the early to mid 90's was smaller but had a more elegant dial and more elegant hour markers that alternated between 4 sided pyramids and I think modified triangles at 3,6,9, and 12. Also it was a manual wind and without a second hand....
Looks great!  Congrats and enjoy it!!!  
Funny thing is in recent years I've seen lots of kids be really nice and respectful of other peoples cars, but its grown adults who have no respect for other peoples cars/property.   I saw a group of 20 something year old women create their own photo op using someone's BMW in a restaurant parking lot.  One girl, and a big one at that, planted her butt (wearing jeans with rivets) on the center of the hood of some guy's BMW for photos...one can only imagine what the hood...
Yes, huge mistake my friend.  Cheers!
Sorry, I wasn't really sure what your point was beyond not understanding why people that like nice cars would bother to have beater cars.    My Casio was just an old watch from grade school.  It still ran so I never threw it away. It wasn't my beater watch.  Not to mention, at the very least, it might have seemed odd to my wife that I would choose to wear my Casio from grade school over the Rolex Explorer 2 she got me as a wedding gift 14 years ago.  The Explorer 2 has...
 There really isn't a dichotomy.  Would you use a fully restored BMW 3.0CSL to haul potting soil and plants?  Would you park it in questionable neighborhoods where it may attract unwanted attention.  Would you risk driving a classic car in weather where there is snow and ice on the road?  Its no different than owning a Patek, AP, VC, Lange etc...but putting on a less expensive watch to mountain biking on trails, snorkeling, working out at the gym, or doing other rugged...
Very nice!  I was at the Rolex service center in NYC a few days ago and one of the employees who got into the elevator was wearing the same Milgauss GV.  Congrats looks great!
It's an interesting version, but there isn't enough contrast between the dial and the gold hands. It makes it incredibly difficult to read the time or see the hand against the sub dials, so for those reasons I'm not a big fan of that version. The basic black dial is far easier to read at a glance.
Hi JB, yes they love to throw salt on the roads up here in New England.  However, with modern rust proofing and taking the car to a touchless car wash to get the salt off, daily drivers can last quite a while up here.  My DD is a Subaru Legacy with AWD, and it currently has 116,000 miles.  Almost all my friends with nice cars, particularly collectible ones have at least one older beater car.  Below is a quick list showing what a few friends have for fun cars & daily...
A house is clearly the most important thing, the rest are toys.  However, just to clarify, as NonServiam previously noted there is a difference between a nice car and a classic car/vintage sports car.   A quick exaple of the difference...one could have bought say an E Class Mercedes or 5 series BMW two or three years ago for say $50- $60K.  They are very nice but those cars as you noted would depreciate to nothing eventually.  However, for the same money or less, someone...