or Connect

Posts by Dino944

Yes, that is the Toledo that I was speaking of in my post.  IMHO, that was the best looking Toledo they have produced to date....YMMV.  Perhaps if I had never tried that one on years ago, I would like the current model significantly more than I do.  Yes, with the current model being an automatic, it may give the watch greater appeal as a daily wearer for those that do not want to have to wind a watch on a daily basis.  I do like the current time only model far more than...
Tough choice.  I think size each can work easily depending on what the purchaser is used to and comfortable wearing.  I give a slight edge to the 36, merely because I prefer its dial and its numerals.  Wishing you luck with whichever makes you smile if you are pondering Explorer ownership. 
Mimo, I thought being demented was a prerequisite to posting here?  I can see the Harmoney is trying to invoke the interesting case shape and asymmetry as I stated in my prior post "This looks to me like with the success of the 1921 they decided to make a similar shape ..."  I actually like asymmetric cases and dial layouts.  I just think it poorly executed on this model and lack the elegance of the 1921.  VC, PP, AP, JLC and others have offered watches with asymmetric...
I love the stepped case shape. It's interesting, elegant, and it's curvature makes it very comfortable on the wrist.Sadly, I don't love the dial. They have made variations of the Toldeo for at least 20 years, maybe more. The version from the early to mid 90's was smaller but had a more elegant dial and more elegant hour markers that alternated between 4 sided pyramids and I think modified triangles at 3,6,9, and 12. Also it was a manual wind and without a second hand....
Looks great!  Congrats and enjoy it!!!  
Funny thing is in recent years I've seen lots of kids be really nice and respectful of other peoples cars, but its grown adults who have no respect for other peoples cars/property.   I saw a group of 20 something year old women create their own photo op using someone's BMW in a restaurant parking lot.  One girl, and a big one at that, planted her butt (wearing jeans with rivets) on the center of the hood of some guy's BMW for photos...one can only imagine what the hood...
Yes, huge mistake my friend.  Cheers!
Sorry, I wasn't really sure what your point was beyond not understanding why people that like nice cars would bother to have beater cars.    My Casio was just an old watch from grade school.  It still ran so I never threw it away. It wasn't my beater watch.  Not to mention, at the very least, it might have seemed odd to my wife that I would choose to wear my Casio from grade school over the Rolex Explorer 2 she got me as a wedding gift 14 years ago.  The Explorer 2 has...
 There really isn't a dichotomy.  Would you use a fully restored BMW 3.0CSL to haul potting soil and plants?  Would you park it in questionable neighborhoods where it may attract unwanted attention.  Would you risk driving a classic car in weather where there is snow and ice on the road?  Its no different than owning a Patek, AP, VC, Lange etc...but putting on a less expensive watch to mountain biking on trails, snorkeling, working out at the gym, or doing other rugged...
Very nice!  I was at the Rolex service center in NYC a few days ago and one of the employees who got into the elevator was wearing the same Milgauss GV.  Congrats looks great!