or Connect

Posts by Dino944

The GP Ferrari watches were a bit more tasteful, but I'm not really a fan of car related watches or branding.  Maybe the closest I came to liking a car related watch would be the old Porsche Design watches  (Titan Chronograph, Ocean 2000, and their Compass Watch) when they were made by IWC.  I never bought one, but thought the designs were interesting...but actually those were not really anything to do with Porsche the car company, other than it doesn't hurt when starting...
  Agreed !!!  If I were in the market for a Panerai I'd purchase a Radiomir or Luminor...but never the Ferrari Panerais. 
Wow, a chunkier case than I would have expected, but I love the case shape.  I love round watches, but its nice to see another watch on SF that isn't round for a change.   I hadn't really considered it, but perhaps that explains whey I've never really been in love with JLC's contemporary automatics.    Love their movements!  
Hi Stitch, yes I agree. I suppose I wasn't clear enough.  My point was as long as the watch is legit, VC will/should work on the watch.  Whether the warranty is valid only matters if the watch is new enough to be covered under warranty, if not the owner just pays out of pocket.  From what one high end AD told me who recently stopped carrying IWC, its all part of their lifestyle strategy.  They sell a lifestyle, so details about the watches are not as important.   He sells...
I would have thought that as long as the watch is legit, they will service it.  Just they won't honor anything that would have been covered by warranty, if there is a problem during the warranty period. 
Its a good watch, but when I get something with an Oyster bracelet I want it to hold a Rolex watch case .  For me, the Speedy is the only Omega that really captures my eye or interest.  The AT is fine, but I'd be more likely to go with an Explorer and skip the date thing.  I've never been interested in owning an annual calendar...I'd rather just have a standard watch with a date or no date if I couldn't get a perpetual calendar.  Good luck with whatever you decide. When I...
I don't know...but I went to an IWC watch event some years back, and the individual giving the lecture stated that he had worked for Zhay-Zhere - LeCoolt before coming to IWC.  I previously thought it was Yay-Gur Le Kooltruh.  After meeting that guy I pretty much stick with calling it JLC!  Although, now I wonder if I should call it Yay-EL-SEE?  I'll have to share your story about being asked if you spoke Swiss, with my Austrian friend.  I think he will get a good chuckle...
Like Foo we also use Chubb.  They are very highly regarding for all of their policies.   
   You guys are cracking me up! I think I'm just too used to Subs, GMTs, Pashas, etc...where the bezels rotate.  I just don't love the fixed external bezel with rotating inner bezel....but that's just me.  YMMV.  
Yes, I have heard it takes a little getting used to.  I think when one is paying close attention, or say just trying it on when you are studying the details of the watch its not a big deal.  I think it is more of an issue just checking the time at a glance, particularly if you have been wearing a watch with a standard dial for several days or weeks, and then you switch to this one.  Still its such a beautiful design that I would be willing to suffer the inconvenience of...