or Connect

Posts by Dino944

Most dealers I dealt with didn't care.  Same discount cash or credit, so might as well get points.  In recent years only dealt with one place that insisted on cash or check, as it was a hard to get watch and some dealers weren't discounting it at all.   Looks great, both the food and the watch! 
Do it before the vacation, and then enjoy it during your vacation (particularly if going somewhere exotic and you might go swimming with it, so its been pressure tested).  I dropped my ExII off there last year.  I was very pleased with their prompt service and its running great.  Also, if the case and bracelet are in good shape, you may want to instruct them not to polish it (that is what I did and they made a note of it on the paperwork).   If you say nothing, they will...
What can I say, you know me too well !  
The ideal situation is have one of each...a 15202, for relaxing when seconds don't matter, and a 5711 for times when seconds matter. 
Doesn't bother me at all.  Funny thing is, the one detail that I did not care for on the RO 15300 was the shape of the seconds hand, particularly the tail on it.  So choosing one without simplified things.   The 15202 is about RO heritage and the original RO's did not have seconds hands. In addition, on many watches including the RO, I find the lack of a second hand gives it a cleaner look.  Even with the Nautilus 5711, its a beautiful piece, but I prefer the original...
 If someone is going to be overseas on a trip anyway, it never hurts to check and see what kind of deal one can get on a watch that has been of interest.  Certainly at times there may be currency exchange rates that along with a discount could make a difference.  Still in my experience, I've always been able to get a better deal with an AD that I've formed a relationship with rather than what I could get overseas taking into account their discounts (which are not always...
I did better than that with an AP AD here in the States. 
You can't necessarily presume the same discounts.  I've traveled to places where the MSRP was less than in the US, but then the dealers would not discount as much and it ended up being cheaper in the US due to the discount.  I haven't traveled to Asia, so I can't speak of the market for watches there or the discounts.  Wishing you luck with your AP purchase. 
Congrats!  I'm not a Panerai guy, but I really like that model's use of a brown dial.  I tried one on a while ago, and my wife liked it on me a lot, but It was chunkier than what I'm comfortable wearing.  Anyway, enjoy it, it looks great!  Very nice! I like it a lot more than your previous ROO and I think it sits a bit better on your wrist.  Congrats and enjoy!!! Looking forward to seeing more pix when it arrives.  My friend has the Santos Galbee XL and he loves it.  He...
Its high quality, its a Patek, and it does absolutely nothing for me.  It's just not a watch I've ever been able to warm up to. I think Frills nailed it with value of what it costs vs. some actual perpetuals out there.  However, its got to put a smile on your face or it isn't worth doing.   It should weight more than a GMT, its larger.  I like the Tudor BB, but its larger than what is ideal for me, and if I were going to buy a Tudor, I'd probably search for a vintage Tudor...