or Connect

Posts by Dino944

Wow, that's a beauty!  Interesting as it seems to mix details often found on other brands such as VC's tear drop lugs and Breguet hands & numerals.  If they had made that in a larger men's size I would have pulled the trigger on that one.  Congrats again to you...or perhaps I should say to your wife.  I hope she gets many years of enjoyment from that lovely Patek.  
Very interesting scenario.  Sorry, a bit late to the discussion but I was away enjoying beautiful weather and my other hobby.   I can see how an Explorer could fit the bill.  However, I don't think, if one can help it, that one watch for everything should be a watch that one has little desire to own.  Sure one watch for everything will most likely be a compromise in at least one situation or more, but I don't think the compromise should be in one's overall desire to own...
TC congrats on the new ride!  Hope it brings you many miles of enjoyment.   Actually, it says you weren't driving the car as intended !   In all seriousness it may also depend on the model you were driving.  In some of them, at least years ago, the clock was at a slight angle so the driver had a better view of it. Not sure if the ones you saw were set straight or at a slight angle, which might have affected your perspective.  The only reason to have the analog clock in...
No need to apologize, but its appreciated.  I mainly addressed your post because I did not want you to hold me responsible for a statement I did not make.  I enjoy discussing watches even when it leads to differences of opinion as we often learn from them.  Cheers!
 As for personality and prestige, I was quoting Boston Hedonist's language.  Please note I put quotation marks around the statement you are quoting.  You can his original statement in post number 43151. I responded by saying that statement was a bit of an overstatement. If you are looking to define personality of a watch, relative to that statement perhaps you should ask the original poster. Regarding value, it was discussed in the context of a similar watches from PP, AP,...
That was a nice watch, but its definitely very small by today's standards.  I believe at largest its only 33mm and it might actually be smaller.  
You can't lose with either choice.  The Reverso is one watch on my "Must haves list."  
That's not an actual photograph regardless of where you got it.  Its a drawing or computer generated image.  I've seen plenty of images/drawings like that, and they give a rough impression of the movement and do not show all of the details and actual finish.  Hell, in that image it looks like it was scrubbed with a Brillo pad.   In the end you and I could probably find a dozen examples some of which would make JLC look better, some of which would make Piaget look better....
That's ok, I'm not so sure I'd just agree that a reasonable comparison of movements is a drawing vs an actual photograph.  Personally, I think they are close, but I'd go with the Piaget from what I've seen but YMMV.   Don't get me wrong, I really like JLC and think they produce a great product, are a good value and I hope to add a JLC Reverso to my collection at some point.  However, once a watch is in a certain price range, I probably would move from JLC to something...