or Connect

Posts by Dino944

Congrats on a great watch!  
If you have to rationalize and convince yourself...then it might not be the right choice for you/your wrist. Personally, this watch does nothing for me.  I don't really like the dial ...I find it lifeless, and it might be improved if the date were eliminated. I like the simple time only Senators or the date and moonphase model someone had posted earlier far more than this piece.  Also, I really don't like anything over 41mm...they just become too clunky. However, you are...
If you are able to sell it to them, I believe it will be a lesser amount.  I vaguely recall a friend bringing in a watch years ago, and they asked if he was selling or trading, because the amount they would give is greater with a trade.  Wishing you luck.
Wow, pretty crazy.  I've brought a Porsche in for service, with no plans to buy anything new and been offered the keys to a new model to take it for a spin, run some errands and see what I think of it, while they do a basic oil change. I know several guys that drive 997s and 991s as daily drivers.  The few GT3 owners I've met don't us them as daily drivers...as mentioned track cars or weekend driving.  However, maybe you have a higher tolerance for what some might consider...
Yes, easier to service...and people not wanting to deal with the expense of F1 paddle transmission repairs prices of those have dropped drastically and there is a substantial premium for the manual cars.  You really should drive the cars to judge for yourself.  A friend has a 997.2 GT3, a 997.2 S Cabrio and a few other nice cars.  He really likes the GT3, but says its a great Sunday driver/track car but too stiff/punishing for everyday (at least for his taste).  We all...
a friend's 348 Spyder was just totaled.  With values of them having gone up quite a bit, he was able to pick up a 360 Spyder with just reasonable amount of $$$ added to the insurance check.  Cheers!
Glad to hear that her company is paying for it all.  I just can't believe they haven't been all over the body shop about getting the car done much quicker, simply because of the amount of time you've been in a rental. Looking forward to hearing about your surprise visit.  Hope all goes well!!!
I get the whole bottle neck thing with the paint booth, but what surprises me is that her insurance company hasn't said WTF is going on, if only for the rental car expense and the limited damage your car sustained.  Which, reminds me who is paying for the rental at this point?  I don't deal much with rental issues in accidents (nor have I really looked at RI policies recently), but most insurance policies I've seen only give people 30 days in a rental car.  I have seen...
  Same here.  Had a very good experience with Al.  
see below Interesting that you both had such bad experiences with Safelite.  Mine was the complete opposite.  Had to replace glass in our Subaru.  Used a big company in the northeast with multiple locations.  First time they used factory glass, but made a mess of the interior and I ended up with condensation inside the car under the glass total pain.  They fixed it but not impressed.  The next time they came to replace glass they went to install some chipped aftermarket...