Posts by Dino944

Congrats on your latest acquisition !!!  I'm generally not a huge fan of floating lugs on retro pieces, but they did a really nice job of modernizing and incorporating them into the design so they don't seem too dainty or out of place.  I think they work really nicely with this piece.  Enjoy it and be sure to give it more wrist time than the last owner did!  
Sorry to hear about the Legacy  ...RIP That Forester looks like it will fit the bill for what you both want...although it is getting up there in years.  Even with low mileage certain things can perish or need replacing, brake lines, fuel lines etc.  Although, if the currency converter I used is accurate, buying that one would leave you plenty of money for repairs.  Good luck! We were recently looking for a new daily driver for Mrs. Dino, her 2003 MB C320 Sport 4matic is...
Looks like a great lunch with a lot cool watches!
I wouldn't say my view of limited editions are negative, merely that limited editions need to be taken with a grain of salt, in terms of their value to the watch community (I don't mean that in a monetary sense).  I actually own a limited edition, and a few limited production pieces.  I think there are times that limited editions or limited production pieces can be very nice.  I like designs of the past and a limited edition or a limited production piece can allow one to...
Obviously, the main thing  to do is purchase a piece you truly love.  As for resale, unless you are purchasing at a boutique, you can probably get a far more significant discount on a new VC than on a complicated Patek (new or used).  So on some level that offsets resale value.  In addition, the VC I suggested you look at has been out of production for probably more than a decade.  Its not depreciating any more, in fact they have been appreciating in recent years.  I...
Buy what you have/had your heart set on and you will not be disappointed.  I like VC and sometimes they represent a great value relative to other brands.  Personally, I don't like limited editions that are for watch related stores, be it Wempe, Hodinkee, Cellini etc.  While the dial on this Hodinkee dial model is cool, I'd rather the watch had no affiliation with them.   Personally, I have mixed feelings about the overall design even in the standard versions.   The...
Thanks @no frills   Looking forward to catching up with you soon! 
You're welcome.  I owned an early 116520, but sold it and bought the fat hands model when they started coming into the US.  Yes, it its easier to read the time at a glance with the fat hands model, however the main reason I went from a thin hands model to a fat hands model was I never thought the thin hands hands looked appropriate on the 116520.  To me it seemed very out of proportion to have the thin hands (as used on the 16520, which had thinner more elegant hour...
I like some of the old air cooled Beetles.  A guy in my office bought one and restored it himself.   But here is the work vehicle you need...race car not included.