or Connect

Posts by Dino944

Mimo my dear friend, you always crack me up! As always thank you for the laughs and the rather thought provoking response. I really enjoyed reading your analysis on the L1 and Pano.Just so you and the other "Usual suspects" are clear about my opinion of GO, I think they make very good products which are generally a good value. I would consider buying some form of Senator or other watch model from them. However, I couldn't buy a Pano, because to me its too...
Sorry, duplicate post.
,Sorry, I didn't realize the OP was considering a clock or pocket watch, hence I was focusing on wrist watches.
Sorry Mimo, but this is one where we will have to agree to disagree. I never suggested Lange invented asymmetry in a watch or the power reserve complication. Further, it's well known that JLC helped them develop the grand date. I don't even mind the GO put a grand date on their watches, hell at one point it seemed everyone other than Patek, AP & Rolex were adding grand dates to their watches...so I find it a sort of played out complication that is of little interest to...
Mimo, I don't want to beat a dead horse on the topic of Lange Ones vs Panos, as I've made my thoughts known on that topic several times. However, they were not the same company 20 years ago. Furthermore, the Lange One is the original of that style of asymetric dial layout...it's that plain and simple. To suggest that because GO developed a different grand date mechanism, the Pano is not derivative or an imitator is silly. Further IMHO it unfairly takes credit from...
No, you may have missed my earlier post. You can personally import I think up to 2 Rolex watches if they are for your personal use. If you declare them, you pay whatever customs assesses the fee as. If you try to hide it in luggage to avoid customs duties or fees, most likely there will be additional fees and/or penalties.You cannot ship it into the US. If you get caught shipping it via mail/FedEx/UPS/DHL, etc and they catch you, they confiscate the...
Thanks Cleav. Cheers😃
Yes, very serious issues with importing a Rolex to the US. A very well known British vintage Rolex seller has a disclaimer saying something to the effect of he won't sell to people in the US, unless they notify him they will make arrangements to pick it up personally, or have an agent personally pick it up and wear it into the US.Not sure about any regulations concerning importing a Rolex to Canada. You'd need to look into that yourself. Just be sure there won't be...
Not sure what I did. Wishing you luck If speaking about Rolex, its a HUGE no no! You can buy a Rolex outside the US and wear it in, but you can't ship a Rolex into the US. There are incredibly strict customs regulations regarding importing Rolexes into the US. If you get caught, customs confiscates the watch and it's your loss!
Great links! They are amazingly versatile. However, it is almost impossible to photograph and capture all three colors of gold! They are definitely my favorite pair of cufflinks.