or Connect

Posts by haiglarsen

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD    Selling this beautiful Will-o-the wisp (Howlin's name for this) cardigan from Howlin's AW12 collection. The wine color is great, but it doesn't work on me, and as such I have never worn this out of the house. It's made of a soft, fuzzy wool and has real wood buttons.    100% Wool Ribbed neck, cuffs and hem Regular fit Made in Scotland   Size is...
SOLD.SOLD.SOLD.SOLD.SOLD.SOLD.SOLD.SOLD.SOLD.SOLD.SOLD.SOLD.SOLD.SOLD.SOLD.SOLD     Up for sale is a pair of Alden for J.Crew Cordovan captoe boots in Color #8. These were purchased in Sept 2013 and have been worn around half a dozen times, but I'm learning the hard way that I need to adjust my sizing in Barrie lasted boots. There is a minimal amount of wear on them, and where there is any scuffing, the pictures do a good job of illustrating it.  These come with the...
 I had the same experience with those boots, even after having them professionally stretched they were still a little too small in the wrong way. Plenty of other Barrie lasted shoes of mine fit fine, but these ones just didn't work. Anyway, I was able to sell them on Marketplace within a day, so you're bound to flip them quickly.
SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD      Up for sale is a pair of Alden x Epaulet Taunton boots in burnished tan. They are beautiful boots that just never fit me right, though it took a while for me to give up. They are less than a year old, have about 20 wears on them, some superficial scuffing, no cuts into the leather or anything of that nature. The pictures do a good job of illustrating this. The commando soles...
 A similar thing happened to me with those shoes. Don't give up hope!
 There is a frequent poster named Mcarthur who is referred to as "uncle", and he refers to everyone else as his "nephew". I'm not sure why. edit: ninja'd. 
Anyone know why some sizes would be 'sold out' if it's a pre-order?  
 I would be nervous, too. In my experience, I've had Barrie lasted shoes and boots that fit all over the place, all in the same size (half size down from my Brannock). Some are super comfortable, some borderline too big and some entirely too small. I'm now convinced everything about the shoe/boot plays a role in the fit, from the type of leather, to the type of welt, to who made them, and I can no longer simply order my size and expect the fit to be good. 
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD    Almost new Epaulet Rivet chinos, worn twice. If my tailor hadn't hemmed them too short, they'd be keepers. Waist has been taken in a half inch, so it is now exactly 36 inches, and they've been hemmed so the inseam is 33 inches. All other measurements should be identical to what's listed under size 36...
 I remain on the fence. It's gorgeous, but the pocket flaps are keeping me from pulling the trigger!