or Connect

Posts by northernsean

I find that Ben Shermans from yesteryear are far better and a lot less "mass-produced" than the stuff they're churning out now , it's just a hard job sourcing the original designs , especially the larger windowpane checks - for sure the likes of Mikkel Rude , Britac and Jump the Gun do a decent variety of nice checked shirts - it also seems to me that Barracuta Harringtons don't seem to mentioned or worn by many skinheads these days ,up North where i'm from anyway , i...
I have to say I do like that track - i checked out the vinyl releases on Discogs and their back catalogue on 7" are reasonably priced - so much so I bought a couple of singles ! Many thanks for the heads up, i'd never heard of Honey Cone till now :)
Thanks for the feedback , i thought that their were limited styles in the MR range , think i'll take a punt and get one - call it an early Xmas present to myself :P
I've been thinking about trying the Mikkel Rude shirts for quite a while now , i have lots and lots of BS's and a few Britac shirts (which are quite snug on my portly frame )  - i wondered if anyone else has bought the MR shirts and what the general consensus is of them.
Newcastle skinheads 1972
Oh christ aye , it is ! I need to get myself back to bloody Specsavers :o
Saw this and loved the bowler hat on the pooch !! I can always remember the Bulldog being "adopted " as a status symbol in the late 70's , early  8o's when i was a bit younger - much the same as the chavs nowadays have adopted the staffie as a status symbol , along with their godawful fashion trends of tracksuits , hoodies , baseball caps and those hideous Nike Air Max trainers - i cringe as soon as i hear their whining "couldn't give a shit " drawl , asking " Hear , ye...
Agreed , Slade were a manufactured skinhead band because skinhead was popular at that time so their managers thought it would be a marketing gimmick , exactly the same as what happened to The Who , who were never Mods !
The geezer in the bottom picture is a ringer for david Beckham...cool pics though , the cash pocket is a nice little addition !
A real shame you didn't stick at it mate , but as you say , you were young . I used to get my trousers tailored when i was a teen at a great place in Newcastle , reasonably priced at the time ( 1983 - '84 ) G.S Tailoring on Shields Road . 25 nicker , couldn't afford a full suit alas I have just bought an "off the peg " Tonik suit from Adam's of London as i STILL can't afford to get one tailored and was wondering if anyone on the forum have had any before and wether...