or Connect

Posts by mactire

Fair point, my heart lies with those who may not know. 
 Did you come down the Hudson in the last shower?  Well known that bloggers like Crompton et al. or indeed most folk with an online presence e.g. London Lounge are to quote Maggie 'On the make and on the take'.  If you think its any different there's no hope for you.
Well if its made in Italy its most likely to be Maglia http://www.ombrellimaglia.it/, though there could be other volume umbrella makers left in Italy that aren't online.
 Is the coat lined with hot water bottles or something!  I do not think Continental European winters with a steady dry cold are directly comparable to the rain and damp in Ireland and Great Britain, but ultimately it's down to the individual.  If you know the weight of tweed you're wearing and you're OK with it then that's your question answered.
 I do, in Ireland that's pretty much a 3-season weight, I don't find it uncomfortable, but things like not wearing an undershirt have a huge impact on hot you feel when wearing it.  Its down to where you live as well, a temperate maritime climate such as on the north coasts of Spain or Ireland or the UK can from thermometer look a lot warmer than they feel.  I've known a lot of people experiencing cold they're unused to at 6C or 8C here when they can handle -20C on the...
 There's a couple of cloth jobbers on ebay.co.uk that do cut lengths of cashmere, some will be up in the 400g range but you'll have little choice in terms of colour etc.  Check it out though you might find something you like.
  Well you never know, but its likely the name is being used by one of the big owners of textile firms that bought them all out.
 Aye, to put it another way there's art as well as science involved.  As ojaw I had a similar experience with online ordering, and by the way with made-to-measure outfits who did not really do bespoke.  M2M convenient to you where measurements are taken in person and a garment fitted on you is also better than bespoke over the ether or it must be said a poor bespoke tailor. I'm not trying to put you off but just make you aware of the complexities involved, and this is...
 Mate, you're always taking a punt, the only way to find out if they're any good is to try them out.  There are certain things you can look for like the quality of their handwork, such as asking if they do any handfinishing and asking to see their buttonholes for example, but there are only indicators.  There's no point in lots of handwork on a garment that doesn't fit at all.   Here you'll find some posters saying that it takes a couple or even three iterations to get a...
 Did they say it was all natural fibres?  Many cloths have branding associated with them, 'Crispaire' etc., that belong to certain companies, Trisco is a polyester component I'm afraid as others have indicated.