or Connect

Posts by Looking to improve

Originally posted by T4phage: Quote: You mean Edward Pelger's in Den Haag Hoogstraat?  My problem with them is that they have a very limited selection, only about 5 styles and mostly in black.  Shoes and Shirts have a much nicer selection, plus the colors that they have (the antiqued browns) are quite nice.  At S&S they also carry some nice StefanoBis. Yes, I mean Eduard Pelger. I haven't inquired about the number of styles and colours they stock,...
Originally posted by T4phage: Quote: You buy the E.Greens at Shoes and Shirts on Havenstraat  right? I do indeed. I first went there while still at Maastricht University (although not for the E.Greens, too pricey). I like the salesmen, their advice and I think they offer quite good service. I recently found a store in the city where I live (The Hague) that also sells E.Green, but the E.Green-shoes there are more expensive than at S&S (approx. EUR...
Originally posted by T4phage: Quote: Thanks.  I've heard of the store, but for me it is as far away as Brussels, and I'd rather go to Amsterdam.  Most of the time I order the suit in Italy anyway and then get it picked up (or if additional fittings are required) in Amsterdam. I know Maastricht is rather out of the way for most people in the Netherlands. It is for me as well, approx. 230 km. Still, I try to make time to go there once in a while. I...
Quote: In England they call it: "Taking coals to Newcastle". (Do they say in Holland: "Taking cheese to Edam"?) The Dutch equivalent expression would translate to something like: "Carrying water to the sea". I should think not too bad an expression given our centuries long struggle with water and the sea. MtB
Quote: Unlike your experiences with Borrelli suits, here in the Netherlands it is the opposite: Only one store carries Kiton - Pauw in Amsterdam.  The rest have been forced by Borrelli to choose between them and Kiton.  Unfortunately, the majority chose Borrelli. T4phage: According to the Kiton website (www.kiton.it) there should also be a store selling Kiton in Maastricht. If my memory serves me, I believe I saw a Kiton suit or sport coat at the...