or Connect

Posts by Looking to improve

Originally posted by T4phage: Quote: They are right near Hardies Mode (the people who have Brioni).  Another place you may want to check out now and then, the Meddens outlet on Fredrik Hendriklaan, I have seen some pretty nice Corneliani super 120's suits now and then for about Euro 300, Stefano Ricci ties (including the pleated ones) for about Euro 50 to 70, and now and then Borsalino hats for Euro 60 to 70.  They now have a bunch of Burberry's trenchcoats,...
Originally posted by T4phage: Quote: Sorry, I didn't mean you.  I was answering generally to the question of pink shirts and the people who consider it a bit "fey"   . Here in Europe, you generally see men utilize more colours than the States, a plus to my eye, instead of the boring white and blue shirts. WHOOPS, I must have gotten 'carried away' in replying. I suspected you meant the comment in general. MtB
All quotes originally posted by T4phage: Quote: Yep, a woman's scent.  My wife uses it   . Well, no arguing with that statement then   . Quote: For great colognes check out Celeste in Den Haag, they carry Trumpers, Creed, etc., and in Amsterdam, check out Skins Cosmetics. Celeste is cheaper than Oger and Skins. EDIT: Celeste and Skins also carry Penhaligons, my favorite being Blenheim Bouquet.  If you like Tumpers Lime, try...
Originally posted by T4phage: Quote: Thanks MtB.  Have you tried Cordonnerie's products yet?  I'd like to hear your opinion. I must admit I use Kiwi's "Parade Gloss" and am perfectly content with it, so no, I haven't any experience with La Cordonnerie's products. Quote: Good call on the shirt at Oger, let us know how it turns out. Did you get any deals at their sale?  At the end, they were selling two Borrellis/Zegna Napoli's for about...
All quotes originally posted by T4phage: Quote: Let us know how the shirt turns out. I'll post in the custom-shirt (Geneva) thread. Quote: As for the LP grey with lavender stripes, I have a shirt made of that fabric, got it made last summer in Rome.  VERY NICE shirt.  You should have started with that.. There must be some confusion here, the LP grey with lavender pinstripe fabric was wool, unless I'm seriously mistaken. I...
Originally posted by T4phage: Quote: I've heard you mention La Cordonniere, and I will check it out when I go to Paris. Is it La Cordonniere or La Cordonnerie (Anglaise)? If the latter, I believe Oger (in the Netherlands) stocks some of their products. And a search on Google led me to La Cordonnerie's website. Not to cheat you out of a trip to Paris of course T4phage   . Just to let you know that, in an emergency, you have a resource nearby. MtB
Originally posted by Shirtmaven: Quote: Who is man enough to wear Lavender/purple? I love  lavender shirts with Charcoal gray. While I was out ordering a first m-t-m shirt yesterday (admittedly blue), I also selected a fabric for a new suit. Although I did not end up choosing the fabric, I was severely tempted by a Loro Piana grey-ground lavender pinstripe. Very discreet and, in my mind, distinguished. And yes, I do wear purple shirts (solid...
As a reminder: Quote: Well, I suppose in a month or so, when I've gathered all my courage I'll order a 'test-shirt' by Maffeis. Thank you for the feedback, I'm not all that great an expert on judging construction(-quality) so a more expert opinion is (always) helpful. I'll be sure to let you know how I like it when I receive the shirt. I finally gathered all my courage and ordered the (m-t-m) 'test-shirt' yesterday. It's an 'antique'-striped blue...
Originally posted by acole: Quote: To the well-dressed man, however, the world suddenly seems a vicious and foreboding place.  The sharp protrusions of tables, chairs, and door-handles lash out at defenseless trouser buttons and pleats.  Barbaric hordes of stones, curbs, overhanging baseboard heaters, luggage wheels, brake pedals, and other ankle-high perils menace the unwary Alden calfskin oxford, while the bespoke shirt and woven-silk tie cringe before...
Are pale pink shirts O.K. for men? YES. MtB