or Connect

Posts by Looking to improve

Yes, if nothing else just for the future moment when I move... and need to safely transport my shoes. In the mean time I keep my wife 'quiet' by sacrificing the occasional box I receive with a factory re-sole. She uses them for odds and ends. MtB
These are mine:And compared with their elder brothers:Coffee suede on 202 and Dark Oak antique on 82 without medallion.This is the one I later saw as Weymouth in a store:Is this the Chelsea-lookalike you were sent first as Weymouth II?I don't get it, because as far as I've seen, when EG use roman numerals after a model name, it's to indicate a variation on the basic model. IMO this way EG do their utmost to confuse matters.MtB
Very nice!Do EG still call this model Weymouth? I ask because I've seen another EG under that model.MtB.
It's been a while since I posted... MtB
I'd be grateful to find myself at the bottom of the pile . I think I already have been, and I have taken away several thing from the feedback. Yet, would what you state above exclude the presenting of several options as I did in my first post in this thread or even in succession?MtB
Wow! Now those I'd need to see in real life. Especially the green suede: that has given me an idea for a tan suede tassel loafer...MtB
I thought I had added sufficient texture with the flannels I wore... I can most certainly combine with brown and/or green cords and moleskins. I'm no great fan of knit ties, although I do have a navy one. But I do have several cashmere ties which ought to combine just fine. The thing is, as Gdl notes below, that would all underline the fall feel, whereas I am trying to see whether I can get some "summer" use out of this coat.Ok. So let me run the jacket by you with navy...
Thank you. As to length: it covers my behind. I have long arms.Thanks. Autumn vs. spring wasn't quite what I had in mind, but I see what you mean. More opportunities to wear the coat and more combinations to be tried. Yay! Yeah, yeah... I'll see what I can do. Maybe another comparison? Thank you. I'm a 'mere' 6 ft. 5 in.Colour in the first tie: white and light blue flowers with red hearts.Thanks Prof and gdl: I hadn't imagined tie 1 and square 2. I may yet try that.No...
Trying to learn a bit here so I thought I'd post two alternatives: 1. vs. 2. Any comments? Oh, and in hindsight: the pocketsquare in #2 could have been stuffed in deeper MtB
This has stopped you before? Thankfully some of us know better . And have you considered this: perhaps one box can better be explained to your wife, than several, or do you get them at work?Still planning to visit Pelger (I'm not sure their sale still continues)?MtB