or Connect

Posts by Looking to improve

The Shannon VIII pre-order which seems to have B1-soles, made me wonder. Now I'm trying to figure out EG's different leather soles: 1. Single 2. B1 - 1.5 soles tapering to 1 at the waist 3. HAF - 2 (double) soles tapering to 1 at the waist 4. Double - 2 soles front to end. Can anyone confirm? Add? @Leaves perhaps? That Shannon VIII also had me daydreaming of a dress make-up: black & nutmeg suede. Still, there are so many other EGs I'd like One more for the list! MtB
Thanks ! No problem btw, I had the shoes and snapping a picture was no trouble. I look forward to seeing the end result.MtB
It's the EG 'Plymouth' on the 202 last with HAF-soles and sunken metal toe-tips. MTO through a shoe store in the Netherlands.More pictures quoted below:MtB
Here you are:Mink (left) and Clove (right)Mink (left), Rosewood (middle) and Clove (right)The clove has quite a red sheen to it in certain light, but it was one of the first colours I thought of when I saw your picture of Heather Gorse with the three suede swatches. I included a Rosewood pair so you could compare further, although I think Heather Gorse is a bit darker.Perhaps laufer had the best suggestion: to let EG decide, or at least advise.Hope this helps.MtB
U-cap on 82 last, coincidentally also Weymouths, albeit without medallion:MtB
Blatant cross-post:A very happy new year everyone!MtB
My latest acquisition: Plymouth, 202, Rosewood country calf MtB
Is the stitching between the suede and the country calf letting go there or is it just the angle of the picture?All the best for the new year btw.MtB
Wow!Makes me wonder what he did with my piece... I guess I'll have to wait to see.MtB
This I need to see! I have something similar in mind. Why was I on holiday when the tailor visited...MtB