or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Thank you and no need to apologize for any questions! I would hope not in this thread anyhow.  Yes they are all Dundee's and that is the Dark Brown front bottom. It is a great color. I really like chukka's and also how a plain toe shows off shell, the Dundee is perfect IMO for shell. For my foot yes they are true to Brannock size. The 1 last fits me very well, especially the Dundee's.
  There is nothing dubious about AE shell, at least to me. I have shell from AE, Alden, and RL Marlow which are made by C&J. As tampatravel said AE can be more of a matte finish out of the box but with time and work they can and will look like the others. Some differences in colors between them but overall I consider them to be the same quality shell. Great choice on the Dundee's. I prefer them over the Alden 2 eye chukka on the Barrie last by far. 
The same thing happened to my Alden #8 boots on the 3rd wearing, it is frustrating I hear you! I ended up ordering flat boot laces from TZ Laces in several different colors. They also sell round boot laces. Not cheap, but they have held up well so far.
Mauro that is why we keep coming back to shoot  I call those low wobble birds "worm burners".    Just remember (unfortunately) no matter how bad you shoot that you have yet to shoot your worst round. And as soon as you think it couldn't happen it will. Then other days the birds seem to be the size of trash can lids and seems like you can't miss. It is a strange sport indeed....   I consider skeet mental masturbation, it is bubble gum for my mind and relaxing for me. If...
You might get more response posting in the shoe care thread. Or Allen Edmonds Appreciation thread under Classic Menswear, they are the ones that make the shell boots for Wolverine.   I assume you are talking about the 744's. Nothing wrong with VSC for shell and have used it but prefer Reno. In your case I would just wipe with a damp cloth then brush them. Repeat numerous times and wear them also. I wear my 744's which is likely what you have as just regular boots all the...
Yes if the last is still available.
I am in a similar position with wearing overshoes but for a different reason. And have tried many alternatives. I had my cobbler put a half sole put on my Walnut Shell Daltons. Those pair are very hard and slick, it is as bad as bare leather when you hit wet tiled floors. The combination tap soles as issued by AE seem softer than other half soles. The tap sole on the calf PA that I have is softer and appears to offer better traction but I have no idea about longevity. I...
When your on an experienced squad shooting trap you hardly have time to eject, load and mount before it is your turn to shoot again. It moves pretty fast but the sitting around waiting to shoot takes forever  An auto for trap should have a shell catcher or knockdown pin installed. If you start bouncing hot hulls off the guy to your right or dinging the stock on his $20k P or K gun I can pretty much guarantee you there will be some words exchanged. Trap is a bit different...
Skeet is harder to learn, but easier to master with experience. For most people that is. If you miss on 8 Low your supposed to carve your name in the low house door even if your a beginner ;-) My name would be all over the country if that was true LOL. But it is a good station to put someone on who has never shot before to learn how to shoot with a box of shells. None are hard to hit but all are easy to miss in both venues. Wobble is great for practice before hunting...