or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Yeah I have enough shortwings, including a pair of McAllisters in Truffle which I will likely sell someday because I have never worn them. I really do like Truffle but also walnut and would be happy with the return of either. The walnut is getting darker and richer over time. My Dundees in walnut are identical to my Alden Ravello chukkas because the Ravello are lacking red, only way I can tell the difference is by checking for 3 eyes vs. 2. I might as well get rid of the...
Beautifully done! I also like how brown and lighter shell changes tones based on lighting. I just finished brushing my walnut shell Strands for wear next week and they keep getting darker over time. If the sun ever comes out this weekend I should take a picture.
I don't wash mine either, well except the ones I use for cleaning around the house. When buffing if it starts to get dry I grab a damp one and start over but it doesn't happen often. I only use them at the very end of the process and only for a minute or two at the most. But I do buff my waxed calf shoes and boots heavily with them. Haven't seen the Manchester in a while on here, Happy Friday! We do not do casual Fridays where I work however in the summer it is hard for me...
  Hard to tell for sure from the pictures but I do not think that is excess cream on those. A lady at the shoebank nailed it awhile back when she told me that AE shell seconds are either really good or really bad. You could just water brush them for awhile to see what happens. I use Reno when new and then only once every 6 months to a year after that and a whole lot of water brushing in between. Usually while still warm from wearing them. I tried the neutral Saphir cream...
 Nope not for me either. I did ask a bit more than a year ago to go the other way around as I have a low instep and love the 5 last. Debbie told me that at one time they used to swap lasts however there were issues that came up from time to time so it is no longer an option. I agree Mike, a man only needs so many shoes and boots and I have really slowed down, however... 
 I also agree, looking good! Mine are still in active rotation. I have enough wingtip boots but feel I can always use another captoe, especially a Bayfield.Wish I would have had one made in burgundy shell now  I live in Mn. also and most of my XX (don't want to count them and know LOL) shoes\boots have leather soles. As soon as I walk in the door from work I take them to the deep sink and wipe them down with a damp rag. If the soles have gotten wet which is usually the...
Nice job on those Leeds, I will be watching to see what happens. A pair of Leeds in burgundy is my oldest shell and they are almost brown now. I am the same fit in both 1 and 5 last with the 5 fitting me just slightly better. I am 10D in both (TTS) and the Patriots are also 10D. The brown pair is slightly tighter fitting than the burgundy and I wear them without socks which is something I used to think I would never do. But in the summer it works extremely well. The...
Still alive although work has been a real bear the last 6 months. This thread has grown so much it is hard to stay up with it but I do try to at least read it. By the time I get a chance to post several people have already answered the question I was going to reply to which is great! Finally got 2 days off and am packing up now to head over to Wi. for the Upland Journal gathering and shoot over the next 3 days. I will be an hour away from the AE factory and wanted to take...
Those burgundy shell PA's look fantastic, well done! I really like my black shell PA's but can honestly say that those would get even more wear.
The Malvern is a weird one when it comes to fit the footbed is lined with memory foam. Because of this it fits much tighter than standard 1 last boots. The Bayfield is another one it has a poron insole which doesn't take up as much space as the memory foam but it still is tighter fitting than others on the 1 last. You can try going up in length a half size or in width a size. If you go up in length it still may not fit and you have to be careful of creasing too far...