or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Great example with Eddie Bauer. They strayed too far from their roots and targeted the urban crowd with cheaply made crap. Now they are trying to enter back into the hunting market, too little and too late. I don't know anyone that actually spends time in the field that has an Eddie Bauer anything any more and I know that I never will.    LL Bean was able to do it, when the prep crowd discovered them I was afraid the same would happen. But it didn't and they have managed...
The thought has crossed my mind more than once... Seeing how you likely have the largest collection of AE shell and exotics in existence I am sure it has yours for the same reason. I'm thinking a random orbit buffer but it would have to be small enough and adjustable to go slow enough. Maybe thick wool pads and the ability to put a microfiber cloth on it to finish? It may be worth a try. Yeah Renovateur is pretty aggressive. On calf especially where I want to keep...
Yes I do, very much so! Thank you good sir  Been wearing them around the house for a couple of hours in the evening all week, look forward to shifting colors and getting underway with my new gunboats next week. That is a unicorn if there ever was one! I had no idea AE had ever done a whiskey shell anything before. Yeah if only they were my size... 
The LWB has always been a special shoe for me, at least in my mind. I will do a MTO in burgundy (with exposed brass eyelets of course!) eventually not sure about welt and sole though. A gentleman on here recently had a MTO MacNeil in cappuccino shell for sale. AE did the welt and sole wrong on it, different than what he specified so they were never worn and sat in his closet. He was generous enough to sell them to me and I fully expected to send them in to have the welt...
I was surprised to see that you were not too, but also that I was so high on it even after taking a break. Hope all is well, you slacker  I love seeing pictures of well cared for shoes, especially ones that go through rough climates- I understand that only too well. They look great and you have done an excellent job IMO. Good luck on the shell this weekend there is no doubt in my mind that they will turn out fantastic also. And a good weekend to all as well.
Nick has my burgundy Patriot loafers right now. Originally I was going to do the Dainite but the more I read about them being slick on tile floors I eventually changed my mind. The quote I had for Dainite was $155 and because I wanted to change the welt too it was $40 on top of that. I ended up going with JR soles and new welt done in the Alden antique edge finish for $165. I totally trust B. Nelson with my shoes, IMO go with what you really want. I called AE recrafting...
I knew that  If only they weren't on the Barrie last... I have the perfect pair of Biz causal shoes I'm going to be listing this weekend if I have time, Alden Ravello chukkas in 9.5 Barrie last worn only a couple of times. While my goal is a reduction in force at best I end up horse trading instead (pun intended :-)
LOL tifosi that is what you said in Sept, your overdue!  Hey wait I am too...
[[SPOILER]]  And OptoDoc replied--Looks like OptoDoc will not have to give out any free exams.... Personally I think AE should take every MTO that bl@ster has ever done and put it into mainstream production under a new line named the Bl@ster collection and charge a premium. They would have to assign additional workforce to it just to stay up with demand.
Great post, on several levels. Where I work it is very conservative, although I tend to think of it as very professional.  Last week it was announced that we finally knocked John Hopkins off the top spot for #1 hospital in the US after more than 20 years of sitting at #2 or 3. In large part due to the emphasis on quality by our CEO his vision has payed off. I'm 56 and retired military and I will be looking at your shoes along with everything else mentioned above. But I'm...