or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Congrats on your shell Strands, great choice.  I missed the earlier Reno vs. Saphir cream debate, I can't stay up with this thread anymore it is so active, which is great! I do have the Saphir neutral shell cream along with the colored ones also, and very seldom use them. To me Reno is very much worth it and is basically all I ever use on shell but most of the time just use the Mac method. On rare colors like the 744's I never use anything but Reno. I have worn my 744's...
 I stumbled across that AEV yesterday too when I was looking for the custom ordering page at Filson. If you type custom in search that AEV is the first thing to show up. I finally found the custom order page and at the top they say they no longer offer custom orders, bummer.  $130K for a 6 cyl. gas engine and then there is the tranny. I went through 2 trannies plus a rebuild on my Dodge, never again although at one time I was "Mopar or no car". I thought the Ford Raptor...
Congrats on your first, but I doubt last Filson bag rydenfan! I still need to find a few more ways to have you spend money to pay you back for finding those Alden Ravello's for me.   I like my Sportsman bag more than any other bag I own. Including other Filson's, bucket mouths and the typical Midway USA shooting bags. The U shaped zipper has a lot to do with that if the XL Outfitter and duffles had it I would own them by now too. Someone on here way back posted that they...
I totally agree with this. Coming from milw50717 doesn't surprise me though.  [[SPOILER]]
Thanks for the heads up on waxing Crane's. I'll be ordering some from you in a couple of months once this "white rain" stops coming down! I ripped out the rear seats in the back of the access cab less than a week after I bought it and built a platform to hold the dog and when he isn't aboard it holds a few of my Filson bags, and the envelope net that functions as a dog divider and also stores my Filson and other hats.     Under it I store my guns when going to the...
Today and tomorrow Brooks Brothers has Filson at 25% off plus %15 off at checkout for 40% total discount. Just ordered the leather and stainless flask and the Filson Umbrella. Limited selection of Filson items but a number of bags are available. Merry Christmas. 
Crane's you should take one home!! The military exchange has started carrying some Filson items and I can get it for a really almost stupid low price. I just had to go and look again to see if it was on sale like earlier this year and ended up purchasing another Mack wool vest so the least you could do is spend some money and get yourself that case for Christmas  And I wish you and the family a good one!
Fantastic job!! Those are perfect choices in every way possible. I keep thinking that I am done purchasing shoes for awhile but If there was any cappuccino left I would copy those in a heartbeat.
QFT- I have the 258 and have been toying with the idea of the 252 for more than a couple of years. Have done well so far resisting but then again like I tell the satellite sites that I travel to coming from "the mother ship (Foundation)" resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.....
The Mac method is named after a gentleman named McArthur. He posts here on the Alden thread quite a bit and other sites around the Internet. He has one of if not the most spectacular collection of shell ever owned and keeps them highly shined using a method which is often refereed to as The Mac method. Click on this link for his (the original) version.    Basically it is water brushing. You wipe them down with a damp rag and then brush them for at least 5 minutes. Then...