Posts by Cold Iron

I do not wear much black footwear anymore but when I do prefer the shell variant. Yours are beautiful! I assume in person they have that jelly bean look that has a layered look. One of the things that I love about black shell. I ended up purchasing a pair of the AE made for Wolverine 744 for that very reason. It is a haul from here to the closest AE store but they happened to have a pair on display. As soon as I saw them I just knew resistance was futile. On the other hand...
Those look great, and very well taken care of! After loosing as much weight as you did you are allowed to drink whatever you want at Tim Hortons, or any place else for that matter!! Congrats and great job believe me I know how hard it is. Agree! I lost my antenna down this road [[SPOILER]] So end up either playing from Amazon Prime Music or my playlist on my phone which is of course loaded with Rush. When I get tired of my own cooking I prefer to make the 1.5 hour drive to...
Not having the correct last would be my concern too. Not only last but last in US size. But if you can find a cobbler that does have US sized lasts pretty sure they could come pretty darn close.
For what ever reason AE seems to miss the mark more times than not with casual woods type shoes. As soon as I saw Northland and Ely I knew where the names came from. I do miss the detailed descriptions that AE used to have on the website and catalog about each shoe. Although you will not likely see the AE ones worn in Ely. I hunt to the East of Ely every year there are 3 million acres in Superior National Forrest. The Boundary Waters is on the edge of Superior NF and I...
Congrats and great pickup! I have tried several in the Italian collection including the Verona. But they just didn't fit my feet which was a disappointment. Your right the leather on the Italian collection is like butter, I loved it. Enjoy those!
Beautiful collection of light shell, very well done! With the Leeds I am ordering my first thought was natural. What I really want is natural edge which is what I ordered for my walnut shell Dundee's  When I ordered my brown shell Leeds I asked for natural edge thinking I would get the same thing. Plans were to use these as a more casual shoe and wanted a lighter edge to dress them down. But what I got looks like bleached white oak planks attached to the shoes. The...
Personal preference of course my preference would be natural or chili. I went with Leeds and split reverse welt in chili. Asked for wheeling and fudged edge but she said that was not an option. I also asked for single sole instead of double and she didn't think that was an option but she promised that she would try. I think it would be just slightly more elegant with single sole. Seeing how I knew better than to ask for antique brass eyelets also. LOL not against green...
I would not. Likely not even at $400 off, even though it is shell. Pretty good advice for two cents IMO. When I talked to the SA today she said that on the first trunk show ~40% of the make ups were Dundee's and she was surprised that they were not offered this time. So I wasn't too far off base having my Dundee's made in burgundy, black, walnut, brown and cappuccino shell back when Paul let me before the MTO program here and trunk shows. A PTB really displays the rolls of...
So a couple of hours ago I hung up the phone after doing my pre-order for the trunk show sale. I also ordered a pair of Dundee's in Snuff while I had her on the phone. Now I have a strong burning desire to order Loden Dundee's. Couldn't get the Dundee in this show so maybe 2 suede would make up for it? Very well done and thanks for posting that picture. It may not be shell, but it totally works for me. And I do have some Filson in Loden so it will not take long to talk...
I have the Wilbert in both brown and black. Mine are old enough don't believe they have the poron insoles and fit TTS for me. In shoes and boots I normally have to go up half a size with poron insoles, or skip altogether. There is a gentleman on here that has at least 6 pairs of Wilbert's, think it is more. Wish I would have picked a couple more pairs when they had them in CXL. I wear my brown enough that I don't put them up, they are on my feet quite a lot. And have been...