or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Fantastic job!! Those are perfect choices in every way possible. I keep thinking that I am done purchasing shoes for awhile but If there was any cappuccino left I would copy those in a heartbeat.
QFT- I have the 258 and have been toying with the idea of the 252 for more than a couple of years. Have done well so far resisting but then again like I tell the satellite sites that I travel to coming from "the mother ship (Foundation)" resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.....
The Mac method is named after a gentleman named McArthur. He posts here on the Alden thread quite a bit and other sites around the Internet. He has one of if not the most spectacular collection of shell ever owned and keeps them highly shined using a method which is often refereed to as The Mac method. Click on this link for his (the original) version.    Basically it is water brushing. You wipe them down with a damp rag and then brush them for at least 5 minutes. Then...
Hey I've eyed that flask for years but never pulled the trigger, nice score! At the end of the day hunting over the dog in the field or woods, once the guns and dogs are put up, it is common practice to sit on the tailgate and watch the sun go down and have a small drink of dark likker shared with a friend. Wish the flask was a bit larger but smaller may be a good thing  Speaking of which on the upland bird hunting forum I frequent there is a lot of talk lately over Filson...
Those are absolutely stunning, you did a heck of a job on that make up! Congrats on your new shoes and Merry Christmas to you 
Outstanding job Doc! And you did it the right way IMO. When I had my Grand Slam Sheep Hunters made by Russell the gentleman that fitted me handed me a jar of HDLP, it is when I first learned about it. He told me about the black plastic bag to melt it in and mentioned it was on the website under shoe care. It is still there. Most of the time I end up using a heat gun to melt it in because it just doesn't get warm enough here much of the year. Supposed to be -19 F on Monday...
I don't believe SF has an official color for Filson bags  It is personal preference. My Filson color for gun case and fly rod case is tan. Otter green to me is too much like Boyt Harness cases of old which were all green similar to Filson Otter. No offense to Boyt but tan certainly says Filson, however tan is a bear to try and keep clean. My pullman is green because, well a pullman should be green. To me, and that is what is important. I check it as baggage so green helps...
 I think you will really like them mine have held up fine. TZ offers both round and flat however they are not waxed. I only purchased the flat and only 1 pair of black. I need to order some more black and plan on getting some round ones, but thinking about it for around a year now guess I actually need to DO it LOL. I will wait until you post pictures of yours with your Bayfields. But I did purchase some colored ones that I wear once in awhile in my boots. Cappuccino Shell...
 I agree. They are on closeout for $250 which is still kind of spendy for a duck boot but only half the price of a pair of Le Chameau. Never been a fan of the Bean boot and I really like and own a fair amount of Bean gear. The chain link tread is more than worthless on anything other than flat surfaces for me and the heels are so narrow and small it always felt like my ankle was going to roll. The tread on the Beans are designed for mud and to prevent build up of mud like...
Wow those turned out fantastic! Congrats on another beautiful pair of shoes