or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Damn my gf loves jazz. Me as long as it has Southern rock in it I'm OK with it  No need to provide me with tickets although I am honored to say the least. Please send me info with your information if you have time, I just checked it out and looks like they are available at the door. But if you don't mind send me a PM. We are upgraded to a blizzard warning with -50 below zero wind chill but that is why I have a 4x4. You do realize you just cost me a pair of AE's as I will...
Damn Cali, you always seem to nail your shoes and boots dead solid. Great job once again! You know I still I still don't own a pair of LWB's   You are not helping me in that regards, what beautiful shoes!
 Your a little more than an hour from me right now. Yesterday the high was -7 F but today makes up for it. Don't look now and sounds like you will miss it but high on Monday is -12 F and low of -20. Any doubt as to why I like boots so much?  The Waterfront Restaurant is one of the better places to eat in La Crosse. Last time I was there the Mississippi wasn't frozen yet and I was thinking during dinner that I could put the canoe in and float downriver and end up down...
I do not have the link but Paul has stated this several times in different places as the mission statement of AE. And one of the reasons I am a fan of AE. In addition the 1 and 5 last fit me exceptionally well, and all ~40 pair of AE's that I own have held up exceptionally well. Half of those are shell. When KMD talks I do listen. On the C&J shoes I think it important to distinguish between handgrade vs. bench grade. I have the C&J for RL Marlows in shell. They do not fit...
Thank YOU good sir! I am humbled by your statement and my procedure is not the only or maybe not even the best solution for shell, it is just what I do. It works for me and is based on the Mac method and my experiences, he is the expert in all things shell and I have studied his method extensively. AE shell is a bit different than Alden shell and experimentation has paid off for me. If I can share it and others have success with it or modifications to what I do and improve...
Once again Adam nailed it dead solid. My Daltons are walnut shell and I only wear them casually. The 5th St. I find hard to dress down. And the butyl sole works very well in the snow and rough wet weather which is an added bonus. Although if I am in the middle of nowhere with the shotgun and dog walking around moose poop (top) and wolf scat (bottom)  I prefer something a bit more substantial on my feet when the dog is taking a blow and drinking water out of my hat   Yes,...
Glad to hear it, that is outstanding! Just keep at it and eventually the rest will shine too. AE who makes these uses cream on their shell and most likely there is a lot of it on the rest of your boot which prevents a high shine. But I wouldn't hurry the process if these are your first shell, just keep at it brushing often and eventually they will glow too like the toes do now.   In my first picture mine were pretty new and no Reno just the Mac method. Mine didn't have...
And I don't blame you. Absolutely gorgeous!  Direct link to his site and instructions for both: http://mcarthurstreasures.blogspot.com/2013/02/break-in-and-shell-cordovan-care.html
Agree with this. They are my oldest shell shoes and still one of my favorites. 
No deer bone or spoon on scuffs, I used to worry a lot whenever I nicked or scuffed one of my shell shoes. But have found that over time they "self heal" for the most part but it may take several wearings and brushings. I read everything that I could find that Mac has written over the years and it has helped a lot. He talks about shinning them as soon as you take them off and I have found that shell warmed by your feet responds to brushing much better than "cold" shell. As...