or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Yes they are the Dundee in calf. FedEx just dropped off my Truffle shell Dundee's a few minutes ago so now I have to update my Dundee collection picture with the Truffle and Dark Brown. Walnut, black and #8:     On the RL website the Saunders looks like it is only a 2 eye chukka. The truffle just came out of the box with the middle eyes not laced and it looks identical to the Saunders. So hopefully soon I will be able post an updated picture with the dark brown shell,...
Most of my AE shoes are on the 1 or 5 last for me they fit identical but not for everyone. The 8 last doesn't fit me for some reason. The Malvern is a flyer because they used memory foam in it which made it smaller and tighter. I would pick the phone up and call her ASAP and order those 8E now before someone else gets it.    Outstanding job on the Whiskey and Ravello pickups and great choices! Not an easy task to find either anymore. But those 2 in a chukka are on my...
  Most certainly will. Hoping I don't have to though.
  And I also appreciate it. My bank account not so much...        1) SWAG says yes. If not Nick at B. Nelson will. And at $130 investment cost not worried about it.   2) I don't think so from looking at the profile on the website. If they don't work out then nothing lost except for time and $130 for a few days. But yes it would be nice to know and will in a few days.
  I have the tan and have been able to keep the light color by using Bicks4. If you wanted them darker you could use neatsfoot oil and they would break in even faster and be very soft. That is a great price.     Awesome!! I have never been able to get the AE chili premium wax to work on my toe caps like that. Now wondering if I shouldn't try the paste instead. Very nicely done.   Yep, and in the very rare cigar shell. Don't even think twice about it- jump on them if they...
    Like Chris I also have the Eastports and agree with what he says. They are much nicer than the others and better quality IMO, and my go to shoe in the heat of the summer. July and August I wear them almost every night when I get home from work and on most weekends. Mine took some breaking in to be comfortable but once they did are fantastic, and I expect they will hold up for a very long time. For canoeing and portage or wading wet while fly fishing I have an older...
  Agree on all points. And I saw those Tricker's too when they were posted and almost sent an email for a quote as soon as I did. Most people that regularly post here also post in other shoe threads so it shouldn't bother anyone IMO, I like AE but there are other options for the gaps they don't fill. A regular poster on here sent me a PM last month because he knows my shoe size and saw a great deal on a pair of C&J shell wingtips which I did score. The CEO of AE says that...
  I do not have the Long Branch but do have the Cascade which has the same tread and sole. I considered the Long Branch but Mario is right, a man CAN have too many wingtips LOL. And much to my surprise the Cascade is the only shoe or boot that my secretary has ever commented on saying they were a very fashionable shoe, go figure. From the top view the lugs are not that noticeable until you cross your legs without a table in front of you. And those that have seen the soles...
  I have the Strands in walnut shell and they are a size 10D like all the other shoes I own (except rough collection shoes) on the 5 last. I also have the Black Hills and they fit the same as my Strands but are a 9.5D. So in theory those Black Hills should work for you, or at least be very close. I use Obenauf's HDLP on my Black Hills so that I can use them as a casual and foul weather shoe, and they serve that purpose perfectly. HDLP might help cover that scratch up some...
  A man can never have enough boots, wingtips, or brown shoes IMO. However for the first time I don't see a single thing in the newly released shoes that I need to have. I hear you.   I think the group originally asked for a natural split reverse welt sole which we were told was not available. My thought was the same as yours so I asked what natural soles were available    The Leeds are my workhorse shoes and I can't imagine going without them. The black calf Leeds was my...