Posts by Cold Iron

Yeah I know you did. And I for one am very glad to have you aboard! Just gets my dander up that someone else that USED to post here but hasn't in more like a year or more refuses to admit what started all this uproar and that price was a driving factor. Or the value he received. And all he can say is huh? Actually he has said enough and so have I. Guess he can make his own facts up, oh well. Being a 9.5 on the Barrie and 10 on most other lasts I try to hit the Alden...
Rhetoric? OK lets deal with some facts then. The only reason you came over here to start with is someone posted on the Alden thread that AE had a selection of suede shoes more reasonably priced than Alden which are $500. So you and several others came to the AE Appreciation thread, and several have stayed and are looking at other AE offerings. Which I think is great. You picked up a pair for ~$200 IIRC and said you get what you pay for. No you got more than you paid...
It will not mess them up if you use the right spray. I use Bickmore Gard-More which is silicon free. You want to protect your suede and after the fact it is too late IME. Congrats on the Townley's, and that is one heck of a price! I have the Patriot in brown shell and it is the first loafer that has ever fit me. They have fairly low reviews on the AE website because they are too tight for many people. However that "weakness" is their strength for me. I really like them, a...
Option B, and my first thought... But how many wingtips does a man need? Never mind, that is an illogical statement, right up there with how many boots does he need. There will not be any truffle left from little there is at this rate! Nice score. 
jvc44 thanks for the PSA on the Townley's, they are great and at $300 for shell an unbelievable deal. However seeing how I suffer from AEAD - Allen Edmonds Acquisition Disorder it may cost me more like $1,000 when it is all done, provided things go well. And I had the same thought as well..... With CXL Bayfield:     About a year ago someone posted a picture of a burgundy shell Bayfield that was custom made (top):   And doing some digging found a post on AAAC from Dec...
Good choice on the shell PA! And an even better price, that is $10 more than retail on the calf ones. I hope they turn out well for you. Well done bucksfan, sometimes I almost forget that you have calf too :)   Great job on that coat and I really like that lining. Assuming this is the same tailor that did your sharkskin suit you are a very lucky man to have such a great tailor.  Nice first post! And great collection you have going. From a poll I saw on AAAC  it is common...
Glad to see this thread get back on track, and love the recent pictures!! Although MWS and KMD as always provided a lot of great reading, and when I have time I might still add my 2 Cents worth. Or not. I also use the Jeffersonvillle Outlet exclusively for seconds, they are great in my experience. And have a sale going until 4/30 where you get 20% off one item per day. That puts shell seconds at $360. I think it is time for me to get an updated list of what is...
No face to face meetings today and April showers will lead to another half a foot of more snow soon so....   It is a Cascade's type of day.
The best one is the one that you like the best..... The Strand is a perf captoe shortwing hybrid and the McAllister is a traditional shortwing. If you search the AE website using wingtip there are even more options available than you listed, including the MacNeil which is a LWB. Limiting it to your 2 choices I have the Strand in walnut shell and McAllister in walnut calf. There is also the shell version of the McAllister, the Cambridge, which I have in burgundy shell. In...
LOL nice post! And then after more than 19,000 people watch it change your mind. Patrick when your done with the Reno will you please pass it over here? ;-)     Sensationalism Hound your statement is False. You don't know where parts of your uppers were stitched together. And obviously do not understand manufacturing workflow and business, let alone an even bigger picture that exists. In addition to trying to keep the cost of your product to $150 or less than the Chinese...