or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Yes that would be correct. The #8 is a numbering system that Horween who supplies the shell uses. It is the most common color of shell in the reddish brown family. There is also #6, #4, and #2 in that color family but they are very rare. Especially #2.
Heard back from the AE rep and it will be several more days before we will know if they will bring back shoes from the dead for us. So not a lost cause yet, hopefully by the end of the week we will hear something and I will post as soon as I do know. Speaking of group buys got my brown shell Leeds with natural welt today. Only a quick brush so far need to give some love to them when I get some free time from work, which isn't easy right now:       Totally Agree!!! And...
I'm going in most part by what Nick Horween posted on AAAC which is very little and I have done a lot of research on it, that seems to be the only knowledge base I have found. And I would hope that you PLEASE DO post some pictures for a comparison! The Alden Ravello at first were a disappointment to me. They were almost a perfect match for my walnut chukkas which was not what I was expecting... However after just a short time in the real world with UV the red is really...
  I also own the C&J for RL Marlow shell but find the fit typical of most European shoes and my feet, less than satisfactory. However I do love that shell color also.   Nick Horween calls it dark cognac as did RL before they switched to the name Marlow and the name to dark brown. It is Horween shell #449. It is also the same color as AE brown cordovan, not dark brown, and recently added as an option on the Park Ave. Strand, Norwich and Patriot. It is also the same color...
I have a feeling that 10 people for this one will not be a problem so sent an email to find out if it is even possible. When I can get details will post them, starting with if it is even a possibility.     This is really good advice IMO and true for me too. Although I will wear walnut shell with grey because it is darker than calf walnut. I know not everyone wears suits and I wear suits a lot less each year, but it is something to keep in mind if you do.
I'd be willing to take it on this time. Think I was the only one that ended up with the group buy last time and they should be here on Wednesday. Supposed to have at least 10 people in on it, at least that is what the deal was last time but they still honored it for me. Not sure on a discontinued shoe if it is even possible however. Soho or Evanston in bourbon is that the general consensus and who is in? For real.
    That is because English Setters are everywhere, and the breeders want the hunting titles to stand out from the rest of the pack. Those are some great pictures especially the water retrieve by a Setter! Not something you see every day.  And very few MH titles for any breed at the end of the day truth be told.   The REAL question with English Setters however is… Llewellin or Ryman!! At least among those that actually hunt. In the early 80’s I went with a Ryman from...
Yes. And get a Dillon for pistol loading and never look back. Still use the old rock chucker purchased in the late 70's for rifle and Mec 9000's with an automate for shotgun.   Components can be hard to find from time to time especially primers so stock up when you can. 
You got to be careful of that good Bourbon! Good luck, most of my transactions with the shoe bank has resulted in outstanding pairs of shoes.   Looks like today was another one of those days for shinning shoes, and a lot of great pictures!! Of course I got the bug too, go figure. Nothing but a damp rag and lots of brushing. First time for this picture, 3 AE walnut shells. Never mind the Alden Ravello at the end it is an imagination of the figmentation.... And they needed...
I agree and also have the Brooks 7. But the Sizzle is much better at posting real life pics than I am!   Like he said they are very close to the fit of the 5 last IMO. I would go with which ever size you wear on the 5, they are a very comfortable shoe. But I'll have to wait a few months to wear them where I now live. Wait a minute.... when is St. Patrick's day?!?