or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

And I do too, most of them. Hard to get past the feathers on some of those hunting breeds even though it would be classified as breed standard by the AKC.   It is a fine line IMO and not sure what the answer is. You need a breed standard to maintain the breed. But I think the point of man interfering too much is the main issue. The standards seem to keep growing and even changing based on the judges opinion which is subjective at some point. The dogs temperament is also...
  Don't quit trying to find a pair that don't bow then. It really isn't that complex and AE customer service couldn't be any easier to deal with.     I think the numbers game is most likely true. I had a pair of shell Bradley's on the 1 last that both shoes bowed. Sent them back and on the replacements one shoe bowed so sent those back. Also had a pair of Clifton's on the 8 last that bowed. Went through 4 pair of Clifton's trying to find a size that fit but my foot...
I do not disagree. For quite a few years the Toller has been up for entry into the AKC but many in the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever Club (USA) didn't want it, for that very reason. Seen enough hunting breeds ruined because of the AKC over the years. And then Field Trials supposedly took their place so that we could keep the hunter in the breed instead of looks for "the show". But it didn't take long for man to screw that up too and soon dogs were running hundreds of...
Correct. But having done mirror shines for 20 years and chewing ass on someone that doesn't only paste wax will work for what I would call a true shine.   Depends on the shoes, leather, protection desired and what you want for an overall finish. Crappy weather today and no need for a suit. Brown Wilbert's are several years old and have never seen anything other than LL. And keep getting better with age.  
Outstanding advice IMO. And they will develop a natural patina that mechanical\friction burnishing or chemical (cream\polish) will never duplicate. It is even more dramatic on light brown shoes and boots.
  And I agree, Very nicely done and well thought out purchases! And so are your Exotic Leathers. Thank you very much for the great pictures.   I just ordered the PA in black shell a week or so ago and wish I would have done it sooner. 
  I know that NYC (Madison) does. When I ordered the Ravello chukka last week I asked about returns because I have some concerns over the Barrie last and my narrow heels, but I'm going to try my best to make them work. Had a hard time hearing him but it was either 10 days or 2 weeks full refund then something else after that for 30 days if i understood him correctly.
Nice Job and looking good! Love mine both the cigar color and fit. Over time and brushing the shine should even out on the toes. Our program is similar except I use a wool sock instead of cotton and finish with a nylon stocking with my hand in the foot area. And of course a brush and water brushing from time to time. Good luck on your shake down cruise, that is when I always seem to do the most damage to mine for some reason, likely because I am thinking about it. Wearing...
Dang it I'm the most common size in men's shoes. I just want them to go to a good home and there is no doubt in my mind you would do that.    Most exotic leather experts recommend Venetian Shoe Cream for Bison. I don't care for how hard it is to get VC out of the pebble leather so use Obenauf's leather oil. I have used Obenhauf's HDLP on my BB bison boots but it is hard to get it into the leather, it leaves a white residue on top much like VC. I use saddle soap to clean...
Let's try this again. What size foot do you have? No I will not sell you mine. But if you are the correct size I will give them to you. Nothing wrong with them but there is only so much room in the closet. And I almost never wear them, have only wore them a few times.   Like I said Bison leather is tough, it can handle it. But they are unlined and uninsulated so if you want to wear them when it is colder you will want to size up and wear thicker socks. And they are snug...