or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

I missed those earlier horsey, Very Nice! If I was an 8E I would be emailing the shoebank right now. Enjoy.    Dundee in Walnut Shell, you can try the MTO program. JubeiSpiegel has mentioned it helps to work with a SA at an AE store, that would be my first shot. Or....   I'm thinking that would be an outstanding idea and likely generate a lot of interest bucksfan. If AE would play that is, and they seem pretty easy to work with. I really wish I did but have no...
For me it was a special case, however I think JubeiSpiegel has a pair of truffle Dundee's on order with the natural sole. I received my walnut with natural soles yesterday, still waiting on the truffle. I ordered the truffle with dark brown soles and am going to see if I can switch to natural. As JubeiSpiegel has proven already he has a natural ability for matching colors, etc. And I am sorely lacking in that department. I like the walnut with natural soles the best so...
I'm sorry for the loss Teger, never is easy. No hurry on getting another dog and you will know when the time is right. There are a lot more dogs out there needing a home than there are good dog owners like you.   We had a beagle springer mix that was the family dog for 17 years, a rescue dog that the wife picked up when we lived in Asheville NC. She was basically a beagle in personality though. About 4 years ago my wife of 25 years decided to leave us to go find...
  Thanks for your help, they do look great and no regrets!    If the others were a 12D I'd send them your way and sort it all out later LOL.     According to Barbra a CS rep who has been at AE for 30 years it is because the Malvern has memory foam in it. It is a strange fitting beast and I could not get it to work either.
  I use a nylon stocking for all my shoes shell and calf, before I put them away and when I pull them out again. It only takes a few seconds for each shoe. It was my secret weapon in the military for 20 years. I would tell my men that how they obtained the stocking was up to them. But asking a lady for her stockings was not exactly the best pick up line out of the gate. at least a respectable and sober lady. As a closer after you talk for awhile, that is a different...
  Thank you very much for the detailed information on the 744. I am afraid that we likely have a very strong similarity in boot style, but I will know for sure in a couple of weeks when I get back home. The shoebank did have a pair in my size for $399 so I ordered them. They are having a 20% off sale on all boots right now but not these unfortunately. I have a pair of AE Benton shoes and they are my least favorite AE shoe, the too short toe cap is part of the reason. But...
  Very nice. I wish they had those with chest and belly protectors, I'd have one in a heart beat. I have had the Filson collar and lead for quite a few years now. Of course they are great and have held up well to rough conditions.
  You did good... It was just made and released less than a month ago so I'm going to email the shoebank just in case they have a pair in my size. General consensus seems to be that they are not cursed with the "blobby" toe like the other ones, but still have a somewhat tall toe box compared to many other boots. Thanks.
    Saw a pair of the 721 at the AE store in Minneapolis around a year ago and stared at them for a long time. No matter how much I stared at them I couldn't feel the love. In fact it got worse the more I looked at them and the poor wingtip design had a lot to do with it. The 744 is the captoe, not the wingtip. Was it this one (744 Limited that Mario mentioned) that you guys saw? I didn't even know these existed.  
  Looks like a hell of a jacket, if it was just a little bit longer... I've had the Outfitters XL bag in my cart 3 times today. But so far have resisted the "need" and keep deleting it. Think I'm going to regret it in the morning.