or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Totally with you on that.     I agree with the others, do it. But will also defer any and all Tux questions to Adam.    Use good paste wax not AE premium polish or a cream. When you think they are ready wear them in public where other professionals will be and compare them. Not to other men's shoes as you likely will not find many if any men with black shoes polished to a high shine. However females often wear black patent leather shoes, when your shine and glow match...
I would also be one of those with the McAllister in Walnut. For burgundy I went with the Cambridge in #8 shell which is basically the shell version of the McAllister. It is one of my favorite shoes and sees a good amount of use. I highly recommend the Cambridge instead for burgundy. Although there is nothing wrong with the calf McAllister either.   Cambridge last spring:
  Thank you good sir, the validation is much appreciated. And coming from you respected. I just responded to them and declined.
  Yeah I got that too, been thinking about it over the night. My concern with that sole is that it is too thick and will make the Leeds much more casual. One of the things I appreciate about the Leeds is that they are versatile and I'm afraid that sole would restrict it to informal use only. The thinner natural welt soles like the ones that are on my walnut shell Dundee's are what I was looking for. What are your (or anyone else's) thoughts on it?
 Aye... the Rock Chucker, Dillon and all my Mec's are hungry beasts that must be fed....
Patrick did an outstanding job comparing some boots compared to the 1K earlier. I was going to do the same but will sum it up by saying when people ask me what is the best boot I usually respond with saying it starts with the one that fits you the best. Support, traction, etc. follow that. In my case the 1k boots I own seem to fit better than almost any other boot that I own. For this style of boot I like the term Semi Dress that White uses or Heritage that Crane's uses....
  Uh Oh I'll add to the confusion then. I am a 10D in AE 1 and 5 last, and most AE lasts except the rough collection which all 3 are a 9.5D. My 744 is a 10D and fits perfectly but for the Krause I went down to a 9.5D which fits identical to the 744. My understanding is that the Krause fits like the original 1K which I do not own (yet). By fitting perfectly I am talking wearing a lightweight or mid weight Smart Wool hiking sock with them.   Will post later in the 1k thread...
  You Nefarious Seafarer bastage!! Sorry retired Navy and that is a very old handle... Serious about those 3 bison boots, hardly worn..    Enjoy your new boots. I'm sick with the flu, will post some pictures soon when I feel better and the sun comes out comparing them to C&J Marlow Cigar shell, AE dark brown shell and AE Walnut shell boots. The 744's are awesome, couple of weeks ago I wore them in Az. in the desert and mountains for a week and have actually worn them...
  YELL!! Unless they are a 10D then you should still get them and I will trade you 3 pairs of bison boots for them. BB, AE Yuma, and Bean.   Seriously.... I am a boot whore and the 744's are one of my most favorite boots that I own. And I own a lot of boots. If you like the looks of them jump on them and I don't think you will regret it.     Wonder what you would do with a pair of real steel toed work boots to save weight? Most ridge running woodchucks know by the age of...
  I have 2 dark brown Dundee's and still waiting on that to be sorted out but the ball has been in my court and not AE's. Based on your acquisition of those Dalton's I'd say don't give up and put the hunt down for some walnut and truffle. You will not regret it.   With black and #8 shell last fall: