Posts by Cold Iron

The 7 last also works for my narrow low volume foot. The Manchester was the first loafer to fit me (Patriot second) after years of trying and is one of my favorite summer shoes.  The only thing that would make them better is if they were available in shell.
 I tried to like this post more than once but it wouldn't let me, the BBS system needs fixed LOL. Has been just over 20 years since I went through dot mil to dot civ classes. It does take some deprogramming. They have different retired people come in and give their personal experiences and those helped a lot as much or more than how to get a job in the "new world" that was preached. Nothing like personal experience. Dot civ is a scary place with a young family and your in...
Just did my first one with Dab the other night and feel like it was a huge victory when he accepted my first offer at 60%. I could see how he could be addicting so am sorry, can't send any help from here!
I have scuffed up more than my fair share of boots and shoes, calf, cow and CXL. IME the best approach to taking care of them is 1) first treat with Bick 4 or saphir renovateur 2) Use cream of the proper color. If natural leather that does not polish or CXL then saphir renovateur or VSC if that is what trips your trigger. 3) then shoe polish Has worked for me very well. Speed hooks vs. eyelets is a common debate not only here but other places. I am fan of speed hooks and...
Resistance is futile... You will be assimilated! Not sure who was more surprised when I ended up wearing tassel loafers me or people on here. Under the right circumstances they are one of my favorites now. But have always liked PTB, chukkas and the Dundee with 3 eyelets. Never been a fan of those 2 eyelet Desert Boots, Clarks or otherwise. Captoe boots, perf captoe, etc. But AE can twist some of the designs too far, and often do to the point they are broken. Worked my way...
How to redeem your Coupon:1. Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions.)2. Pay for your item with PayPal by 11:59 PM PST on March 11, 20173. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: C20HELLOSPRING Terms & Conditions:The Coupon is a 20% discount off a minimum purchase of $25, valid until 11:59 PM PST on 3/11/17. The Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of $50. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of an...
Yes most of the time, I have several around the house. And some even say AE on them what the heck they were free. Well except for the cost of the shoes...No I don't worry too much about a couple of days outside the trees. Well not any more and thank you for the heads up. Just got my snuff dundee's today for goodness sakes too. First time dealing with favorite ebayer but read on here to offer 60% of his listing price so did. And he accepted. With the 20% off coupon came in...
My suede Dundee's just came about half an hour ago, wearing them now. They fit me well about the same as my shell ones, very happy. Was afraid they were going to be like the Malverin's from 5-6 years ago when they first started playing with poron and couldn't get a decent fit. My left foot is slightly larger than my right foot too which is common actually. Sounds like it may not be length as much as ball of foot placement etc. Which is good because you can not stretch a...
My first pair of AE shoes are black calf Leeds. Have 2 other pairs in shell and a third shell from the trunk show coming. You would not believe how many times I have the same exact thing. I still take them out for a spin every couple of months to show them that I still appreciate them though. I was hoping that the rumors of the new Dainite soles being better than the old were true but sounds like that is not the case. That is somewhat of a show stopper for me.  I lived in...
Macneil in blue shell and chili edge is my first thought too. I know how they fit my foot, awesome! But I can see retirement on the horizon. Don't have it in my sights yet but it is coming at me pretty fast my second and last retirement. Have enough wings, long short and perfs. Not that I won't wear them once I am retired but can bet money it will not be as much as a PTB. If not for that blue shell MacNeil's would already be ordered. Still I can't help but think about...