or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Dang it I'm the most common size in men's shoes. I just want them to go to a good home and there is no doubt in my mind you would do that.    Most exotic leather experts recommend Venetian Shoe Cream for Bison. I don't care for how hard it is to get VC out of the pebble leather so use Obenauf's leather oil. I have used Obenhauf's HDLP on my BB bison boots but it is hard to get it into the leather, it leaves a white residue on top much like VC. I use saddle soap to clean...
Let's try this again. What size foot do you have? No I will not sell you mine. But if you are the correct size I will give them to you. Nothing wrong with them but there is only so much room in the closet. And I almost never wear them, have only wore them a few times.   Like I said Bison leather is tough, it can handle it. But they are unlined and uninsulated so if you want to wear them when it is colder you will want to size up and wear thicker socks. And they are snug...
Leather Lotion is almost always safe, it is the conditioner part of the Conditoner/Cleaner. I use it on my Wilbert's to prevent darkening the contrast stitching and also a few other things, it works great on belts and bridle leather. I now use Bickmore Bicks 4 which appears to be the same thing as LL but you can get a huge bottle at any tack shop for cheap. CC has cleaners added to it and will sometimes lift the dye off the top and spread it to other areas like white...
After a couple of months the fit and feel is great!  I wear black superfeet inserts in them as I do almost all my shoes and boots so can't tell you about arch support. With the SF insoles they work perfect, at least for my foot. I really do like the Krause a lot. Because they are made with Horween Dublin leather they are a bit dressier IMO and more a semi-dress than work boot. I got the tan which was a bit lighter than I wanted so used Saphir medium brown cream to darken...
Yes the Yuma would be fine. You wouldn't want to wade through a stream of water with them but for what your describing they should hold up just fine. I own 3 pair of Bison leather boots including the Yuma. Bison leather is very tough yet light and supple. Not as light as Roo hide but close. The soles on the Yuma are fairly thin and without a shank they feel more like a stalking boot to me. They also are fairly snug so you might want to keep that in mind if you want to...
With all the great and recent Ravello chukka pictures that I have been so jealous of I forgot that a few of them came from Alden NYC. They now have one less pair in stock, I just took the last ones in 9.5D, THANK YOU! 
Understand the feeling. I ordered the Ravello chukka from TSM last Thursday and on Friday the status switched to new. Been checking the status 3 times a day since. Last night status switched to cancelled. I'm crushed......
No I haven't, knock on wood. They do push out a lot on my unlined walnut shell Dalton's which I wore yesterday and it used to concern me some that they would cut through to the outside, however after more than a years wear no problems. I have 3 shoe boxes full of insoles I have collected over the years and they are easily the hardest ones. The next hardest ones are an old pair of green superfeet inserts that you cut to length. The harder the insole the better support they...
    Same here. I purchased the Woodlore boot trees for my walnut shell Daltons but ended up using those for other boots and use the epic in my Dalton's. And most of my boots and shoes for that matter.   I have the same issue narrow heels and no arch, on my left foot it has flattened totally over the years. I have custom orthotics both for boots and half length thinner ones for dress which cost $400 for each set. Couple of years ago was in an AE store and they sell black...
  This. I sipped on the SF Kool-Aid for awhile so hesitated getting the PA thinking the captoe may be too short. During the recent sale picked up the BB version of the PA for $129.50 to use in bad weather, figured couldn't go wrong. I was shocked, in real life the cap toe is just about perfect IMO. In fact I ordered the black shell version last week once I saw how nice it was. For the perf captoe may go with the Alden for BB however. Not because of the cap toe, but...