Posts by Cold Iron

Yeah like some of the AE shell several people have reported a fair amount of cream on the Marlow's, especially lately. Pretty sure it is the cream that is causing the lack of shine. Alden's normally have some wax on them from the factory and that helps with the shine, or at least I think that is what causes the difference.   Not really enough light in this picture to see clearly it was cloudy but you can get some idea. As you know you need full sun to really tell the...
Thanks! And yes I will see about taking pictures if possible.   The MTO I am working on is something that likely wouldn't seem like much to most people. Like bucksfan said after awhile your shoe collection becomes more strategic. For awhile now I have been working on acquiring a boot, chukka and shoe in each shell color that AE offers or has offered. The Dundee's (chukka) were the first to be completed. She said many people at the factory remembered them as it isn't...
So got a call from the SWAT team late yesterday about a MTO that I'm requesting which is difficult to fill. But they are trying hard to do it, even to the point that they are going to talk to Skip Horween about it this week. I asked her to tell Skip to keep that shell flowing in the doors of AE and she laughed and said you bet!     She also said I must have a lot of pictures of my shoes on that Style site from some of the requests coming in from my friends there ....
Those look awesome!!   My thought was the same as yours that the Gwinnett is on the 5 last and I hope to pick up a pair this fall. Then again I need a dark brown and black shell boot yet. Hmmm...
Speaking of eBay a couple of the fall release boots are out there now in 9D. Including the Gwinnett which is going to be part of the Independence Collection       http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-UNRELEASED-STYLE-Allen-Edmonds-Independence-Gwinnett-9D-/290920880305?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item43bc3c58b1
And same experience and same sizes here also. No mystery why 10D and 9.5D Barrie are so hard to come by and usually the first to sell out!!
  LOL very well played indeed!    There is a flip side to that coin.... After more than 40 years of fly fishing I have almost as many fly rods as I do shoes and boots. A couple of years ago the g/f wanted to learn how to fly fish so I took some time to teach her then went to a pond that was just stocked with trout and she caught and released 30 fish in a couple of hours. I created a monster. She wants her own rods of course even though I have many and she currently has 4....
I would like to think that I am not a compulsive shoe buyer, I have a very well laid out plan at least for shell. But even with that the "want" list it is still fairly long. I sure hope that there is no support group outside of SF! It might interfere with my goals. I store mine in the closet on shoe racks that I custom built without bags on them. Well 2 closets actually. I am a visual person and need to see them to decide what to wear and admit that I like the smell of...
One of the female SA at the AE store I have been to wears walnut Dalton boots. And yes there is something about a female wearing dress boots like that looks hot. Very much so!   Congrats on the new shoes gentlemen! Once you get started and used to wearing them it is hard to stop or go back to anything else. At least it was for me. Wear in good health!   Oh be afraid, very afraid . I was too in the beginning. After awhile once your hooked you start to look for the next one...
Talked to our friends at Jeffersonville Ohio Outlet today and wanted to remind everyone that the sale ends on the 27th. There were a couple new shell shoes added to the list in my size compared to the last time I got one a few weeks ago. Now I just have to make up my mind which ones....   jville@allenedmonds.com (740)-948-9033 Outstanding selections and congrats on the new shoes! I hope they turn out well for you. What a great job PhiPsi32 and congrats! I agree with you...