or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Yep, anything that works in my book! Recently realized I had 13 pair of shell and while I'm not superstitious 14 would be a better number so ordered the PA in black shell last week. You found it. Wait, I think we would be called enablers.... I also have the Krause and 744's, nice pickups on both accounts! There is a flyer in the picture but for comparison of the tan vs. your burgundy Krause.   On some shoes and boots I actually prefer the different colors, it screams...
I am most impressed!! A few others come close but that is fantastic.   Before I retired from the service I had to go through a class on how to become a civilian again which including job interviewing, how to dress, not cussing at people etc. One of the teachers suggested grabbing at least 1 pair of AE shoes through the military exchange as they were the best shoe ever made and we could get a decent discount on them. Because I was retiring and still eligible for shopping...
  This has been my experience too, I do not own a deer bone but thinking maybe it is time to get one. I use my fingers as mentioned above. I totally agree that shell will heal almost like a living material over time with work, it is one of the things I like about it. Also beware that Reno on cuts that are deep will turn shell or leather dark black, and it may not lighten up. With lighter colored shell after doing the water brushing I prefer to start with a thin layer of...
Whiskey chukkkas, sigh.   Provided the Barrie last works for me the Ravello will be my 6th pair of shell chukka's. All different colors leaving out only cigar and whiskey. Using my cigar 744's and C&J for RL to compare cigar to my existing colors it would make sense to fill in the color gap for my 7th and what I'm thinking will be my final pair of shell chukka's with cigar. But that whiskey is so beautiful..... In the end I suspect it will depend on availability more than...
  Thank you good sir, I just did. Was surprised to see they were still available to be honest, I expected them to be gone every time I went back. Fingers crossed.
  Very Nice! I have had those in my cart twice a day for the last couple of days. I have hesitated to pull the trigger because they are only 2 eyes and several on here even recently have mentioned slippage and a loose fit. And I have no idea how the Barrie last will fit me except to start half a size down. For my first Alden's I could see those fitting perfectly into my collection, close to truffle but not quite. Your thoughts?
Kristle, the manager at the Jeffersonville, OH seconds store who started the  "great Jeffersonville boot riot of '12", asked me to say that in addition to the flyer sales that:   LaSalle’s are also $134.50 And all golf shoes are $169 Park Avenues $219   If you don't have a regular SA I can not recommend her enough. You can call her at  (740) 948 9033   I love those, very beautiful!! Turns out they also have suede and black but those are the first ones I would like to pick...
  They look outstanding and congrats!!    I think stupid comfortable is the best term I have heard to describe them and I agree. And get more so with age.   No they don't say what is wrong with them but you can return them if you don't like them. So your only out a $273 if you don't like them. Don't you have a phone call to make?!?!   Dead Nuts on all points, nice job.   To add to the description of shell this sums it up nicely IMO.
Just got the latest seconds list for 10D. There is now a pair of walnut shell Strands on it for $373.15
The Jefferson is calf, part of the Independence collection which is an upgrade over the standard calf McAllister. But yes it is the McAllister with the upgrades and it is a great shoe as is the McAllister. The shell version of the McAllister is the Cambridge and one of my favorites.