or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

I asked a SA last week that question and he told me that he would likely know about the same time that we will. He also mentioned that AE had a good supply of shell in 2 new colors, but didn't know what colors. I had never talked to him before and not sure about the validity of his statement. But if true.... I'm holding off on purchasing anything else for awhile just in case.
Yes, and no. I now have 6 pair of shell chukka's in different shell colors. They are my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow so to speak. However I will never let chukka's be at or more than 50% of my total shell collection. Boots, that is a different story LOL. I have 10 years to retire and the chukka's are the ones most likely to be worn past retirement, at least in my case and of course provided I make it that far. I have had a love affair with chukka's for a very...
  The same thought has crossed my mind....   Yes on both boots. However not as bad as a riding boot or even what I see some on some of the custom White's. I think a half sole would balance it out perfectly. But I've put a lot of miles on my 744's as they are and don't think twice any more about it.   Today in honor of Storm Q:     LaCrosse felt lined snow pacs while running the snow blower.   Absolutely 100% my view too.   Just got an email from Kristal at Jeffersonville...
  I normally see this when a polish that is darker than the original shoe color is used. The creasing exposes the lighter natural color of the shoe as the polish flakes off. AE walnut polish is darker than the true color of the shoes, which is why many SA recommend cognac instead. If you don't mind me asking what color\type of polish are you using on them? In any event still a great looking shoe!
And thank you very much for the PM good sir!   I have the Walnut Shell Strand's and the toe caps are dark, close enough to the Brown Shell Strand's that purchasing them would be redundant for me. Great shoe, and I think a great choice. Yes I have some AE with new and old finish. The newer I like a lot more for the most part. However I have to admit that neither one compares to the Alden glossy finish, however that is based only on one pair. But judging by the comments of...
  Sitting here with my first pair of Aldens on right now which just came tonight. Chukkas (of course!) in Ravello ... And love them. But the truffle (AKA:cappucino) is outstanding to say the least.
MZhammer in Mn. you can never have too many boots IMO! And the 5th Street is a great boot which I also own. Nice pickup!  Uh Oh... If this is the Dalton in Cappuccino size 10D PLEASE hit me with a PM with contact info on purchasing. I have the Dalton in walnut shell and the Cappuccino Dalton's must have been a custom MTO. I have 3 AE walnut shell shoes\boots but only 1 in cappuccino which I love. But try not to have any favorites . Kick myself HARD for not picking up the...
And I do too, most of them. Hard to get past the feathers on some of those hunting breeds even though it would be classified as breed standard by the AKC.   It is a fine line IMO and not sure what the answer is. You need a breed standard to maintain the breed. But I think the point of man interfering too much is the main issue. The standards seem to keep growing and even changing based on the judges opinion which is subjective at some point. The dogs temperament is also...
  Don't quit trying to find a pair that don't bow then. It really isn't that complex and AE customer service couldn't be any easier to deal with.     I think the numbers game is most likely true. I had a pair of shell Bradley's on the 1 last that both shoes bowed. Sent them back and on the replacements one shoe bowed so sent those back. Also had a pair of Clifton's on the 8 last that bowed. Went through 4 pair of Clifton's trying to find a size that fit but my foot...
I do not disagree. For quite a few years the Toller has been up for entry into the AKC but many in the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever Club (USA) didn't want it, for that very reason. Seen enough hunting breeds ruined because of the AKC over the years. And then Field Trials supposedly took their place so that we could keep the hunter in the breed instead of looks for "the show". But it didn't take long for man to screw that up too and soon dogs were running hundreds of...