or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Reno. I have used Renomat on a pair of shell Leeds and followed up right away with Reno, but feel safer with using just Reno.
First used Reno rubbing in small circles pressing hard. After the rag turned black I'd move my finger to a new spot and do it again. As soon as I finished the shoe I took a rag and made it a bit wetter than the start of the Mac method and wiped the whole shoe down and the rag turned black. Then a few minutes brushing. Did that twice. Once they were clean I spent 4 nights in a row starting with a damp rag and 10 minutes brushing per shoe and 5 minutes with the microfiber...
I think many of us are starting to understand how important stripping down to the shell and not using too much product is the way to go. Even when new. I finally got my new black shell PA down to the shell this weekend. Patrick in another thread had mentioned microfiber polishing cloths to buff. I buy the Amazon microfiber clothes in packs of 48 to use as rags on the vehicle and around the house, figured why not try them to finish stripping. It did a fantastic job and...
Just Beautiful...     I've always liked that article too. And Namor has one on his website with Alden shoes in San Fran that have been on display. Nick warns that doing it for too long can let the underlying nature of the shell show through...
You do realize that there are NO GMO Strawberries commercially grown anywhere in the world don't you? So you still have not done a side by side comparison. Funny that you should bring up the Strawberry because the anti GMO crowd always uses it and so many false emails have circulated the internet about it that Strawberry farms have had to start defending themselves and posting information on their websites to set the facts straight,such as this producer in...
  Yes. And no. And if I wanted milk in the 70's I just went down to the bulk tank and dipped it out. In fact it was one of my chores every 2 days. NY was second in dairy production only to Wi. until those happy cows in Ca. took over.    We do not live in just a local community any more when it comes to food, damn I can't believe I just said that. But today the first ship of the season is headed to Duluth now that the ice is almost out and will be heading out soon with...
I hadn't heard of a food Co-Op since the 70's until I started dating a lady that worked at one 3 years ago. She now lives with me and I've slowly been able to get her to open her mind. Most food Co-Ops are still very much in the hippie generation and strongly think along those lines. And everyone I have ever met that has worked in one HATES Monsanto. Which started and always comes back to the fact that they produce Roundup. But when you try to get a decent answer why that...
Aye. And can't believe I am even replying to this thread LOL.    Rubber boots are the best choice for waterproof and exposure to urine and shit. Also work well to provide scent control when you need to get within kissing distance of a big game animal to stick an arrow into it so you can eat. RM Grand Slam Sheep Hunters with HDLP also work well. I have found that when killing things they really don't care so much about your style and what the hell your wearing. Engage the...
Yep and I agree with this totally. First thing I do when I get new AE shell is strip the factory cream off.   For decades shell meant #8, and most all men just used black polish on them, and a few blue polish. Too much gunks them up but a little now and then helps get the patina a bit faster so you end up with that "Black Cherry" look. Time and brushing.
Wow am I out of the loop! I retired a few years before you came in  But still have 10 years to go in Civ World working before I'm really retired for good. I've been out long enough now that when I see shoes with leather exposed and no polish I find it easier to fight the urge to walk over to them and say "How about standing a little closer to the Kiwi next time!"   You certainly know how to take care of your shoes no matter who makes them. The ability to have a good shoe...