or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

I have them on the 744 LTD shell boots and love them. In fact they are so good I don't think that I'm going to bother putting Vibram lug half soles on them. On the other hand the 5th St. Boot also has them and they are totally different. Not sure if it was a bad batch or what but they are very soft and pick up stones and rocks badly. There are some large boulders in here:   And use the serrated edge of a butter knife to clean them up, it leaves some large craters: These...
    I'm a 10D on the 1 last including shell Daltons. But I'm also a 10D on the 5 last with the exception of the rough collection shoes. The shell Patriot in 10D fits me perfectly. I have a low volume foot, not sure if that helps or not.
  Same here, except went with the Arabic instead of Roman numbers on the PRC 200. Hey it was even cheaper....   With some of that money saved I plan on picking up a Natural Shell watch band. Well OK so I bought the watch as excuse to buy the watch band:     http://www.mitchell-leather.com/Custom_Watches.html
The dark brown is front row, bottom in the picture I posted of the Dundee's. Truffle next to it at the top front.   I haven't taken a picture of my brown Patriot's with other brown shoes yet. But here is the 744 which AE made for Wolverine and Horween calls Dark Cognac or in house #449. There are some rumors floating around that it is the same color as the brown shell strand. As you can see it fits the rainbow perfectly. I already have the Strand in walnut shell and mine...
Once again I agree with everything you said bucksfan, and very well said as always.   Walnut is the lightest of the brown shell colors AE offers although shell isn't always perfect or the same color every batch, it varies. Here is a picture of the samples they sent me:   And a picture of the Dundee in every shell color offered by AE that I am aware of.  
  What a great collection and picture, as are all of yours. I too wondered about the color difference and ordered the brown shell Patriot for the same reason. I am very interested in your thoughts once you have the Dark Brown Dundees in hand to compare. You know we could have tackled customer service with that question instead, but I kind of liked the idea as an excuse to order another pair better.   I wasn't comfortable replying back to your post on the other thread as...
There was a thread on AAAC a year or two ago about replacement shoes for the Bates military shoe and black shell AE & Alden's were listed as an option.    I retired long enough ago that Naples was still called the armpit of the Med and Humpty Dumpty was still alive and sat on the wall yet. No one would have dreamed of purchasing clothing there either. So my experience is dated however don't believe the concept is. My only concern with shell PTB is the rolls. Half of my...
I am the same as Mdubs with the McTavish. The McTavish are on the 5 last which is my favorite last of any manufacture. I have 3 shell shoes, 5 calf and 3 rough collection shoes in dublin leather which includes the McTavish on the #5. For the dublin leather I sized down a half size from my other 5 last 10D (which is TTS) and wear a 9.5D which is the same size as my Barrie last.    However feet and fit varies as shown by Seven and ReppTiePrepster. Good luck, I would go with...
With AE recommending that you go to an 11.5E it makes it difficult as I would have said the same thing as you thought in your first post, that an 11.5D should work.   I am wearing my brown shell Patriots this morning although with so much snow on the ground yet I will switch to boots once I leave the house. They are the first loafer I have ever found that fit me, I have a very narrow heel but these work for me. I also have a fairly low volume foot and have black superfeet...
Dundee on #1 last = 10D which is my Brannock size. Alden on Barrie last = 9.5D