or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

LOL nice post! And then after more than 19,000 people watch it change your mind. Patrick when your done with the Reno will you please pass it over here? ;-)     Sensationalism Hound your statement is False. You don't know where parts of your uppers were stitched together. And obviously do not understand manufacturing workflow and business, let alone an even bigger picture that exists. In addition to trying to keep the cost of your product to $150 or less than the Chinese...
  Thank you good sir. Yes, Joel Etchen custom 687\682 Gold E with EELL wood. Realized the other day with all the money I've spent on shell and shoes\boots I could actually be shooting a Perazzi instead, maybe even a complete 4 bbl set. But I'll stick with what I have for now ;-)
There isn't much available, that is for sure especially in a snuff PTB or boot. I'm really hoping that those Dundee looking suede chukas that pictures were floating around from the trunk shoe last fall come out as a production shoe. However there is the Katmai which is still available from Lands End. I purchased it a bit over a year ago on closeout and have been very pleased. They are on sale from Lands End right now for $195 and are lined which is my preference. I wear...
I have the PA in calf and shell. My thought was to wear the calf for really bad weather and save the shell for nicer weather. I got the BB version of the PA for some stupid cheap price and they have the poron insoles which makes my foot sit higher than normal so the gap is larger than I like. I seldom wear them for that reason and wear the shell instead although they are fairly new, but so far no problems in the snow, etc.    Traditionally most people would say shell is...
I agree with the others, so make that X3 for the merlot McAllister. I think it would fit in perfectly with your current collection plus it is an American classic IMO. I am a 9.5D on the Barrie and a 10D on the #1 last the Townley is on. Besides being an AE you can actually return it if it doesn't fit, just wear them inside first to make sure that they do fit. And you better sit down for this... AE will pay the return shipping. If I were you I'd call them first thing in...
Funny that you should mention that boot. Guess what was waiting for me when I got home from work last night? I bagged another unicorn although not a #4, still hunting that one:     The Townley, provided all is well with it and I assume it will be, will be my 14th AE shell footwear. It takes a lot of years to collect them but then again it can with Alden too. My preference is AE for several reasons. In addition to the vision of the CEO customer service is one of the top...
Doc I'd call them. And have your card in hand.. just in case. This would be a wonderful opportunity to get into shell with a great shoe at a great price. IMO anyhow.   Some people end up not liking shell. But many of us find it the best material ever made to make a shoe or boot. I expect my shell footwear will outlast me at this point in my life.
  I may be the odd ball but there are a few of us that are TTS in both 1 and 5. I think Rick explained the fit very well, especially in my case. Even though I am a D it is a very narrow D if that makes sense, almost a C. LOL haven't heard that phrase in many years! If eating it for supper then it would be proper manners to wash it down with some Iron City Beer ;-) If you can't justify it then IME, don't. I like things to feel right when getting a shoe or boot, understand...
The Malvern fits much tighter so you should be fine with a 10D in the Townley. There was only 1 pair left, call and order them before someone else gets them, think about it later 
Congrats!! And I owe you, I should have sent you a PM to make sure you saw these