or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Yes it is. They are in the EST zone and hours 10 AM-9 PM. Good luck.
My black shell PA were waiting for me when I got home tonight. Stripped off a ton of cream and brushing them for as long as I have tells me I still have a lot more work to do on them before they get a few thin coats of Saphir blue polish. Also need to wear them for awhile first to work out any bloom that may be in the shell. In a week or so hope to have them ready to post pictures.   Outstanding pickup delmar! And nice comparison shots.   I still don't own a LWB and...
I have heard rumors that the season known as piss poor sledding is around the corner, some say it even officially started today. Couple feet of snow on the ground and temps not breaking into the double digits above zero F I find it hard to believe. But the ships are planning on shipping ore from the Iron Range out on Superior starting 1 April, so it must be true. To others April 1 means other things, especially if you know what DEC stands for.   Been tying my own flies...
    He talks briefly about spending 2 years developing the new golf shoes and working with Jack Nicklaus to design them. They also show some of the new golf shoes including the soles and why they are made the way they are. After the golf shoes are out on the 28th I'll take a look at them and likely will buy a pair for my oldest son and myself.   My girlfriend sent me an email just a few minutes ago that she went to my house to let the dog out and there was a package on...
Instead of the shoebank contact the Jeffersonville Oh. outlet. They have a sale till 4/30 with 20% off one item. And have access to everything that the shoebank does. And have always responded to my emails.     Allen Edmonds Jeffersonville 8665 Factory Shops Blvd. Jeffersonville OH 43128 phone (740) 948 9033 jville@allenedmonds.com
  I'm starting to think that is the case. If you look at different shell shoes and description on AE site some will even say dark burgundy and others burgundy. Pretty sure there is only once color burgundy though.   I purchased the Patriot in brown shell in part to find out. After seeing MacktasticGDogg brown Patriots I was starting to think there was a difference, and his were the exact color I wanted. Great pictures and comparison too on his part here. But when I got...
  Congrats! I have come close to getting a deer bone but have always been able to work things out with brushing, a little wax, reno, and did I mention brushing? As far as boning your shoes and your girlfriend catching you, can't help you LOL. But the deer bone is from a stag in Europe and good chance it was raised for food. But then again the horse hide provided for your shoe was likely from Europe also, and the horse was eaten. Of course you don't have to tell her any of...
bucksfan thanks for the great write up on the Randolph's, you have me wondering if they may just work for me also. I need a burgundy shell loafer now after all... :-) Great picture and shoes! I own a lot of Filson bags and clothing, both town and field\hunting so would love to see it. However guess we are a day too late guess what just came out on the Orvis website? Loafers made by AE, likely made in the DR seeing how the price is...
Congrats! I tend to agree with the Mac method and use very little product of any kind if possible. I do apply several thin coats of wax on some shoes that I decided to wear in weather that is wet such as snow or rain however. This is from his blog however not quite accurate. He has posted many times that he brushes each shoe for ~15 minutes and that the brush always stays in contact with the shoe while brushing. As he says it is all in the wrist.      Thanks to the...
Congrats Michael, you will have yours before I have mine!