or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

I wasn't sure you could get any through TSA! I have had Leona Meat Plant in Troy Pa. (Bradford County) ship me some before, they get it from Sunbury, Pa. How a man can go hunting without a decent breakfast of scrapple is beyond me...      The Malvern is a flyer on the 1 last, it fits much tighter than any other 1 last shoe or boot that I own. I returned mine. Go for it.... you can always return them if they don't fit?
If your getting married NOW is the time to get them, before it is too late! Just saying.....   We are all here for you 
Hmmm... Sun, warmth, great music, beautiful ladies, and real seafood. Although I wouldn't turn down some red beans and rice right now.... If we can talk Al into bringing a Shoofly pie down for desert and a brick or 2 of Scrapple for breakfast I'll buy ALL the beer!! 
I like that contrast! Personally I like the look. It is just plain wrong to read that it "It cooled down enough" though LOL.   I'm looking forward to finally being able to drain the gas out of the snowblower. Black calf Bayfields and matching dark outfit mourning yet another snow fall. Letting mother nature handle the contrast today:       I think the shell PA have been out for close to a year now.   As to issues, some do not care for the short cap on the PA. I like it...
Congrats on another pair of shell! They are addicting and do not come with a warning label about it either.   I was nervous at first about saying that I use Renomat to strip the cream but so far it hasn't an issue at all. AE for what ever reason decides to use cream, but Alden and every other company that makes shell products will say to use only a little wax and then very little and seldom. I do not strip all of my shell shoes but let time and brushing take care of it if...
This is the type of thing that spun JLibourel up to start with....   There are a whole lot of wild boar hunters that once the dogs corner a hog go in from behind and cut the throat with a knife. In fact it could be considered the right way to dispatch the hog. And a section of the knife industry makes knives just for this although a simple Bowie knife will work and works well.   As to the dogs that is what they are breed, born and live for. Just like my Toller as a pup...
  Some of the AE shell is covered with more cream than others, I'd say 1 in 3 or 4 have been just buried in it like you describe. Above is what works for me. As soon as your done cleaning the shoe with Renaveutor don't forget the first step of the Mac method is to use a damp rag and wipe down the shoe. I agree it is hard to get a good shine on cream LOL and I have some that you could actually see brush marks on the surface it was so thick. But once you get it off the Mac...
I have them on the 744 LTD shell boots and love them. In fact they are so good I don't think that I'm going to bother putting Vibram lug half soles on them. On the other hand the 5th St. Boot also has them and they are totally different. Not sure if it was a bad batch or what but they are very soft and pick up stones and rocks badly. There are some large boulders in here:   And use the serrated edge of a butter knife to clean them up, it leaves some large craters: These...
    I'm a 10D on the 1 last including shell Daltons. But I'm also a 10D on the 5 last with the exception of the rough collection shoes. The shell Patriot in 10D fits me perfectly. I have a low volume foot, not sure if that helps or not.
  Same here, except went with the Arabic instead of Roman numbers on the PRC 200. Hey it was even cheaper....   With some of that money saved I plan on picking up a Natural Shell watch band. Well OK so I bought the watch as excuse to buy the watch band:     http://www.mitchell-leather.com/Custom_Watches.html