Posts by Cold Iron

Those look outstanding! Very nice job on the toe cap, I like it a lot.
Because they are boots to me from a logic standpoint it is not a EITHER OR statement but an AND statement. However the Bayfield in shell will be an unknown in fit where the Dalton is a very well established known. And as to the brown shell, great choice and no debate needed from me. I love my exotic light colored shell but have had to add a lot of lighter colored clothes to match over the last couple of years. I feel both boots are great choices. Looking down the road...
The MTO as of the last few years is under custom shoes and you normally pay an extra fee for it. The fact that Paul opened it up to other shoes and options to us without paying a fee shows his dedication to customer satisfaction. MTO is an exception to your business processes in manufacturing or anywhere else for that matter. It is something that you normally try to avoid because it interferes with productivity. Your people (labor) are normally the most expensive part of...
Deb couldn't find it in the catalog of previous options however I told her that I found a picture of one from a year ago that someone sold on ebay and she said then it shouldn't be a problem. So yes it can be done. $695 and I feel it will be worth every penny 
Patrick you make me want to replace my ancient digital camera, especially considering that the one in my phone is better than it is  But I also know how well you take care of your shoes and the work you put into them. Beautifully done. With luck this weekend the sun will come out (and it will warm up!) and I can take a better shot of them outside instead of 60 cycle sunlight indoors if time allows. The Cambridge that I posted earlier today are the ones that I have done...
Yes it would be. And I understand exactly what you are saying although I don't know how the MacNeil fits the 1 last fits me pretty darn well too which is why I did what your thinking about. Outdoors: Inside:     And when you do a custom shoe you also get your choice of soles. I went with the natural thinking if I didn't like it easy enough to darken it. And I likely will with chili.   Cambridge (old burgundy shell) today:
They both start out with shell from Horween that is #8, but use different finishing methods. A year or 2 ago AE changed the way they finish shell which now has more burgundy with black highlights to it. Until then it had a very strong brownish hue to it. The Alden finish is often referred to as eggplant which I think is accurate. I feel the new AE finish is very close to the old Black Cherry. I don't have a side by side comparison shot but should take one. Here is Alden...
Good choice IMO. In this picture I posted yesterday:   That is an Alden chukka in Ravello on the far right. With the Dundee in walnut next to it. In the closet side by side you can't really tell the difference between them except for the number of eyelets, the overall shape is very similar. On the Alden thread about a month ago someone posted a picture of his Alden Chukka's where he had a third set of eyelets added and several other people asked about it because they had...
Thanks Al! Hmmm..... I have Alden #8 and Ravello but no Cigar. But according to a post by jkater1 and pictures looks like Dark Brown is pretty close. http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/18900#post_6287212 Ouch!! X2 especially with shipping, yeah being overseas can be no fun in many ways. For me I am the same size on the 1 and 5 last. But some other have had to change sizes between the 1 and 5 last. For the rough collection which is Horween...
Left bottom to top: Burgundy, Black, Walnut. Front bottom to top: Dark Brown, Cappuccino. HTH.