or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Nick has my burgundy Patriot loafers right now. Originally I was going to do the Dainite but the more I read about them being slick on tile floors I eventually changed my mind. The quote I had for Dainite was $155 and because I wanted to change the welt too it was $40 on top of that. I ended up going with JR soles and new welt done in the Alden antique edge finish for $165. I totally trust B. Nelson with my shoes, IMO go with what you really want. I called AE recrafting...
I knew that  If only they weren't on the Barrie last... I have the perfect pair of Biz causal shoes I'm going to be listing this weekend if I have time, Alden Ravello chukkas in 9.5 Barrie last worn only a couple of times. While my goal is a reduction in force at best I end up horse trading instead (pun intended :-)
LOL tifosi that is what you said in Sept, your overdue!  Hey wait I am too...
[[SPOILER]]  And OptoDoc replied--Looks like OptoDoc will not have to give out any free exams.... Personally I think AE should take every MTO that bl@ster has ever done and put it into mainstream production under a new line named the Bl@ster collection and charge a premium. They would have to assign additional workforce to it just to stay up with demand.
Great post, on several levels. Where I work it is very conservative, although I tend to think of it as very professional.  Last week it was announced that we finally knocked John Hopkins off the top spot for #1 hospital in the US after more than 20 years of sitting at #2 or 3. In large part due to the emphasis on quality by our CEO his vision has payed off. I'm 56 and retired military and I will be looking at your shoes along with everything else mentioned above. But I'm...
I have tongue pads in 3 of my shoes, shell balmorals and I use them to open the lacing a bit more. They compress over time and don't seem to add much volume. Been awhile since there has been a discussion on inserts here but several of us like the hard black superfeet ones. I have shoe boxes full of inserts that I have collected over the years and for my foot the black superfeet work best, but that doesn't mean it will for everyone. I feel it is a good place to start...
They are a great looking shoe, congrats! With mild bowing it is usually lack of volume in AE shoes due to the unique construction. AE stores sell black superfeet 3/4 length inserts for ~$20 and I think one of the main reasons is to add more volume to the shoe for customers that experience minor bowing. They have replaced my $400 custom orthotics and work better for my foot. Might be worth a try. The Patriot is perfect for jeans and chinos IMO. I have narrow heels and the...
When the 744 first came out most people posted a concern that it would suffer from what they called the bulbous toe of the 721. But the shape of the toe on the 721 is exactly what I liked about it, and many work boots. There are several threads on SF where people are using a hammer to try and flatten toes on their boots or putting them in a vise overnight, I don't get it. I am hoping that Wolverine will release another shell boot soon too as they fit my feet very well, or...
I agree absolutely love everything about the 744's yours are looking great, nicely done! For some reason the 721 LTD doesn't do anything for me, but then again I don't own them. I was not aware of no more unlined MTO's in shell anymore. My walnut Dalton's were ordered the week they came out as a webgem and are unlined and comfortable 12 months out of the year. 
If it was me after making sure that it was a crack I would email Alison. But if your not comfortable contacting her then I would call customer service.  IIRC when the Independence line first came out a few people had issues with the walnut finish peeling. They must have fixed it fairly quickly because after a couple of months no one else reported problems. So not sure about the finish on those, Don't know for sure but I think it is a slightly different than standard calf...