or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Mine is only half that, but gets dragged through the rain, snow and mud at sporting clay courses and camps during hunting season so likely looks like it is 10. My favorite bag by far. I used it in a photo contest a few weeks ago, or at least part of it As far as the photography think I'll keep my day job LOL.
[[SPOILER]]  I'd keep both and agree with others when they say that they are 2 totally different shoes. However I don't think I have worn my cappuccino shell McAllisters even 3 times since I've had them, but I have a lot of other similar shoes that truly are redundant. ReppTiePrepster posted pictures of Ravello and the various shades that it can come in a page or so back. Cappuccino is the same way as are most all the brown shell colors. It has been exactly 2 years since...
Good on you, especially for taking the wife! 2 of the best SC in the country are near you, Horse and Hunt and Caribou. They both host national shoots and FITASC. I shoot both places when I can but it is a bit of a drive for me, was at Caribou 2 weekends ago which is 2 hours from me. Sunday was a perfect day for shooting and I was in Lewiston at a small SC course. Last time this year I will shoot my target clay gun With Grouse opener only a month away I will switch to the...
AE switched to the MTO, or rather made on order, for shell back in 2012 due to the shell shortage and expense. So the seconds availability will remain the same as you see now.
 Guess I'm getting off topic but not, I do agree with making a more consistent product. When I first retired from the Navy I did some consulting work for BMW and the associated manufacturing companies that sprang up supporting them around Spartanburg, SC. One of those places produced the body panels. They were fully automated and used robotics to create them including robotic spot welding. The machines were huge, expensive, and custom made in Germany. The demand for the...
Like Mike said Ravello is very close to walnut. If the Ravello has very little red undertones to it then it is almost identical.L>R Cappuccino, Ravello, and Walnut. Flash bounced off ceiling.I took this a couple of weeks ago for someone who purchased my Alden's and he was worried that they would be too close to Cappuccino. The Barrie last does not fit my foot and narrow heels, they have now found a great home with someone who can wear them. I hope yours turn out well for...
I agree, and think the traditional approach is only in a few small circles. On AAAC it has always been somewhat accept as normal, and I think the crowd there in general are older than many on SF. The US military dress shoe is identical to the AE Leeds however not near the same quality. If they are good enough to wear in the Pentagon and most formal occasions I have always felt they were fine for wear with suits. Considering what most people wear with suits now days you...
Yes I have. I printed out the label on the website to mail them in free of charge. There was no additional charges for the return back to me, total cost was as stated on the website $125 JR soles + $40 for new welt $165 total. @NWTeal Congrats on your new boots, look great!
That is my understanding also. However if you go to the AE website and do special make up there are only a limited number of shoes available for this. Also no shell, it is all calf from what I have seen. Long before the SF and AAAC offer I emailed Paul when I was having problems purchasing a pair of shell Bradley's and went through several pairs all of which had issues. I asked if I could have the Dundees made instead in all colors of shell which was 5 at the time. He...
Wow great pickup and job with the PA's!! Didn't you say last week that you were not very knowledgeable in shell care then posted a picture of your shell Strands that would glow in the dark after you were done with them?! I'd say you have it down better than most with both shell and calf, fantastic job.