or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Well it was -16 F this morning. Expansion tank on the boiler went out last night so no heat in the house and spent the night feeding the fireplace wood. The mechanic just left after spending the day here and only half the house has heat someplace there is a ice plug in the line but it is up to 52 in the house now. Just don't feel right wearing loafers in the snow and cold, heck it is too cold to wear them as house slippers right now! Which is something I do very often in...
Congrats on your new shell loafers! I'm also looking forward to warm weather and the chance to finally start wearing loafers again, it can't come soon enough 
Those Leeds look great, congrats! And I agree just use the Mac method and over time they will just keep getting better. Great job Michael, they turned out fantastic! And I agree, need some more pictures of those bad boys!
Very nice and congrats! I wouldn't get too carried away with stripping them down yet because they are your first pair and you don't want to go too far with it. NewShoes1 hit it pretty solid I would just start with some Renovatour and the Mac method. Shell takes time and some work to really pop, at least AE shell does IME. But it has always been worth it. I use a small amount of Reno and microfiber cloth switching spots on the cloth as the cream comes up. When done wipe...
I wouldn't totally give up on your MTO's! Why not keep trying and also go for a pair of White's? My next boot will be a Limmer which I've wanted for many years.
Interested to see how it works for you. From what I have read in the past it is supposed to be the shin bone from an English Red Stag. Something about the oils in them helps. I would think a whitetail bone which is what the Amazon one is would do about the same as a warm spoon.  If it works let me know, I can come up with a supply of them. About a week ago purchased my first DSLR camera and shooting as much as I can in preparation for a week long trip in the BWCA for a...
You are not the first to have a pair of shell that just doesn't want to shine. The paste wax mentioned might be worth a try, you don't need Aden wax unless your trying to match #8. And even then most people used to use just good old fashioned Kiwi which would be fine. Not sure about the wax bringing about a fix that will last though. AE can refinish them and get a shine out of them, at least one person on here has done that. Saphir brown cordovan cream\wax may be able to...
LOL yes and no... On the waiting list for a pair to come up in my size and Kristle will honor the current sale price when they do. No doubt in my mind they will be worth the wait!!
I agree, it is a great color! They started and then completed the change toward brown ~ at the end of the 4 year mark. My understanding is it depends on how much UV exposure they get, which isn't very much where I live. The more you wear them the faster they get exposure and the first couple of years I usually wore them 3 or so times a week. 
 And I too so want a pair of burgundy shell Macneil in size 10D. They have not been available in my size during any of the sales over the years, including this one. I heard back from Kristle last night and the one pair they do have is listed as burgundy but she said in real life they look brown so I passed. She came back with - how about if I put you on the waiting list and when they become available you can have them for the current sale price of $299? So I will finally...