or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

In my experience yes, the Premium Shoe Polish contains enough cream that you can do without the dedicated cream. The Carnauba Wax polish will give a higher shine but the shine with the Premium Shoe Polish is acceptable IMO for most shoes.
I too gave up on the 8 last. The 5 last is my favorite and I feel that I have even more room in it than the 1 last. Although the 1 fits me very well also. My TTS is 10D and I tried the Clifton in 10D, 10.5D, and 9.5E, the fit was less than perfect in all sizes, in E my heel also swims in all lasts, so I finally came to the conclusion that the 8 is just not going to work with my feet.
    Nice! And have a safe journey :-)   Maiden voyage with my Townley's today. Early morning start so no bright sun to highlight them. But haze gray brown and underway anyhow:
Nice! This morning I actually had my Shelton's in my hand and debated wearing them. Last night I had already planned to wear a suit, then this morning remembered all of today's meetings got moved. It was too early for my mind to figure what to wear with the Shelton's so I took the easy way out and just wore the suit and Cambridge's. The description on the AE web site for them back when they were polished cobbler leather recommends wearing them with light colored pants but...
    Very nice and I wish you well on your shake down cruise. Love those blue socks too!   Cambridge today:
Ahh such a confused sole soul....   Well played New Shoes1, very well played good sir.   Nice to see 3 shell Strands today 
    They DO feel like slippers and I have been wearing them around the house and yard as slippers. This morning when I put trees back in them I thought that is the first time I recall putting trees in slippers LOL. Great job.   Walnut Shell Strands today
No, but yes. I first ordered the burgundy and black Dundee through the Military Exchange being retired military and had a discount because of that. After I contacted Paul about having the others made up he saw that I was retired military and allowed me to purchase the other 3 at the discounted price and no MTO fee. Which really made a strong and deep impression on me. I ended up paying only $2,500 for those 5 Dundee's instead of $3,000. I have not asked for a military...
David I am going to assume that you are as clueless about CXL as you are shell. That picture was taken after only 2 hours in the woods hunting ruff grouse, AKA: Bonasa umbellus. Ruff really don't care much for people and you have a healthy population of them in Western Mt. But you have to actually get in the woods and walk through them, not on groomed trails. The nearest human to me where I took that picture was at least 25 miles away and the nearest house 40 or so....
Not quite. The AE Dundee is almost identical to the Alden Chukka however.   I have the Dundee in all shell colors offered by AE, I love them:     Hey good to see you back KMD  Earlier this month Cedarville posted that they can't compete with the large box stores and are no longer in business. I also agree with this. In addition when cleaning and often before putting a shoe on I use an old toothbrush to scrub the top of the welt. I also keep a toothbrush by the deep sink...