or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Thanks for posting that Lefty. I have a pair of his Meindl boots. While I also have a pair of gore-tex gaiters I seldom wear them and wear brush pants instead. Obviously not deer hunting here but ruff grouse hunting instead.   NY State had more deer per square mile than any other State in the country in the 70's until the early 80's. I took this buck in Chemung County in the mid 80's and he made the record book.   I used to travel across the county hunting deer...
Oh you will be fine at Horse and Hunt, or pretty much any Sporting Clays course. One of the things I enjoy about SC over other shotgun sports venues is that most shooters are there to have fun and are generally very helpful. I would encourage you to try H&H, you will see many others that are just starting out too. We all had to start some place at one time  50% out first time out with a pump is not bad at all! I grew up was raised shooting pumps, Ithaca 37's and 870's. I...
As I would be also, those look fantastic! Congrats on your new shell Leeds.
Thanks. Horse and Hunt is worth checking out IMO. They have 5 courses, the clubhouse burned down this spring and the new one is supposed to be completed soon. They have 2 packages available on groupon right now, the third one is sold out. They are good for 1 year but you can't use them on the weekends in Sept. and Oct. That is when they get swamped with all the hunters that go out once a year right before hunting season to shoot a round of clays and call it good. Lunch is...
Guess I would make it +4 now. Not the first time I have agreed with rydenfan, and I'm sure it will not be the last time.
Why do I think there must be some Brandy shell involved here? There is always Russell Moccasin if someone likes a lot of lacing and speedhooks. Over 100 types of leather, but no shell. Grand Slam Sheep Hunters truly are function over form. Some mornings after bird season starts and I'm still sore and tired I understand just how K75 feels. The new AE boots are on an unknown last, only 2 choices of leather and limited sizes. And I also am not sure about the eyelet spacing....
LOL no offense here at all pepper, I am not a native of this region and never dreamed I would end up here. Except for the winters which are bone breaking cold it is not as bad as I feared to be here and have come to call it home, but I do look forward to moving back South when my work here is done. The only offense I would take is find out you were playing again anywhere within a few hundred miles and didn't let me know. Now that my friend would really upset me....
I never could get the 8 last to fit my foot well and gave up on it. I believe several have gone down in length and up one in width to get a good fit on the 8 but that didn't work for me either. For me the 5 last fits my foot best of all lasts, and my PA in black shell is one of my favorite 5 lasted shoes. I am pleased with the look of the 5 last, although many are not to me it is perfect. If they were a Southern company it would be called "Billy Bob's chili". Not that...
No it doesn't, they do also... The Red\Brown of #8 or AE burgundy shell is something many look froward to developing over time. However I will admit that on shoes like my Cambridge's I prefer that they stay more black cherry, or in other terms red and black. IMO that goes better with more of my suits than brown. The old timers used to use black Kiwi on #8, it helps blend the black spots in as they age. I prefer to stay away from waxes and polishes on shell but on a few of...
 Shell often has specs of black in it, sometimes black streaks and larger spots. Over time as the shell lightens, or if you use UV to speed up the process, the black does not lighten and becomes more noticeable. My burgundy shell Leeds have turned brown over the years and you can easily see the black specs but you have to get up close. I tried using Saphir cordovan cordovan polish and it helped but it really didn't add much color over the specs and I accept them as they...