Posts by Cold Iron

Well there is nothing wrong with the snuff suede Dundee's. Or any Dundee for that matter at least IMO. Working from home today and breaking my snuff Dundee's in today. Wore the MD chukka yesterday for a bit but at 17* and thin socks taking the dogs out they were a bit cool to say the least. But will be a welcome addition to the stable come summer. 
 Ha that was only whitetail for the deerskin gloves. I shoot them off the deck and sometimes even take them when bedded  [[SPOILER]]  Sometimes I need to have the dog bring them in to me. He is a Toller after all, and they can toll more than ducks  [[SPOILER]]  There is at least one gentleman on here from Iowa that would be better suited for harvesting Kudu, and at least one from Co. And several others I am sure. I'm getting to the point that I don't want to gut, clean and...
Wow did they ever turn out great! Never considered a soldering iron to use to burn in layers on the edges for the antique look. I ended up sending my burgundy shell patriots to B. Nelson to have him replace with antique edges when it was time to resole.  I don't have many pictures of the after like you do, this is all I have. I really should do some updated pics sometime.  Although this is fairly recent- Cappuccino Shell  I have a pair of brown shell Leeds with buff flat...
Correct regular painter's tape. No the shell was fine after removal and just some water brushing cleaned it up. I was worried about hitting the shell with the sandpaper so did it as a safeguard. And really took my time and used a small flexible sanding block. 
LOL! When I met my Ex she was reloading shells on a progressive press for her father on a Dillon 650. It was love at first sight and she wasn't bad looking either. We were married 25 years and never could get a new gun past her she could spot a new gun even in the case. Now I need another gun safe to hold everything that seems to keep finding its way into the house. Been ~6 years since I've had to worry about it but bet I can still take a new pair of AE shoes from...
Thanks, no likely lighting IIRC I bounced the flash off the ceiling and got more fill than needed. I picked those up from someone on here that did a MTO and AE did a natural split welt and dark sole edges, he had asked for the reverse of that. They looked pretty bad like that obviously and instead of returning them he kept them and then had second thoughts so sold them for a discount. I jumped on them and sanded the edges of the soles to match the welt. When done I used...
I have a pair of LE flannel pants with 1.5" cuffs and look like yours. I refuse to admit that it is cold enough to wear them right now and winter is over damn it! Love my truffle shell MacNeils  And always felt they should have brown pebble and burgundy shell MacNeil's company in the closet.
I had a pair of baseball stitched chukka's years ago that I really liked. But those shoes are ugly to me if that helps you. And my honest opinion. But all that matters is if you like them and would wear them. In public. With the lights on. Hear you though I have a really strong urge to pick up a pair of pebble grain MacNeils lately for some reason....
https://www.amazon.com/Obenaufs-LP-Boot-Preservative-Preserves/dp/B0002X520S 4.8 out of 5 stars with more than 1K reviews. For good reason. Not for fine dress shoes and boots or even CXL that you want to wear with finer clothing. But if you have leather you want to make waterproof nothing can touch it. Learned about it from Russell Moccasin and their leather care when I commissioned them to build my custom Grand Slam Sheep Hunters.  
I have not used the oven in at least 30 years to heat "grease" into my boots, but it does work LOL @peppercorn78 I use the heat gun on low keeping it moving with several light coats instead of trying to soak it all in at once.   And do them in batches. Bayfield CXL on the far left.