or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

And I don't blame you. Absolutely gorgeous!  Direct link to his site and instructions for both: http://mcarthurstreasures.blogspot.com/2013/02/break-in-and-shell-cordovan-care.html
Agree with this. They are my oldest shell shoes and still one of my favorites. 
No deer bone or spoon on scuffs, I used to worry a lot whenever I nicked or scuffed one of my shell shoes. But have found that over time they "self heal" for the most part but it may take several wearings and brushings. I read everything that I could find that Mac has written over the years and it has helped a lot. He talks about shinning them as soon as you take them off and I have found that shell warmed by your feet responds to brushing much better than "cold" shell. As...
Congrats that is a great price! The BB ones have a rubber half sole and a poron insert. I have them along with black shell PA, which I wear the most. I purchased a pair of BB PA's for a guy I work with on Christmas, it said they would not ship until Feb. 10th I hope that is wrong. I already had a BB card so I payed %15 more than you. They are for one of the guys I work with, he is younger and has a young family and busts his butt at work everyday. He has eyed my shoes for...
Congrats on your shell Strands, great choice.  I missed the earlier Reno vs. Saphir cream debate, I can't stay up with this thread anymore it is so active, which is great! I do have the Saphir neutral shell cream along with the colored ones also, and very seldom use them. To me Reno is very much worth it and is basically all I ever use on shell but most of the time just use the Mac method. On rare colors like the 744's I never use anything but Reno. I have worn my 744's...
 I stumbled across that AEV yesterday too when I was looking for the custom ordering page at Filson. If you type custom in search that AEV is the first thing to show up. I finally found the custom order page and at the top they say they no longer offer custom orders, bummer.  $130K for a 6 cyl. gas engine and then there is the tranny. I went through 2 trannies plus a rebuild on my Dodge, never again although at one time I was "Mopar or no car". I thought the Ford Raptor...
Congrats on your first, but I doubt last Filson bag rydenfan! I still need to find a few more ways to have you spend money to pay you back for finding those Alden Ravello's for me.   I like my Sportsman bag more than any other bag I own. Including other Filson's, bucket mouths and the typical Midway USA shooting bags. The U shaped zipper has a lot to do with that if the XL Outfitter and duffles had it I would own them by now too. Someone on here way back posted that they...
I totally agree with this. Coming from milw50717 doesn't surprise me though.  [[SPOILER]]
Thanks for the heads up on waxing Crane's. I'll be ordering some from you in a couple of months once this "white rain" stops coming down! I ripped out the rear seats in the back of the access cab less than a week after I bought it and built a platform to hold the dog and when he isn't aboard it holds a few of my Filson bags, and the envelope net that functions as a dog divider and also stores my Filson and other hats.     Under it I store my guns when going to the...
Today and tomorrow Brooks Brothers has Filson at 25% off plus %15 off at checkout for 40% total discount. Just ordered the leather and stainless flask and the Filson Umbrella. Limited selection of Filson items but a number of bags are available. Merry Christmas.