or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Yes I have. I printed out the label on the website to mail them in free of charge. There was no additional charges for the return back to me, total cost was as stated on the website $125 JR soles + $40 for new welt $165 total. @NWTeal Congrats on your new boots, look great!
That is my understanding also. However if you go to the AE website and do special make up there are only a limited number of shoes available for this. Also no shell, it is all calf from what I have seen. Long before the SF and AAAC offer I emailed Paul when I was having problems purchasing a pair of shell Bradley's and went through several pairs all of which had issues. I asked if I could have the Dundees made instead in all colors of shell which was 5 at the time. He...
Wow great pickup and job with the PA's!! Didn't you say last week that you were not very knowledgeable in shell care then posted a picture of your shell Strands that would glow in the dark after you were done with them?! I'd say you have it down better than most with both shell and calf, fantastic job.
Last year I picked up both burgundy and brown shell Patriot seconds, IIRC paid $299 each. The only issue with them was the soles were not done well and weren't symmetrical on either pair. Don't think most people notice but it has been bothering me. So I sent my burgundy ones to Nick at B. Nelson to have JR soles done in antique edge finish. Got them back earlier this week and have been breaking them back in, very pleased with the results and the job he...
I just traded in my Marlows a couple of weeks ago toward the purchase of Cappuccino MacNeils, the fit of the Marlow was just wrong for me. Sounds like you follow that thread closely- I picked mine up from Chipshot a bit more than a year ago. He got them TTS which for him was 9.5 and they were too large for him. I am a 10 so purchased them from him but the fit on my feet always seemed "off" to me so I almost never wore them. I have never had any luck with European lasts and...
 Those 5th Street look great! I have the brown calf also.
Thank you for the kind words gentlemen, I hope we all get to see cappuccino once again become available.   @watchidiot just realized I think you are in the Philippines? I've spent more than my fair share of time in Subic Bay and running to Clark AFB and Manila. Hope you had pleasant dreams, tonight I will likely be dreaming of the sights, sounds and smells of PI from a Jeepney. Thank you for the memories.
I picked up the MacNeil a couple of weeks ago on here from a fellow member on here. It is a blue lining and he did a fantastic job on the makeup, but AE messed his MTO and they had a natural welt and dark edge trimming on the soles. I sanded down the sole edges and applied 4 coats of natural AE edge dressing I'm very pleased with the outcome. When I read that AE was running out of cappuccino my first thought was to order another pair. But I had 3 in walnut and 3 in...
Cappuccino Shell, also referred to as Truffle by AE  
IMO it is as important to clean them before you condition them. I use Fiebing 100% Glycerine Saddle Soap and water on CXL first and let it dry completely before conditioning them. I use a knuckle brush that you clean your nails with, the bristles aren't too hard or soft, just about right to restore the nap on the CXL. After brushing them with the saddle soap I rinse the soap off with a small stream of hot water out of the deep sink. The Glycerine helps condition the...