or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

While I do not read blogs I do know what works for me, and common sense. I agree that dressy chukkas fit more situations than most any other shoe\boot and have 5 Dundees because of that. I do have experience with the Malvern and gave up on them. They are on the 1 last and in the 1 last I own 5 shell Dundee's, 2 shell 1 calf Leeds, shell Towney, 2 Wilbert's, shell Dalton, older CG Shelton, and CXL, calf, shell Bayfields. They all fit my foot extremely well. The Malvern does...
 Last year before Christmas I bought a pair of black PA from the BB sale for a younger guy that I work with. He along with most everyone else his age around me wear those ugly square toed clown shoes and he had talked to me for a long time about my AE's asking questions. People DO notice your shoes... Since then he has told me several times how he now hates his square toed shoes. Couple of weeks ago he said he might be wearing them too much as the "wood" was showing...
Those are not 744's the top eyes are not speed hooks and the cap is wrong? These are my 744's But yes the 744 is rounder, it is a work boot. I think it depends on your lifestyle and preferences. I have a good friend at work who has been somewhat of a sartorial mentor to me. He is a French educated Lebanese and tells me a man of my station should be driving a Mercedes. He drives a BMW, and also gives me a hard time about my American shoes. On the vehicle issue I easily get...
Thank you good sir! 
Congrats!  When I picked up the Manchester tassel loafer I had the same thought, it was the only loafer at the time that fit my foot without heel slippage. It didn't take long to figure how and when to wear them and I find myself reaching for them often in the summer. I do agree that burgundy and dark brown work better than walnut in matching much of what I wear to work. However the "cure" for that is more pants in lighter colors, which I have done. I have never worn any...
Yeah they both looked pretty much the same in the beginning, I wear the heck out of them. First I use Saphir Renovateur and go around the whole shoe\boot with a thin coat rubbing it in well. Then immediately hit it with a wet rag, not damp like doing a normal Mac method but dripping wet. Then quickly go all around the boot with a brush spreading the water out well. And keep going until it is dry then keep brushing but slow down and do sections. The toe area took quite a...
Congrats! And FTFY  For my walnut, cappuccino and 744's I do not use any product with color of any type and do not use any wax at all. At most once in a great while I use Reno to help level and even the color out. IME As mentioned just using the Mac method and time will work no matter how bad it is. I don't own a deer bone, well for shell use anyhow. Plenty of deer racks in an old seabag and on the wall LOL. Someday might get one for shell though I have managed without one. 
 I use the Sportsman bag for exactly that, a range bag. It holds 6 boxes of 12 ga. easily plus all the other "stuff". Works out perfectly for me.
A few pictures from the Boundary Water Canoe Area Wilderness Area in February of this year. No motor vehicles allowed including snowmobiles so dogsled team is a good way to get around. No bugs that time of year either...   The deer are not used to seeing people and while are not tame, they are curious about humans more times than not. This guy was looking in the window of the cabin and just as I grabbed the camera to take a picture the dog jumped up to see what I was...
We have seen red foxes increase in numbers also, unfortunately coyotes too. In the arrowhead region there are a large number of red foxes which considering the habit is mainly forest is a bit surprising it used to be grey fox habit. Very few coyotes there but the wolves are out of control and the two do not coexist well.   Hunting grouse in the fall always makes me a little nervous with the Toller. The Nova Scotia Duck Toller was breed to look like a red fox and mine...