Posts by Cold Iron

The fit is quite different between the two, I would go with which fits the best of course. The patriot is one of the few loafers to fit my foot it is too narrow and tight for many with a high arch. When you have no arch and a narrow heel that works in your favor. I have the Burgundy shell for a little less casual wear.    And the Manchester also fits me well. I am old enough I can pull off tassel loafers.
Congrats! What a great looking shoe. I don't own any blue shell, or blue shoes for that matter. Yet but after seeing those... I'm glad to see AE finally offering the antique edge about time! When my brown cordovan Patriots needed resoled AE would not do natural welt for me so I ended up sending them off to B. Nelson in NYC for antique edges on JR soles.  I liked them enough that when someone on here had a MTO done in Cappuccino shell and AE put the wrong edge on them I...
 The Leeds was my first Allen Edmond shoe a long time ago. In black calf it is a better substitute than the military issue shoe. Especially the plastic Bates dress shoe.  Even in the civilian world as someone once said the Leeds may not always be the best choice. But it is always the right choice, when wearing pretty much anything. A PTB shoe in black is still the most versatile shoe going IMO. And many feel that way. I use a little bit of Navy blue polish on the top for...
Ha! Glad I could help enable you good sir :-) You always did have good taste... I came back here to see if there was something I couldn't live without and there you are in a pair of shell Bradley's. I still don't have a NST shoe yet. Or a suede Dundee.. My Walnut Shell Dalton's are around 5 years old and getting darker by the year. Wore them today, this is at the end of the day so far from fresh. 
Lot of old timers in this thread, been awhile for me. Some new too which is good.   Russell Moccasin. I had them build my Grand Slam Sheep Hunters extra tall for the wet woods of Mn. and pothole region of SD. Also extra leather on the toe cap which is the area that wears out first for me from busting through brush during bird season.   Couple of pairs of Meindl Perfekt boots in the center. The rest of the world knows Meindl as a great boot but for what ever reason...
I only own 1 pair of Dalton's. But did go with 5 pair of Dundee's in all 5 colors of shell that were available at the time. Absolutely no regrets. 
 Agree coolarrow, and you had to be fast they sold out quickly! Great shoe and as always well done. Mine when new.  Would not be recent but when the Dalton first became available in Walnut Shell was able to pick up a pair through the Military Exchange special order program. With discounts and exchange promo came out to $310. Now the Military Exchange doesn't have much of anything including special orders. But was a good source while it lasted. 
Sunday was the last day of deer rifle season here. 20 yards from deck Sunday saw this guy, so shot him with the camera.   10 feet away saw this doe bedded and he soon bedded down next to her.   Used to live for deer season but don't want to drag them out of he woods anymore. On the other hand maybe I should cut some shooting lanes around the house. Until a few years ago had a 60 yard archery range along side the house but got rid of the target butts. Spent 3 weeks in SD...
Nice, but I'm thinking at 9 pounds 3 oz. that is one heavy gun to be carrying for elk, is that the correct total weight? I'm knocking at the door of 60 though and ounces do matter eventually, trust me LOL. I do like the 6.5 x anything for thinner skinned smaller boned game they have always seemed to have knockdown power well beyond their paper "theoretical" application. Even the 6.5 Swede. But also prefer 7mm Mag or above for elk. Spent last week in Superior National...
Ah the smell of copper (cold bluing) reminds me of walking into most gun shows. I'm not a fan of cold bluing, especially on wheel guns but have done it for light touch ups on long guns. I have found heating the metal and using 409 cleaner as a wetting agent helps a lot. And of course oil free 0000 steel wool. At least with Brownells oxpho blue. Check out Mark Lee Express bluing it is a rust bluing that is a lot more durable and better looking. If you can boil water and use...