Posts by Cold Iron

Outstanding and very well said!  One of the things I really like about AE is that I find their lasts are not too sleek and can cross between dress and causal use with ease. I know many find them "blocky" but I find them about perfect for my taste and eye. On the weekends and outside of work I am not wearing wingtips for the most part and likely have Red Wing boots on, maybe Dundee's or a PTB like Leeds. I'm knocking at the door of 60 and ever wonder why you don't so...
 Ha! I do have the PA in black shell  And gave some serious thought to purchasing a pair in blue shell seeing how I put just a little bit of Saphir Navy wax on them from time to time and love the effect that it gives. 
 Yes lighter colored shell gets darker over time and exposure to sunlight. 
Nailed it.     Gray, cloudy and spitting snow and rain best can do today I'm afraid.
  What @polojock615 said. I just checked and my oldest shell is burgundy Leeds which are well worn and modified. However think from my existing soles over the last few years and those pretty sure I can tell, those are vintage.  Never doubt the polojock. He knows of what he speaks.
 I wear a lot of paisley ties, and wide ones at that. Well done you give the people in that part of Pa. something to talk about :-) You could take a copy of Cisco's Networks Top Down Design and drop it off at the Unit Head of networks. And discuss HA and DA also. Wait it is networks never their issue or problem but once you make the call everything heals itself in a short time. But they never change anything or so they say. Neither did the Telco's back in the day it runs...
Heather said she had just taken your order right before I called. Hang in there coming soon I am sure!
 The McTavish is part of the rough collection and for those I go down a half size in my normal 5 last and fit perfectly. That seems to be common although some have luck going with TTS on the 5. I have the tan and many of the tan when they first came out had uneven coloring as did mine. I tried to level out the coloring with neatsfoot oil but not totally happy with the results. They are OK and work though I use them more as a "beater" shoe.  If you can find the Elgin in tan...
Just got an email from FexEx, the monkey is in the banana truck. Natural shell Leeds due to land on Thursday. Wow not used to this AE finally figured out exception processes on the Mfg.  line will wait to see the star of end result though.   Knew I should have stayed away from here, in a couple of weeks picked up the shell Leeds from the trunk show, snuff Dundee's, MD x AE Dundee's, and Boone in sand will arrive tomorrow. Of course they were all at a great price LOL,...
 I do not have the HM or any others on the 1757 last, yet. I'm fortunate in that most AE shoes and boots fit me TTS or at least 1, 5, 7 lasts. And feet can vary a lot so what works for one person may not work for the next. And going up in size from TTS can fit better, or worse, for some people then going out a size in width. So it would be hard for me to help you on fit. I do have the Katmai they are some where around 5 years old now. They have seen a lot of wear but very...