Posts by Cold Iron

Not sure how I turned into the legend somehow  Appreciate the kind words, you and everyone else are too kind. It is a really great point on using a 4k TV as a monitor and if I wasn't working from the living room most of the time that would be exactly what I would do. I work from home a lot and miss having 3 screens and 2 computers running at once. At one time they gave me 4 phone lines but I put a stop to that LOL.  I should work from my "office" more but like sitting...
 I knew I should have stayed away from here. But like a moth drawn to a flame.... Going to go back and try to figure out which 34" ultra wide screen 3440 x 1440 (WQHD) curved monitor to get. As hard as that is makes choosing which boot to pick easy. Yeah I know both the Snuff Dundee and HM is the answer so not even going to ask that question to a bunch of enablers LOL. I could easily see getting the HM in all 3 flavors if it fits me well also.
Count me in this camp, you said my thoughts exactly on all points. Although I have already slid down #3 LOL, but wear my Leeds a lot less than I used to. A Chelsea to me is too English and reminds me of driven or tower pheasant shoots with an Englishman in tweed and standing there waiting for the birds to come to him. They normally wear Wellies or Le Chameau knee high rubber boots though. I am more of what they call the "rough" hunter over there and earn each bird, or...
I'm not a plank owner of Noah's Ark, but Moby Dick was but a wee little minnow when I entered the Navy. And I've been retired for just over 20 years now. But I just don't get those blue Navy camo uniforms. At all. Then again when they started sewing collar devices on shirts I felt that was cheating and they should be pinned on every day. Not that I am against change. Well maybe against some of it... Pudman I have had nothing but respect for you over the years. And great...
There is a stream not too far from here that is at carrying capacity. The DNR is begging people to keep slot limit sized fish so that the others can grow larger. On occasion I do my part to help them. Of course I wear wading boots most of the time but when conditions are right and I am planning on stopping in a town nearby after I have been known to wear some nicer footwear. Freaks out some of those that have only ever known Catch and Release but I have always smoked and...
I agree it does take time for the pores to fill in on them. I ended up doing the toes and bottom front panel working it to a high polish and leaving the rest the way they seem to want to be, for lack of a better term. 
I don't make it over to Wi. anymore, can hardly hit all the limestone streams in this area. It is all part of the Driftless Area and what works on one pretty much works on the others. The huge browns of course are under the bank cuts during the day and you have to drift a fairly large bead head under their nose to get them to play.  For dries in still water of course smaller is usually better, but won't pull the larger ones up from the bottom. Have moved to a lot of CDC...
Looks over shoulder....  Leather and canvas gun and fly rod cases help also LOL. And I'm so jealous! First that I still have not found a pair of Bradley's that didn't have issues with bowing, etc. It is such a great looking shoe, and you are wearing them well. But then again you have that habit. Also jealous that I have 2 sons and kind of felt I was missing something in that I never had a daughter. Which is likely OK, would have spoiled her. What a great picture on several...
Using too much polish causes the buildup in the perfs. Q-tip will get it out or a toothpick, very carefully. Causes no harm but does not look good IMO. Less polish. The video rumjt posted a link to is a good one IIRC.
With the assumption that you are talking about the CXL version same as your McTavish, half size down from your "normal" size. At least that was the story several years ago haven't been on there in a long time. Do not own a pair of the 1K CXL however do own the made by AE for Wolverine 744 shells.   With the Eastports I have the tan. From previous experience I know they are going to show stains and spots being so light so use saddle soap to clean and HDLP to protect and...