or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Exactly, and I will also add a narrow heel to the above and the Dundee is a much better fit for me. Glad to hear you like them half, I knew they would find a great home with you  I switch it up for Sporting Clays with 744's, Bayfields, and the Katmai  They are all great as I am sure the Long Branch is too. When I was shooting skeet wearing my Bayfields I had a guy say he had never shot with someone wearing wingtips. I started to explain to him that they were not wingtips...
I posted a news article where a cat killed a 200 pound dog a mile from my house, so a 70 pounder is bringing a knife to a gunfight IMO. Big cats (cougar) worry me the most of anything because they just kind of show up and are "there". Many times when the attack they are elevated and dogs don't smell them either. Most of my neighbors don't have underground fences either and when their dog gets hit by a car they just get another dog, and that is their choice. It is not mine...
Not crazy....
I normally don't worry about cougar until I am in Wy. and West, and then I don't usually have my dog with me. But they show up around here from time to time. In May a cougar about a mile from my house took down a 200lb. Great Dane which had to be put down. It was at the bottom of the ravine where I live at the top of it. Most of my friends stopped putting bells and beepers on their bird dogs because the bear and wolves have learned that it is their dinner bell and have...
 I do like those, very well done! As are all of your shoes polojock.  I'm not so sure your doing anything wrong.. When you brush them make sure to first wipe them down with a damp rag, then brush. I usually don't go for more than 10 minutes or so before starting over again with a damp rag then brushing again if they need it. Some shell comes from the factory where the finish is different on one than the other and it takes a lot of work to get them to match. If after a...
Great shoe!
I have never been able to find the reason UV darkens light shell, what you said very well may be the explanation. I know Nick Horween has said they use aniline stains on shell which do not contain pigments, do it does make sense the more I think about it.  Here are some naturally aged whiskey shells posted on AAAC back in 2008 (first pic is #8).
Yeah they are about 8 years old and original soles, I should send them in but the bottom of the soles are still solid. I could likely use the toes as an axe to cut wood in an emergency LOL. Thanks for the heads up! Nice score! Agree with the others that posted on 1 and 2. But I would not put them in the sunlight to try and lighten them. Darker shell lightens with UV exposure however lighter shell usually darkens. All 3 of my walnut shell pairs have darkened over time and...
Hmmm I would disagree  I so regret not getting a MTO or walnut Shelton. The only ones I have are really old school
 I know several on here have said the 8 last is their best fitting and favorite last. But add me to this list above. I tried the Clifton in 3 or 4 different sizes (been a couple years) and could not find a decent fit. Going out in width my heel swam. Going up a half size in length gave better results but not great, and could tell that the toe box would crease past the cap. TTS and same size in 1 and 5 last was too tight. I concluded that it just is not a good fit for my foot.