Posts by Cold Iron

Even tried wearing just a pair of wicking socks no joy. They were fine for office work and in town for light walking but if I wore them for anything more than that at the end of the day they were just too snug. I didn't baby them though. But Deborah said that I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to make them comfortable. LOL I tried to make excuses for the boots I really liked them and didn't want to give them up and she told me in no uncertain terms that the boots...
At the time that Paul first took over AE he was very approachable and I emailed him about something else, and owned a fair number of AE shoes and boots. He assigned me to his personal assistant Deborah who was the most senior person at AE and had the most experience working there. Smart man for doing that with her. So I had an "in" but to me Deborah embodies the spirit of AE at least the old school. She wanted me to be happy with their products no matter what. It is...
Agree I would not size down. You should see how loose the 2 eyelet Alden chukkas are, or maybe you already know. I went with the AE Dundee in shell partly because of the much better fit of the 3 eyes, they fit my foot like a normal shoe\boot. As I mentioned previously the Bayfield is the only poron insole that I have experience with. Most of my shoes and boots are on the 1 and 5 lasts. And I am a 10D in both with the exception of the rough collection where I size down a...
Oh great, we do have pretty much the same exact same foot and fit. But think you likely know that   And now that I look at the Higgins Mill thinking just one more CXL boot in the stable wouldn't be such a bad idea. Off to look around some more. Just look mind you.... Why do I feel that I should say pics to follow?!
Hoppe's #9 gun oil and be done with it not many smells in the world are better 365 days a year. Wait that is what the females should be wearing to attract males. Never mind. Thank you been awhile, hope all is well with you and the family! Came back when I saw the Dundee was available in Snuff Suede. And find out it is on clearance, not like I need another pair of Dundee's. But have always wanted a pair in Snuff so... Still not sure about the new 2.0 sizing either.  Have a...
Or maybe you just have your shiz together  I wore a Filson cardigan over button down oxford and tie to work yesterday with walnut shell Daltons and Khakis. Too cold and too much snow here yet for loafers, although Spring is around that corner some place up ahead. If what you wear makes you feel good and YOU think it looks good then you will feel good. About yourself and others IME.
Some say 40 others say 50. I say whatever age your comfortable wearing them   Only time I see tassel loafers seems to be when I fly and see others in the airport wearing them. They are invariably older men. For what ever reason I usually am wearing them too. And most of us are usually dressed pretty much the same LOL. 
Looking great as always Roy. Still one of the best dressed men in LA!
The fit is quite different between the two, I would go with which fits the best of course. The patriot is one of the few loafers to fit my foot it is too narrow and tight for many with a high arch. When you have no arch and a narrow heel that works in your favor. I have the Burgundy shell for a little less casual wear.    And the Manchester also fits me well. I am old enough I can pull off tassel loafers.
Congrats! What a great looking shoe. I don't own any blue shell, or blue shoes for that matter. Yet but after seeing those... I'm glad to see AE finally offering the antique edge about time! When my brown cordovan Patriots needed resoled AE would not do natural welt for me so I ended up sending them off to B. Nelson in NYC for antique edges on JR soles.  I liked them enough that when someone on here had a MTO done in Cappuccino shell and AE put the wrong edge on them I...