or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Agree, Remington Quality has taken a steep nose dove in recent years. Duck hunters around here pretty much all use Benelli's because in bad weather everything else eventually becomes a single shot. My Benelli Super Sport is the original model and has HK in red on the receiver. The Benelli Ultralight is my go to gun most of the time in the uplands but I prefer 2 pipes most of the time. For self defense prefer the Ithaca 37 because I grew up with them and can operate them as...
It sounds like you are saying it is slightly snug at the ball of your foot. And that is where bunions for guys often form if they are too snug. Pretty sure that a B width is going to be way too narrow but the 9.5D may fit a lot better than you think. I went through this with the Bayfield. I have a lot of shoes and boots on the 511 but the Bayfield was just a little snug across the ball of my foot and by the end of the day uncomfortable but not hurting. I wanted to have a...
I believe from the replies that it shows just how much variation in feet and fit exists. It is why some have said they have a fear of new or unknown lasts, and for good reason. Some lasts just don't work for me no matter what combination I try and have given up on them. But most all of my shoes and boots are the same size 10D which is TTS. The 5 last is the best fitting, for me. With the exception of the rough collection Black Hills and Elgin, also the AE made for...
Walnut shell Dalton's today, they have aged well and I really like the color they have developed over the last couple of years.  
 My experience with AE customer service has also been outstanding. Several of us have tried to warn others about the addiction of shell, usually to no avail. A bit more than 2 years ago englade321 did an outstanding job of it IMO:  
@RichieP Thank You!   Those that picked the Patriots up in both brown and burgundy will not be disappointed IMO. I have them in both brown and burgundy shell, the brown I wear more casually around the house and even a yard\deck shoe. After about a year I had B. Nelson resole the burgundy with the equivalent of the Alden antique edge sole and am very pleased with the results.     Speaking of Long Wings and tassel loafers one of my favorite loafers is the Manchester,...
Lots of good advice in this post and the others relating to it. The Clifton is on the 8 last and I could not get it to work for my foot either. I tried every permutation possible but in the end it was a no go for me and the Clifton. Yet others have said the 8 is their favorite last, it all depends on the individual and your feet.
The thought did cross my mind, several times a day LOL! But I just couldn't see myself wearing navy or green with anything that I own. Others have pulled it off but I work in a very conservative environment. I really need to update this picture now that they have some age and sunlight on them.  Burgundy, Black, Walnut, Brown, and Cappuccino (Truffle) Shell
Thank you for the kind words Pepper. I couldn't bring myself to put a spoiler on those Dundee's, your right they are darkening nicely and look great! I really don't need any more Dundee's but I am jealous of those....
Mine are the older hard model which are no longer made, but yes they work in all my AE shoes and boots. I did use the chart at the time and it worked for those. If on the border between 2 sized I think I'd go with the smaller size first.