or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

What a great score misterellington!My brown pair see a lot of use in the winter which is a good part of the year for me. Out of all the shoes and boots I own my admin assistant commented one day when I was wearing the Cascades that they were very stylish shoes. I was standing and she couldn't see they were boots or the lug soles. It is the only time she has made a comment about any of my footwear.
Great post! I am fortunate or maybe rather unfortunate that the 5 last fits me better than any other last so I own plenty of both. If I am going to be attending an important meeting that day more times than not I will wear the Leeds, Dundee's or sometimes black shell PA. However pretty much everyone I know in the real world outside of SF feels that wingtips are "fancier" than captoes or PTB. Attention to detail with a good shine and edge dressing goes a long ways no matter...
Many years ago and my only AE shoe for quite a few years, black calf Leeds. Last 2 years or so have been adding a little Saphir blue polish. The Leeds are identical to the military shoe which I wore for 20 years with the exception that it fits better and lasts a lot longer. Obviously they are not made by the cheapest bidder LOL. A PTB is good enough for the most formal occasions in the military so I have no issues with wearing it the same way out of uniform.
I hear you and agree. I own 5 pair of Dundee's in different shell colors plus 3 pair of Leeds because I feel a PTB fits most situations well so also agree with your selection in footwear.... Besides jeans I have and will wear the Dundee's with a suit or slacks and a jacket especially in the winter, it is very versatile and a great choice.  It would certainly make them more casual and work well for jeans, however it would also take the formality out of them for more formal...
Yes and yes at least IMO. Not a lot of love for black shoes\boots on SF however it is about as classic as you can get. There is even less love for black shell on here but I do like it myself. Compared to burgundy shell Dundee. These 2 colors are interchangeable in most situations for me. I do grab the burgundy more than the black but that is personal preference. Black shell with a very light coat of saphir blue (navy) polish and I like the added depth. However I have only...
Not in person, just pictures. Certainly is an ugly gun IMO but Benelli isn't exactly known for aesthetically pleasing designs. The Admiral and skipper (Captain) I hunt phez with in SD both have the Benelli Vinci and they admit it is a ugly, black, godless killing machine but it is extremely effective for both of them. I prefer the other Italian makers for O/U's and besides Beretta have F.A.I.R. (I. Rizzini) and a couple of B. Rizzinis which all work well for me. Also have...
Agree, Remington Quality has taken a steep nose dove in recent years. Duck hunters around here pretty much all use Benelli's because in bad weather everything else eventually becomes a single shot. My Benelli Super Sport is the original model and has HK in red on the receiver. The Benelli Ultralight is my go to gun most of the time in the uplands but I prefer 2 pipes most of the time. For self defense prefer the Ithaca 37 because I grew up with them and can operate them as...
It sounds like you are saying it is slightly snug at the ball of your foot. And that is where bunions for guys often form if they are too snug. Pretty sure that a B width is going to be way too narrow but the 9.5D may fit a lot better than you think. I went through this with the Bayfield. I have a lot of shoes and boots on the 511 but the Bayfield was just a little snug across the ball of my foot and by the end of the day uncomfortable but not hurting. I wanted to have a...
I believe from the replies that it shows just how much variation in feet and fit exists. It is why some have said they have a fear of new or unknown lasts, and for good reason. Some lasts just don't work for me no matter what combination I try and have given up on them. But most all of my shoes and boots are the same size 10D which is TTS. The 5 last is the best fitting, for me. With the exception of the rough collection Black Hills and Elgin, also the AE made for...
Walnut shell Dalton's today, they have aged well and I really like the color they have developed over the last couple of years.