or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

It is a dangerous place, at least for the savings account anyhow.
Seeing how there is some interest in the Bayfields, well worn Cappuccino shell with mini lug on sole only, standard heel-  
 They look great! Wish they would have had a pair in my size when that happened. Congrats on the 10th pair of shell, I seem to recall trying to warn you when you were considering your first pair of shell to see what it was all about  You have a fantastic collection of shell shoes GOP, very well done.Agree, welcome! LOL I have that post and link by englade321 saved in my google docs. It should be in a shell hall of fame somewhere.
I have had the same exact thoughts more than once that you posted. So you can get out of my head now...  But recently on AAAC I posted that shoe fit is number 1 and got lambasted, even a mod said it is tertiary. Obviously there are varying views on the subject of fit so I am trying to stay out of it. But personally I hate heel slip and have gotten rid of boots that have it if I can't fix it in someway like cork heel grips used in ski boots, etc. Shoes with heel slip can be...
Both made by AE so construction is outstanding, and durability is also fantastic. Although I treat my 744's pretty rough compared to my cappuccino Bayfields which I use for both dress and casual wear. I really like them both, a lot, and use them for different occasions. I would purchase either again in a heartbeat if something were to happen to my existing ones. The Bayfield is on the 1 last however it has the poron insole. I am normally a 10D in the 1 and 5 last, which is...
There is a good chance that it is polished cobbler leather although they haven't made the PA in it for a long time now. If the number inside the shoe is 5675 then it is the old cobbler leather number for the PA. My Sheltons are polished cobbler and they have held up well, although I don't really care for the creasing so much. But make for a good foul weather shoe.
Exactly, and I will also add a narrow heel to the above and the Dundee is a much better fit for me. Glad to hear you like them half, I knew they would find a great home with you  I switch it up for Sporting Clays with 744's, Bayfields, and the Katmai  They are all great as I am sure the Long Branch is too. When I was shooting skeet wearing my Bayfields I had a guy say he had never shot with someone wearing wingtips. I started to explain to him that they were not wingtips...
I posted a news article where a cat killed a 200 pound dog a mile from my house, so a 70 pounder is bringing a knife to a gunfight IMO. Big cats (cougar) worry me the most of anything because they just kind of show up and are "there". Many times when the attack they are elevated and dogs don't smell them either. Most of my neighbors don't have underground fences either and when their dog gets hit by a car they just get another dog, and that is their choice. It is not mine...
Not crazy....
I normally don't worry about cougar until I am in Wy. and West, and then I don't usually have my dog with me. But they show up around here from time to time. In May a cougar about a mile from my house took down a 200lb. Great Dane which had to be put down. It was at the bottom of the ravine where I live at the top of it. Most of my friends stopped putting bells and beepers on their bird dogs because the bear and wolves have learned that it is their dinner bell and have...