or Connect

Posts by Cold Iron

Those burgundy shell PA's look fantastic, well done! I really like my black shell PA's but can honestly say that those would get even more wear.
The Malvern is a weird one when it comes to fit the footbed is lined with memory foam. Because of this it fits much tighter than standard 1 last boots. The Bayfield is another one it has a poron insole which doesn't take up as much space as the memory foam but it still is tighter fitting than others on the 1 last. You can try going up in length a half size or in width a size. If you go up in length it still may not fit and you have to be careful of creasing too far...
I have the Patriot in both burgundy and brown shell. It gets dinged for poor fit on the reviews on the AE site for too tight on many people however it is the only loafer I have ever found to fit my foot. And I love them I've tried for years to find a loafer that I didn't walk out of the heels. So if you have a narrow heel, low volume foot (no to little arch) they work great. As always the shoe that fits the best is the right one IMO. Found out later that the Manchester...
When mine where new yes the back edge of the pinking did flare up a little bit. With enough brushing I beat them into submission soon enough though  Congrats, they are great boots NAMOR, I'm sure you will like them. 
 This is normal. All of my rough collection shoes are a 9.5D where most all my AE dress shoes are a 10D. It is normal to size down a half size for the rough collection from your normal AE size. And I wear a size 10D in shell same as calf. The shell is usually very slightly looser fitting but not by much, and not all of them.
I understand exactly what you are saying, but no surprise to me there  I prefer to not look at it as an addiction but... hmmm... well OK maybe....
 Well it was -16 F this morning. Expansion tank on the boiler went out last night so no heat in the house and spent the night feeding the fireplace wood. The mechanic just left after spending the day here and only half the house has heat someplace there is a ice plug in the line but it is up to 52 in the house now. Just don't feel right wearing loafers in the snow and cold, heck it is too cold to wear them as house slippers right now! Which is something I do very often in...
Congrats on your new shell loafers! I'm also looking forward to warm weather and the chance to finally start wearing loafers again, it can't come soon enough 
Those Leeds look great, congrats! And I agree just use the Mac method and over time they will just keep getting better. Great job Michael, they turned out fantastic! And I agree, need some more pictures of those bad boys!
Very nice and congrats! I wouldn't get too carried away with stripping them down yet because they are your first pair and you don't want to go too far with it. NewShoes1 hit it pretty solid I would just start with some Renovatour and the Mac method. Shell takes time and some work to really pop, at least AE shell does IME. But it has always been worth it. I use a small amount of Reno and microfiber cloth switching spots on the cloth as the cream comes up. When done wipe...