Posts by Cold Iron

Ha you and me both came back after around 2 years at the same exact time, must be that is the max time can stay in remission from this place. And I picked up 4 so far including the MD x AE. It did make me realize that I have 4-6 calf that I almost never wear and now debating to donate for tax purposes or try to sell. Yeah one in one out now, although I do have a few spots left in the closet yet so...  I have the Filson weekender jacket for use in town and even in the...
Just lightly damp! Wipe and brush like hell. I think part of the success of the Mac method is to not remove the brush from the shoe just keep it going. 
 My first thought was you can't get there from here but putting them next to my only pair of calf walnut think you might be able to. Cognac and light brown Saphir polish-  Crappy cell phone pic but light brown (small tin) is just a bit too brown and cognac is a bit off but not much. Mixing the two would put you on the money but you really need cream not polish to change the color of walnut. Hope that helps and good luck!  And the winner is.... (at least IMO) ∨   I have...
 I picked those up in brown new on closeout a few years ago pretty cheap, but no where as cheap as yours. Nice pickup! Have worn them only a few times and do like them on hot summer days. Which does happen once in a while around here but not often. This was in May from a couple of years ago. No I did not wear them that day but I certainly was waiting for it to get warm enough to do so. 
 True my burgundy shell Leeds are one of my most worn shoes. I need to update my Leeds picture now I guess. Well after I have the sole edges of the brown shell dyed darker and brass eyelets put in. My natural shell Leeds that just came in are a bit darker than some of those just posted and I am actually pleased with that. They will fit well into the family.   IF you were happy with the bluchers in that role, and I sometimes am, then what about Leeds and have your cobbler...
 Outstanding and very well said!  One of the things I really like about AE is that I find their lasts are not too sleek and can cross between dress and causal use with ease. I know many find them "blocky" but I find them about perfect for my taste and eye. On the weekends and outside of work I am not wearing wingtips for the most part and likely have Red Wing boots on, maybe Dundee's or a PTB like Leeds. I'm knocking at the door of 60 and ever wonder why you don't so...
 Ha! I do have the PA in black shell  And gave some serious thought to purchasing a pair in blue shell seeing how I put just a little bit of Saphir Navy wax on them from time to time and love the effect that it gives. 
 Yes lighter colored shell gets darker over time and exposure to sunlight. 
Nailed it.     Gray, cloudy and spitting snow and rain best can do today I'm afraid.
  What @polojock615 said. I just checked and my oldest shell is burgundy Leeds which are well worn and modified. However think from my existing soles over the last few years and those pretty sure I can tell, those are vintage.  Never doubt the polojock. He knows of what he speaks.