or Connect

Posts by dandy1

Yes I think these are fair points, the market seems resilient at the moment. What catalysts do you believe are going to bring the market down in the short term?    Talks between Greece and bondholders are recommencing today which may disintegrate ..leading to potential default / exit by greece of euro ?   Dandy.  
Chinese growth in line with estimates 8.7 (if you believe the stats out of Beijing) Eurozone downgrades Greek talks with bondholders going down the plughole   =   Markets Up   Someone explain what is going on? Why is the market (equities & commodities) rallying near to historic highs?  
I was wondering when standing in a blazer, is it normal for the vents on the back (double vent in this case) to LIE slightly open and not lie totally flat? im talking a 10% angle of the flaps to each other if that..    Would members have the blazer adjusted by a tailor so the vents drape completely flat? I assume this would mean changing the 'drop' of the jacket? Is it a big job if this needs to be done?   Dandy. 
Hey Shoebie, appreicate the info. Definately an interesting shoe.   How much height does the raised heel portion add up to on the Basel?   Dandy.  
whats the RRP on these jackets? is the kei line always in unlined cashmere?
Hi shoebie, yes its an interesting new kid on the block .. the basel were the ones that i was looking at.   My only concern is that the sole on the basel is completely flat .. no heel at all. Do you find this more or less comfortable when walking around?
who makes the best suede brougue? any nice pics?   dandy.
has anyone bought a pear of loafers from harrys of london? some of the loafters look nice as a casual swede shoe but pretty punchy prices and a new company which hasnt been around a long time.   shoes rrp at £300 + so competing with the likes of tods .. is quality high and the prices worth it?   dandy.
The combination is also reminiscent of a lot of public school uniforms in England, grey trouser and blue blazer with a school motto on the chest.   what do SF members feel about choice of shoes with the combination, brown or black .. swede or calf leather?   previous pictures with a swede monk / brown oxford calf looked great .. although i cant help feeling a black shoe is more classic with this look? is this an english affectation to wear black shoes instead of...
none taken DWFII, appreciate the information. ive got a couple of old injuries in the knee which is the issue with the leather sole. i usually wear rubber soled shoes (well for the last decade or so at least) but i saw these and couldnt resist picking them up as they are a gorgeous shoe and they fitted like a glove when i tried them on.   whats involved in the 'milling process' which you mention, am quite interested from a technical standpoint.   the sole of...