or Connect

Posts by dandy1

Thanks for explaining this to me, the brand does reference the fact the Parisian 'elite' wore them, playing on the aristocratic associations. The fact teenagers develop social snobbery at such a young age is unfortunate, especially in modern France which is supposedly founded on egalitarian principles!    Which shoes brands do you believe are better if I may ask? I would agree that they are overpriced, although I would probably say that any Goodyear Welted shoe made in a...
Why the strong negative view GDL? Any specific reason? The Chasse/Demi-Chasse/Golf shoes carry a very French aesthetic on casual shoes I think, its very different to the English country aesthetic.   I'm quite tempted to invest (& that is the word at $2k) in a pair of the Chasse Hunt derby shoes. Its not a shoe I think would work with smart tailored clothes at all, instead I think jeans and a Tattersall shirt would best, perhaps with a loden coat to conjure up that...
Hi any recommendation for a Navy blue serge cloth from one of the English mills? I'm looking for something between 12-13 oz ideally.   Many thanks in advance
was wondering if anyone has been into mettez, paris during their sale period? are any of their coats on sale?   cheers guys.
I would avoid Budd. There is hardly any choice amongst their RTW, if you do by chance spot a shirt you like they often wont have it in your size as they carry such minimal stock (shop is the size of a shoebox). There is no clarity on where they have their rtw shirts made these days although they will tell you over and over that they are made in england (but without any specifics given) and shirts have variation in cut (ie dimensions can vary between shirts in the same...
Dude what happened with this suit? Did the geezer giv your money back ? Have to say the picture was brilliant .. worst suit I've ever seen! In fact it was so amusing that I'm in half a mind to send you a check for 500 euros just for making me laugh for 20 minutes this evening
what happened with this buddy?   did GB resolve this for you either by fixing or a replacement?   dandy.
Hi, this looks like something that I have been looking for a while, im a big fan of Kanye West as well and have admired his dress sense from afar for some time now. I think his look of wearing skin tight jeans around is upper thighs along with tight 't shirts' looks especially good and shows great taste. Could you clarify the price for the coat please? Did you mean £5, inclusive of tax, duty & postage? If so I think it's a fair price and will take it. Thanks dandy:foo:
the current fit of a canali kei jacket seems to be v short (& tight) with extremely a high notch on the lapel. what on earth is canali thinking with this? i suspect trying to play to young people who dont really know how to dress themselves and are probably more used to going to abercrombie for a hoodie.   i like the idea of an unstructured sportscoat with v little padding, but the cut of the canali kei jacket imho does not deserve the high praise it gets on this...
yes above posters have touched on some of the features of an english shoe .. the sole is thicker yes on an English shoe, from a style point of view as well as a goodyear welt translating into having to use a thicker sole. By the shoe being higher I mean the height of an english shoe is usually taller, whereas Italian shoes usually have a lower profile.   the lightweight nature of fabric, tighter to the body cut and unstructured jackets of italian clothing just dont...