or Connect

Posts by MrTKN

The experiment is now over. There was no significant curvature to the soles which are now both fully dry. The shoe with the shoe tree dried up much faster than the one without. A few interesting points/recommendations; The areas that dried up fastest were those in direct contact with the shoe tree. I would recommend full wooden shoe trees with a heel end. I would not recommend those with carved out soles like this  Go instead for ones that are solid. The greater the...
Update #1 Woke up to realise that there was already a difference between the shoes. The one with the shoe tree is less wet than the one without. Additionally the leather on the uppers of the one with a shoe tree looks more taut and less wrinkled while that of the one without the shoe tree looks rather deformed as shown in the pictures. No curling of the sole as yet. Note how the shoe without the shoe tree is darker than the one with the shoe tree. That is due to the...
  Here are the pictures of the shoes. They are Italian made Carlo Rossi Shoes found in a thrift shop. Couldn't get meaningful Google results of the brand. The leather sole seems very good and seems to have fared better than the rubber used for the heel (although they don't seem to show a lot of use overall). Although I wanted a 'well made' pair of shoes to further the notion that well made shoes should not need shoe trees-I am really not sure how well made these are....
My sincere apologies for misquoting you. It was inadvertant and due to a temporary lapse in concentration. I had in fact read your post and I do agree with what you said     
My sincere apologies for that. I inadvertantly misquoted you since you had quoted RDiaz in reply to his comment. The sun was in my eyes and I was walking against the wind...made it really hard for me to see     When in fact what you has said was;   Which I completely agree with by the way...?
I managed to get a couple of pairs of shoe trees in spite of my deepest convictions otherwise. They all managed to fit quite snugly into my shoes with the exception of one. Even though I bought different types (all cedar though) They couldn't quite fit into my Magnannis. The toe end seemed to be under high stress as it has quite a slim profile compared to my other shoes. I completely agree with apropos and RDiaz, cheap generic shoe trees do more harm than...
+1
Thanks guys. Your replies are most appreciated. I must say, it is rather exciting to get a reply to your thread. Just a few more questions; How significant is the curling and does it justify having a shoe tree? More specifically have you found this to be true yourself?  Your arguments are compelling but, are they founded?  In this case the argument in support of shoe trees seems to have a logical basis but has anyone ever tested it out? I'm just trying to stop myself...
I like this look. Love the fit of the jacket and the combination of tie, shirt and jacket. The shoes are cool but there is something about the pants...can't quite figure out what it is..
First post! I have read a lot of interesting posts on this forum and as a result I feel like a fundi of sorts compared to the layman on the street. I know there are a lot of posts on shoe trees but I was wondering...Are they really important? I recently purchased a pair of Magnanni and To Boot New York shoes for my corporate wardrobe and in attempting to ensure I keep my shoes in top notch I stumbled upon this forum. (Needless to say, I feel rather amateurish having...