or Connect

Posts by ATLjon

Yeah, with records, a lot of it is about the experience and the collecting aspect, which is why I do it. There are some sound differences, though, tipped in favor of vinyl whatever this guy might think: http://www.laweekly.com/music/why-cds-may-actually-sound-better-than-vinyl-5352162
People have actually said that to you? 
This won't light the thread afire, but I thought someone might be able to use it    
And with a $600 million lump sum ... I don't want anybody else earning interest on that but me. Besides, I'd be more apt to do incredibly generous things if it all came at once, and that's what I would definitely want to do. Endow a char at the symphony, kick some money to some of the smaller arts programs around the city, kick some money to my undergrad and grad schools. 
Blackstar is incredible. I dug into it the day it was released and have been looking forward to giving it some extended listenings.  Producer kind of confirmed it was a goodbye album and everybody around him knew something was close. I heard a snippet about Bowie this morning as I got in the car, and I thought it was just a feature-ish piece on Blackstar. Then it turned out it was an obit.
I only have one Bowie -- not giving that up.   Here's some jazz. Some of it is probably not up for grabs, but let me know if you really need something.    
Who needs records? I'm trying to lighten the load before the move, so if any of these pique your interest, let me know (Also, any of the stuff that's been sitting on ebay for a while):
I  found a khaki version of that a while back. Never could nail down the age.
Vintage USA-made Brooks Brothers three-piece. 3 button. Tagged 39 Short with a 34 waist. I believe the jacket size, but the pants are more like a 30. Hit me up if you need a sack suit.  
Boys XL, so a S. Preeeeeeeeetty sweet.