or Connect

Posts by ATLjon

that warehouse was pretty massive.
Took a mid-week work trip to the stomping grounds of one @Orgetorix, but had absolutely no time to thrift. But I did fly in a flight simulator and tour the GILT warehouse, so that's cool, right?    DEETS:        
There's always a reason things are donated, right?   The two suits need some TLC, so they'll be sold on the forum for a reasonable -- more than cost plus shipping, but not much more. The tweed has some pulls and needs some help on a part that is going a bit threadbare (should be an easy fix though, especially since it's a dark tweed). The gray suit has the red spot issue.   Both are pretty close in size; this is taken from the tweed:   Waist: 17.5 Inseam:...
COVER THE WORLD WITH .... ????   Yeah, that's a tweed Kiton suit.       And then ...      Finally, another suit:      [[SPOILER]]   Three 3-2 pieces of Kiton, all in a row, at one store. (There was a silk SC, but it had pulls in it; I'll see if it's still there for half-off day.). Suits are tagged 52 L, the cash sc is 50 (but is definitely the same-ish size). I paid up, but that probably means standard LA thrift pricing.   available.
Florshiem by Duckie Brown, 11 D, in great condition. $100 CONUS.
    I turned on the TV, and I thought, "What the hell is he wearing?" Apparently, everyone else on the Internet did as well. The best line I've heard about it: "The audacity of taupe."
Corneliani Polo Ralph Lauren 44 L tweed Silk Corneliani 41 42 R L sportcoat Recent Skinny Gitman Bros short red blue striped tie 45 L Brooks Brothers Madison navy blazer Cantarelli Faconnable 50 R sportcoat blazer Bleeding India Madras Gant 40 41 R sportcoat Vintage WW 2 1942 Coast Guard Academy Small midshipman pea coat. Custom made: CT 44 R gray Cashmere sportcoat blazer jacke Bruno Piatelli vintage tweed suit, 40 R STAPLE $145 Sid Mashburn 17.5 34 spread...
In a moment of BABY MORTGAGE LIFE money panic, I considered parting with my VI.
I'd say you struck gold, but since you've literally struck gold before ...  Oh, and if anyone ever comes across instruments they want to trade away, get at me. I'm mainly looking for a banjolele, but if you come across anything interesting, let me know (also anything saxophone related -- vintage classical sax literature, alto mouthpieces, a soporanino or soprano ...).
 I don't know... I like money. http://www.ebay.com/itm/121407502861?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649