or Connect

Posts by ATLjon

The saga of The Sid Mashburn Suit continues. Seriously, I went to this place called Hong Kong Tailors today to get some work done on a suit; the work isn't complete yet, but the process seemed a bit more smooth.
  UPDATE:  I still think there are some things to be worked on after this latest fit, and I'm a bit annoyed that the process has taken this long, but I feel like we're getting there. Despos and others: Is there a point to which there have been too many alterations to an off-the-rack suit? Should I start getting worried about the durability of things?  I still think they could do more with the crotch area, as I feel there's a bit of extra fabric there making the pants look...
Offers welcome on this 40 R-ish (could also work for a Short) overcoat. This is a Savile Row-level bespoke overcoat, custom made in the late '70s by J.C. Wells. The firm became Wells of Mayfair soon after this coat was made, and the firm is now part of Davies and Son, currently located at 38 Savile Row in London. Two patch pocketsCenter hook vent, pick stitching everywhereHand tailored details p2p: 21sleeve: 23 (+1)Shoulder: 19Length: 38 3/4 Last pics in spoiler show the...
  http://www.abebooks.com/9780938862543/Atari-Assembly-Language-Programmers-Guide-0938862545/plp
Any ideas about this one?   Made in Italy  
This seemed pretty cool.      
 If you want to send some of that jazz to me .... Someone must have liquidated a radio station recently, or a major collector died, because the Goodwill near me has been packed with records lately. In the past two weeks, I've picked up a lot of good jazz and other staples, but always with the sense that I was missing out on something huge. I walked to the register today happy with my pickups of Steps Ahead's Magnetic, a pristine Steve Martin album, an early Nick Lowe and a...
First, pics of the reunited Alan Flusser custom suit, which should measure out to a 40 S, but has voluminous (but incredibly well built) trousers.     [[SPOILER]]  And then .... Jos A Bank. Yeah. Feels like Cashmere. Full Canvas. Handwork. Made in Italy.     Anyone? 
  "Not all items in a particular brand are created equally." Ha.  We should pool our money, buy the book and post all the brands!
Any ideas on this Made in England coat?