or Connect

Posts by ATLjon

Oh, you. I wish I had a "legitimate  reason" (read: that my wife would find legit) to drive to Birmingham.
To revive an old thread and hopefully provide good information.   A note about Hong Kong Tailors:   I was in there yesterday spending more than I intended, but I have no doubt that the work will be good. And with thrifted sportcoats, what's spending $125 for two impeccably tailored staple pieces?   Anyway, Neil said they'd be remodeling and prices will be going up, "so get all your alterations done this year."     The pricing. I don't know if this is low, low, but...
Thrift shop polka at 2:50.  
7 Photos Summer Paul Stuart 40 R Short triple patch pocket sportcoat blazer Orange Cotton       Time left: 4d 22h leftSunday, 9PM     5 Photos 38 Short Brooks Brothers Country navy blazer sportcoat Loro Piana 120s Made: USA       Time left: 4d 21h leftSunday, 8PM...
Yeah, I'll probably go with the less conspicuous option and just bring along a baseball. I'll say it's for my newborn son, which technically would not be lying.
I do some work on the side for the Braves, and I'm going to get to cover the annual Legends weekend, which features 50 Braves alumni and culminates in an alumni softball game. Would it be inappropriate and completely unprofessional to bring this thrifted beauty for autographs? Probably, right? Yes?   I mean, I know the right answer, but I'll probably bring it anyway.   Fun story: I went to the home opener. It was a bit chilly, so I was wearing the jacket (which fits...
No DJ, but a pretty cool first-of-its-kind edition of Gulliver's Travels from 1947. I think I may have paid $3 after tax.               EDIT: So, maybe "no dust jacket" is OK.   $195.95   Collectible - Very Good Hardcover, Crown, 1947, no dust jacket, black cloth cover with red and white illustration to front has some shelf wear but in good condition overall, text is clean with 24 authentic original prints engraved from the actual printing plates...
 My wife studied in Freiburg in college, so we were rooting on the Germans. I got to go back with her for a very informal 10-year reunion, and it was cool to just hang out in a small town in southern Germany for a few days, then contrast it with the relative enormity of Berlin, where I had visited before but for a lame-o work conference.  I got a chuckle from this yesterday on NPR: http://wfae.org/post/germans-return-home-world-cup-already-worried-about-next-one
Goodwill has become a fine art gallery. Only $124, so could have picked it up, I guess, but who knows what is? The frame's probably worth a bit.   @capnwes? Other art people?    
All ending today:   4 Photos $220 NWT Tellason navy corduroy 32 x 34 pants jeans. John Graham Mellor fit. USA       Time left: 7h leftToday 9:10PM $59.99 0 bids   $119.99 Buy It Now   6 Photos 38 R John Varvatos peak lapel blazer sportcoat Cashmere. Lardini Fashion...